Aspirin Vs Naproxen

beachbum

Why does asprin make my pain worse but aleeve and generic version of Aleeve help.

Beachbum

tara

Why does asprin make my pain worse but aleeve and generic version of Aleeve help.
I'd like to know that too. I find ibuprofen much more likely to help against threatening migraine than aspirin. I haven't used naproxen yet.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I'd like to know that too. I find ibuprofen much more likely to help against threatening migraine than aspirin. I haven't used naproxen yet.

Hi Tara,

I just read on another thread that asprin increases testosterone and if I read it right that it lowers aromatase. Maybe that isn't good for me. Now if it does up testosterone and lower aromatase (which would lower estrogen?correct) then what happens to progesterone. Now when I take ibuprofen it doesn't work as well as aleeve but even with aleeve I don't feel right for a few days after.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Adding to my above post. I use to take ibuprofen when I had extremely painful periods, but no more periods since July and barely there or painful but now I get headaches/migraines and so far just naproxen (aleve) works and it also helps me sleep ( makes me tired). As for asprin it makes everything worse --headache-stomach pain from it, joint pain. In short naproxen actually makes me feel really good and I have energy the next day too.

Beachbum

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
beachbum

beachbum

Naproxen uncouples mitochondria:

"This study shows that in addition to aspirin, a number of other NSAID uncouple mitochondrial respiration. The list of uncouplers includes indomethacin, naproxen, and piroxicam."
NSAIDs (except paracetamol) uncouple mitochondrial respiration

Hi Charlie,

I'm guessing that is a good thing. But why is asprin superior to RP. For the antiviral components and if I'm not mistaken there are other things. Something with aspirin (lol been spelling wrong) though I can't handle. I'm actually afraid to take it.

DaveFoster

Bump. Any ideas as to why aspirin is superior to naproxen? Isn't naproxen hepatotoxic?

taesch

Naproxen lowers Uric Acid and Aspirin raises it. Pain could be caused by Uric Acid (gout).

jimisonthenet

I've currently started taking Naproxen due to not being able to shake chronic sciatica for 6 months. I find it makes me drowsy if I have it without a lot of food, it has helped with the pain initially, but barely. I'll probably give it a few more days and then throw it in the bin if my symptoms don't improve. I don't want to mix it with aspirin, and I found rubbing an aspirin cream on my back and right leg helped alleviate the pain better, but this only lasted a few hours.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals