Aspirin - The Swiss Army Knife Of Hair Loss

mrchibbs

I have seen people thicken their hair prostaglandin protocols but few. But granted some of these protocols require consistency. Money and accurate solutions.

I too have read and seen photos of people who regrew hair using aspirin but it must be said that there is a possibility of bias. Photo lighting deception and even the shampoo they use may falsely provide a cosmetic effect. They may even be suffering from a different form of hairloss and not the classic mpb.

I think classic MPB vs. other forms is a bad way to look at hair loss. Women with serious PCOS or post-menopausal symptoms eventually come to exhibit so called MPB, with temporal recession and crown loss. Many men suffer from diffuse hairloss (that is supposedly not MPB) which in time evolves into more typical MPB, with diffuse characteristics. Ultimately, in all sexes and ages, hair is most often sparse at the temples and the crown first. That is true for babies (who have hair 'loss' which is eerily similar in pattern to MPB), older women, women with reproductive problems (many have temporal hair loss), and of course elderly man.

Where it differs is individual circumstances. It is undeniably true that everybody has less hair when they die than they did when they were children/young teenagers. However, some might have good biological traits and thicker head of hair to start with. This can readily be observed in people who have low hairlines. Their scalp often moves with their eyebrows and they have very full hair, often keeping dark color well into their 80s. I think these people typically have stronger metabolisms at those ages. Other teenagers have wimpy hair to start with, and other young adults experience psychological shock which causes diffuses hair loss and then can't escape from the stress of living and never recover their hair, leading over time to MPB traits and eventually, full vertex baldness.

Women of reproductive age are somewhat protected from the rapid baldness men experience, because even with infrequent menstruation, their ovaries still produce progesterone. And progesterone-derived medications like spironolactone and finasteride are some of the few substances that have truly reversed pattern hair loss. Just like women during healthy pregnancies.

Aspirin is just one aspect of an extensive approach to fix fundamental metabolic problems. It shouldn't be expected, on its own, to reverse hair loss, but I can certainly see it stopping hair loss in its tracks for individuals who catch it early. It's good for everything. Maybe higher doses (6-8g) a day could spur a full reversal of hair loss, if the hair loss is relatively recent, but such high doses need to be taken with caution, including supplementing with lots of gelatin and vitamin k2.

GorillaHead

I think classic MPB vs. other forms is a bad way to look at hair loss. Women with serious PCOS or post-menopausal symptoms eventually come to exhibit so called MPB, with temporal recession and crown loss. Many men suffer from diffuse hairloss (that is supposedly not MPB) which in time evolves into more typical MPB, with diffuse characteristics. Ultimately, in all sexes and ages, hair is most often sparse at the temples and the crown first. That is true for babies (who have hair 'loss' which is eerily similar in pattern to MPB), older women, women with reproductive problems (many have temporal hair loss), and of course elderly man.

Where it differs is individual circumstances. It is undeniably true that everybody has less hair when they die than they did when they were children/young teenagers. However, some might have good biological traits and thicker head of hair to start with. This can readily be observed in people who have low hairlines. Their scalp often moves with their eyebrows and they have very full hair, often keeping dark color well into their 80s. I think these people typically have stronger metabolisms at those ages. Other teenagers have wimpy hair to start with, and other young adults experience psychological shock which causes diffuses hair loss and then can't escape from the stress of living and never recover their hair, leading over time to MPB traits and eventually, full vertex baldness.

Women of reproductive age are somewhat protected from the rapid baldness men experience, because even with infrequent menstruation, their ovaries still produce progesterone. And progesterone-derived medications like spironolactone and finasteride are some of the few substances that have truly reversed pattern hair loss. Just like women during healthy pregnancies.

Aspirin is just one aspect of an extensive approach to fix fundamental metabolic problems. It shouldn't be expected, on its own, to reverse hair loss, but I can certainly see it stopping hair loss in its tracks for individuals who catch it early. It's good for everything. Maybe higher doses (6-8g) a day could spur a full reversal of hair loss, if the hair loss is relatively recent, but such high doses need to be taken with caution, including supplementing with lots of gelatin and vitamin k2.
Thats so much. I feel like it would block pge2 completely stop growth.

I will say your explanation is amazing!

Mossy

Maybe higher doses (6-8g) a day could spur a full reversal of hair loss, if the hair loss is relatively recent, but such high doses need to be taken with caution, including supplementing with lots of gelatin and vitamin k2.
I’m interested in aspirin to help with hair, but those doses seem immense. Do you have experience with such high doses?

GorillaHead

There was a study where baby rats were fed inflammatory milk they lost hair and they regrew their hair with asprin

Vinny

There was a study where baby rats were fed inflammatory milk they lost hair and they regrew their hair with asprin
What's inflammatory milk?

GorillaHead

Gentlemen I am hear to report that I have officially stopped my insane hair shedding no thank to miconazle

Zoiros

I went from nw3 to 2 over the course of roughly 3 years after I began using peat dietary principles, mainly high carb/protein, low fat/pufa depletion.

The irony for me was that when I achieved an optimal metabolism and started regrowing, I completely stopped caring, because I felt so good all the time!

Thinking back on it, I experienced the most regrowth when I was focusing on gut health. The most beneficial supplements being ginger, d-limonene, ACV, proteolytic enzymes, etc. IIRC, doses of aspirin 500mg’s or less per day was beneficial.

GreekDemiGod

@Zoiros Impressive! Any thoughts on how could you have done it in 1 year?
How strict were you on PUFA restriction? Under 5g, under 2g?

The irony for me was that when I achieved an optimal metabolism and started regrowing, I completely stopped caring, because I felt so good all the time!
Upward positive spiral. You felt good, your stress went down. You felt good again.

Thinking back on it, I experienced the most regrowth when I was focusing on gut health. The most beneficial supplements being ginger, d-limonene, ACV, proteolytic enzymes, etc. IIRC, doses of aspirin 500mg’s or less per day was beneficial.
Interesting with ginger being thought as serotoninergic.
Did you do ginger shots?

Zoiros

I take 500mg ginger root a day, sometimes not even every day. It always improves my digestion, and feelings of well being, and I take it by itself or sometimes with D-limonene or ACV. I don’t rely on supplements much.

My metabolism actually improved before my hair did. I used to read hair loss studies/ forums frequently when I was under extreme stress during my recovery, afraid I was going to be bald. I was already fat(240+ lbs) and crippled at the time.

I briefly considered finasteride/minox and other treatments, but after dropping over 60 pounds in 6 months, and overcoming NAFLD, chronic fatigue, and anxiety, I started focusing on important issues in my life, career progression, etc.

Then one day, a little over a year after I began peating, I noticed new hairs sprouting on my temples. Cool! I thought.

The time when I was making the most progress was when I attempted to eliminate fat from my diet entirely. I consumed mostly fat free milk and OJ, with gelatin, casein, coffee, honey, and sparing amounts of beef liver and fat free cottage cheese. I’ll say I never ate anything that had more than 1g of fat per serving. I went super strict for approx 3 months.

I got extremely lean and energized. I felt better than at any other time in my life (currently 29). I developed child like flexibility and endurance, even started doing gymnastics again.

All my injuries from a lifetime of poor diet, sports, and hard manual labor went away. My stress went away too, and finally, the hair grew back.

02D34449-382B-463D-9BFC-8C45BA166C53.jpeg

Vinny

I take 500mg ginger root a day, sometimes not even every day. It always improves my digestion, and feelings of well being, and I take it by itself or sometimes with D-limonene or ACV. I don’t rely on supplements much.

My metabolism actually improved before my hair did. I used to read hair loss studies/ forums frequently when I was under extreme stress during my recovery, afraid I was going to be bald. I was already fat(240+ lbs) and crippled at the time.

I briefly considered finasteride/minox and other treatments, but after dropping over 60 pounds in 6 months, and overcoming NAFLD, chronic fatigue, and anxiety, I started focusing on important issues in my life, career progression, etc.

Then one day, a little over a year after I began peating, I noticed new hairs sprouting on my temples. Cool! I thought.

The time when I was making the most progress was when I attempted to eliminate fat from my diet entirely. I consumed mostly fat free milk and OJ, with gelatin, casein, coffee, honey, and sparing amounts of beef liver and fat free cottage cheese. I’ll say I never ate anything that had more than 1g of fat per serving. I went super strict for approx 3 months.

