Aspirin was the most potent life-extension agent when data for all model organisms was combined, more so than rapamycin or metformin

Lollipop2

Hold off on the visions of aspirin panacea. It seems unlikely that everyone would benefit from ASA and none would suffer adversely. Knowing who is the essential missing information. As should have been better studied also with clotshots.
Joined in Feb this year - this forum has members from years studying and taking aspirin. Have you? NSAIDs other than Aspirin do cause all sorts of problems. Some people do have an allergy to salicylic acid - but very few - most do well on aspirin.

David PS

Why might aspirin make someone's sleep worse?

David PS

That's funny and a right way to view it. Of course, with Pharma's new multi billion dollar alternative to aspirin, we are hearing all about how dangerous aspirin truly is.
The old adage to follow the money generally work to explain things. Here the insurance industry has documented that aspirin is hurting the industry's bottom line. I find that to be more believable than the bought-and-paid-for news stories about aspirin's harm to health and lifespan.

Orome

Forum Supporter
That's funny and a right way to view it. Of course, with Pharma's new multi billion dollar alternative to aspirin, we are hearing all about how dangerous aspirin truly is.

This.

Since I take Aspirin regularly since 10+ years I am following new science and news about it very closely (I have various alerts for Google News, PubMed etc.). And as far as I can tell the disinformatin campaign against aspirin in mainstream media has accelerated dramatically in recent years (and especially since Covid of course).

Imagine you have a drug that undoubtedly prevents against the number 1 and 2 natural killers (cancer & cardiovascular disease) in western countries. And you are panicking the people because of the risk of bleeding (which you can easily manage as mentioned here).

Makrosky

Why might aspirin make someone's sleep worse?
I don't know but it happens to me if I take it close to bed time. I get terrible sleep. If taken during morning or early afternoon it is totally fine.

This.

Since I take Aspirin regularly since 10+ years I am following new science and news about it very closely (I have various alerts for Google News, PubMed etc.). And as far as I can tell the disinformatin campaign against aspirin in mainstream media has accelerated dramatically in recent years (and especially since Covid of course).

Imagine you have a drug that undoubtedly prevents against the number 1 and 2 natural killers (cancer & cardiovascular disease) in western countries. And you are panicking the people because of the risk of bleeding (which you can easily manage as mentioned here).
Interesting! How much aspirin you take daily?

Since you follow it so closely, what is your take about aspirin's protrombothic effect when discontinued? (example: Paradoxical thrombotic effects of aspirin: experimental study on 1000 animals - PubMed)

Birdie

Thanks. I read this about aspirin and sleep. Very interesting. I'm going to watch myself and see if I can time the aspirin better for sleep quality.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Interesting! How much aspirin you take daily?

I take 300 mg daily during summer times and 2x 300 mg daily (morning + evening) during winter times.

Since you follow it so closely, what is your take about aspirin's protrombothic effect when discontinued? (example: Paradoxical thrombotic effects of aspirin: experimental study on 1000 animals - PubMed)

I am aware of these studies and I don't think that they are of much concern for people who do NOT take Aspirin primarily for blot clotting issues. For people who do I would be more cautious however and not stop the intake cold turkey style.

I initially started with Aspirin because of "thick" blood around 2007 with only 100 mg every other day and slowly began to increase the dosage over the years when I learned of the many other health benefits.
Before a nasal surgery in 2012 I had to stop taking 2-3 weeks before the event and nothing happened. During that time I did however pay a bit more attention to my body than usual and tried to do other things which I believed would help circulation (taking Vitamin E, garlic, ginger and doing moderate rebound exercise on a mini trampoline for example).

But if one is taking it primarily for general health related issues I would not stress out too much about it (although it would of course not hurt if you slowly reduce dosage over time which I think is always the more prudent approach).

Makrosky

I take 300 mg daily during summer times and 2x 300 mg daily (morning + evening) during winter times.

I am aware of these studies and I don't think that they are of much concern for people who do NOT take Aspirin primarily for blot clotting issues. For people who do I would be more cautious however and not stop the intake cold turkey style.

I initially started with Aspirin because of "thick" blood around 2007 with only 100 mg every other day and slowly began to increase the dosage over the years when I learned of the many other health benefits.
Before a nasal surgery in 2012 I had to stop taking 2-3 weeks before the event and nothing happened. During that time I did however pay a bit more attention to my body than usual and tried to do other things which I believed would help circulation (taking Vitamin E, garlic, ginger and doing moderate rebound exercise on a mini trampoline for example).

But if one is taking it primarily for general health related issues I would not stress out too much about it (although it would of course not hurt if you slowly reduce dosage over time which I think is always the more prudent approach).
Many thanks!

Orome

Forum Supporter
Recently the quantity of bad (fake...?) news for Aspirin is steadly increasing again and far outweighing the positive news (e.g. positive findings from studies etc.). Normally it is the other way round. See for example.:

1637945154448.png

I get alerts like this all the time at the moment. Maybe related to the current surge in covid cases (they don't want people to take it to prevent / treat Covid symptoms) or not. But I also heard that general practitioners in Austria are not allowed anymore to prescribe certain medications (such as dewormer, chloroquines...) even if there would be a diagnosis other than covid which would justify it (I haven't verfied this however).
It would therefore not surprise me if Aspirin is more on their radar now than usual.

TheSir

It would therefore not surprise me if Aspirin is more on their radar now than usual.
Aspirin being such an old and widely studied substance, it makes sense to assume that if there are forces seeking to blackwash substances that are clearly conducive to wellbeing, aspirin would quickly become targeted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom