Aspirin & Vitamin D Production

J

j.

Using aspirin allows a person to stay longer in the sun without getting sunburned. Does aspirin affect vitamin D production? I.e., do we produce less, more, or about the same amount of vitamin D if we sunbathe after taking it as after not taking aspirin?

jyb

Do you have an idea of usage - in terms of both dosage and frequency? Eg, if I take a 325mg aspirin, then go in the sun 30 minutes later, how long will the aspirin benefit last?

Jenn

Aspirin is anti pufa. It's the PUFAs in the skin that cause burning. I don't think you can take an aspirin and have an immediate effect necessarily, but probably over time. For some people it might work, but I don't think you can force your body to use the aspirin where you want it to go. The body heals according to its own agenda.

Milklove

I used aspirin as a sunblocker several times in the last few days and it works for sure. I think the effect is instantaneous, but you have to take a pretty high dose. I spent the whole day in the sun and didn't get a sunburn, not even pink skin ;)

Aspirin, or other sunblockers are actually helpful if you want to improve your Vitamin D levels, since they allow you spend more time in the sun and thus increase your vitamin D production.

J

j.

Milklove said:
Aspirin, or other sunblockers are actually helpful if you want to improve your Vitamin D levels, since they allow you spend more time in the sun and thus increase your vitamin D production.

I don't think I'm ready to take on faith, without studies, that aspirin doesn't interfere with the mechanism of vitamin D production, even while allowing the skin to receive more UVB.

J

j.

Milklove, do you remember if you got a tan? UVA produces tanning. UVB sunburn. If you didn't get a tan, aspirin possibly reduces the damage of both UVA and UVB.

Milklove

Yes, I got a tan, BUT not as much as my father who spent the day with me. He did not use any sunscreen and got a sunburn on his head and neck though.

J

j.

Milklove said:
Yes, I got a tan, BUT not as much as my father who spent the day with me. He did not use any sunscreen and got a sunburn on his head and neck though.

Thanks, that's useful information. As far as I understand things, what happened to you and your father are different phenomena. Your tanning was produced by UVA, and his sunburn was produced by UVB.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Gunnar Relationship Between Aspirin And Vitamin K Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
Sageless Vitamin D + Aspirin Advice Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
Jib Vitamin C And Aspirin Gastric Tolerability Scientific Studies 4
L Vitamin C-aspirin Interactions Scientific Studies 3
I What Is The Role Of Aspirin And Vitamin E When Eating Dr. Ray Peat Diet? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 16
R Can Vitamin K/Aspirin Cause Symptoms Similar To Osteopetrosis? Health 6
R Does Aspirin & Vitamin E Deplete Or Make The Body Utilize More K2? Aspirin 9
X3CyO Aspirin Vs Vitamin E Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
P Why Do Some People Bleed From Aspirin Even When Taking Vit. K? The Vascular And Vitamin C Connection Aspirin 10
Renaiscience_Man High Dose Aspirin And Vitamin K2 May Be The Key To Eradicate ''incurable'' Bacterial Infections Whic Scientific Studies 15
P A Novel Water-soluble Vitamin E Derivative Protects Against Aspirin-Induced Gastric Mucosal Injury Articles & Scientific Studies 1
Renaiscience_Man Blood Clotting, Serotonin, Aspirin, And Vitamin K Ask For Help or Advice 5
E Heart Disease, Aspirin, Vitamin K Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 6
charlie Vitamin K1 Vs. K2 And How Much To Take With Aspirin? K 84
J The Spanish Flu's true culprit - it was aspirin all along! Miscellaneous Health Discussions 8
mayku-T-meelo Aspirin/Acetylsallicylic acid - source in Europe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
K aspirin/ k2 Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
haidut Aspirin can cure liver cancer in just 24 hours (in rabbits) Scientific Studies 2
L Aspirin/Salicylates are calorie restriction mimetics Aspirin 3
S Aspirin, niacinamide and eye bags Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
M aspirin and increased hair loss Hair & Nails 4
J Would It Be Effective To Mix Aspirin Tablet With Charcoal For A Intestinal Disinfectant? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
L Aspirin As A Suppressor Of Cancer-related Epigenetic Aging Scientific Studies 2
P Aspirin Use Reduces Risk Of Death In Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients Scientific Studies 0
haidut Aspirin Has Dramatically Lower Bleeding Risk Than Pharma Anticoagulants Scientific Studies 10
lvysaur Why Does Aspirin Lower My Bilirubin? Blood Work, Labs 1
Mauritio Aspirin Reduces Deaths In COVID-19 Patients By 47% Aspirin 14
B Crickets Fed Low Dose Aspirin Live 143% Longer, Have Longer Childhoods And Higher Metabolic Rates Scientific Studies 7
ddjd Aspirin Significantly Lowers Risk Of Complications, Death In COVID Ask For Help or Advice 4
TopGun1911 Massive Brain Fog After Taking Aspirin (500 Mg) Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
D Coffee,Milk Plus Aspirin And MB Male Issues 2
A Aspirin Gave Me Permanent Tinnitus, Help Ask For Help or Advice 52
ScurveDream For Those Who Cannot "stomach" Aspirin Or Etc Aspirin 3
_lppaiva Stopped Aspirin Cold Turkey. Any Permanent Risks? Ask For Help or Advice 9
C Is Aspirin Estrogenic? Aspirin 18
A Does Aspirin Inhibit Mitochondrial Respiration? Aspirin 51
explosionlord Aspirin + K2 + Glycine Poor Reaction; Anybody Else? Supplements 8
A. squamosa Good Aspirin Brands? Aspirin 9
jamies33 I Realized I'm Basically Always In Pain, And I've Just Gotten Used To It. Aspirin And Yoga Fixes It Metabolism 25
Energizer #33: NAD+/NADH, Stress, And Fatty Acids | How To Use T3, T4, And Aspirin | Histamine | Milk And Acne Danny Roddy 0
Amazigh Where Did All The Aspirin Powder Go? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
L Does Lithium Orotate Dissolve In Water Like Aspirin? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
C Aspirin Starting Dose? Ask For Help or Advice 8
orewashin Does Aspirin Increase Appetite? Aspirin 23
J Mixing Caffeine, Aspirin, & Antihistamine Experiments 6
grithin Aspirin Timing Aspirin 3
Infarouge Does Aspirin Enhance Mineral Absorption? Minerals 0
haidut Aspirin Protects Mitochondria From Inflammation And Aging Scientific Studies 8
E An Aspirin A Day Keeps The Bowel Doctor Away Scientific Studies 1
M Do You Feel A Difference From Taking Glycine Or Gelatin Or Aspirin? Ask For Help or Advice 5