I got extremely lean and energized. I felt better than at any other time in my life (currently 29). I developed child like flexibility and endurance, even started doing gymnastics again.

All my injuries from a lifetime of poor diet, sports, and hard manual labor went away. My stress went away too, and finally, the hair grew back.

View attachment 16531
Wow! Congrats!

EIRE24

View attachment 16531
Hey man,

Well done on feeling well and turning your health around. I was wondering did you ever include any starch in your diet and has your diet changed any bit from the diet you outlined above?

Thanks,

Zoiros

Hey man,

Well done on feeling well and turning your health around. I was wondering did you ever include any starch in your diet and has your diet changed any bit from the diet you outlined above?

Thanks,

Thanks.

With my aforementioned diet I reduced iron intake substantially, to the point where I was concerned about becoming anemic, so I added in portions of chocolate, beef liver, and muscle meats 1-2 times per week. I eat a good bit of coconut, not just oil but the meat as well. I use butter and lard occasionally. I consume small portions of non-goitrogenic veggies like onions, celery, and carrots.

I will have a couple boiled potatoes a week, heavily salted. I avoid wheat and rice, even though I can tolerate them.

I still drink a substantial quantity of fat free milk. I get digestive issues if I don’t have milk on a daily basis. I eat cheese made from raw milk, and 2% cottage cheese.

My fat intake has increased to about 50 grams a day. Protein is roughly 100g a day. Carbs to satiety, I don’t count carbs.

The only thing that causes very negative effects for me is fried food of any kind, even when coconut oil is used. I get scalp inflammation/sebum whenever I eat anything fried.

Zoiros

Hi @Zoiros do you have some good results with white rice instead of sometimes?

I can tolerate rice just fine, but I notice that I feel much better when I get carbs from citrus fruit, honey, and dairy.

Nothing wrong with rice, just personal preference.

EIRE24

Thanks.

With my aforementioned diet I reduced iron intake substantially, to the point where I was concerned about becoming anemic, so I added in portions of chocolate, beef liver, and muscle meats 1-2 times per week. I eat a good bit of coconut, not just oil but the meat as well. I use butter and lard occasionally. I consume small portions of non-goitrogenic veggies like onions, celery, and carrots.

I will have a couple boiled potatoes a week, heavily salted. I avoid wheat and rice, even though I can tolerate them.

I still drink a substantial quantity of fat free milk. I get digestive issues if I don’t have milk on a daily basis. I eat cheese made from raw milk, and 2% cottage cheese.

My fat intake has increased to about 50 grams a day. Protein is roughly 100g a day. Carbs to satiety, I don’t count carbs.

The only thing that causes very negative effects for me is fried food of any kind, even when coconut oil is used. I get scalp inflammation/sebum whenever I eat anything fried.
Since you have switched up your diet do you still feel as good?

Did your weight increase with the shift in diet?

Thanks,

Zoiros

Since you have switched up your diet do you still feel as good?

Did your weight increase with the shift in diet?

Thanks,

I’ve gained some muscle mass and a tiny increase in body fat, but I feel like it’s a healthy amount. I actually feel better overall.

I was so lean previously that I had visible veins in my abs/legs/chest. My waist was 30” and now it’s 32”, so not too much difference, but I feel a bit calmer and less stressed.

In retrospect, I feel like the diet itself was a source of some stress, but in the end it did have the desired effect. I think that I was possibly deficient in some nutrients and eating a less restrictive diet helped to alleviate that.

Flash

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing. What type of fat free milk do you consume? Pasteurized or unpasteurized, organic or non-organic? If so what brand?

Zoiros

Thanks for sharing. What type of fat free milk do you consume? Pasteurized or unpasteurized, organic or non-organic? If so what brand?

I usually buy the pasteurized cheap stuff from the local DG, but I have also had good results with the organic stuff, and even FairLife fat free. I change it up simply because the taste is different.

I’ve never had raw milk, but would love to try it. Fat free raw milk sounds ideal, but I’ve never seen it or heard of it being sold anywhere near me.

When I want to reduce my liquid intake or increase protein, I add powdered skim to the regular milk. Plus a little casein, gelatin, and sugar. Tastes like a milkshake if add a teaspoon of cocoa powder.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals