Aspirin - The Swiss Army Knife Of Hair Loss

olive

Aspirin inhibits the D6D enzyme from creating GLA which is essential for hair growth. Aspirin may help halt hairloss but it will have a negative impact over time on hair quality/health/growth.

Peatful

Clarification:

I linked the above thread not to debate, or insinuate anything negative about DRs new video.
Just linked it for food for thought/data collection.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I think dosage is key when discussing all supplements.....I use aspirin maybe 2 or three times a week. I have not found any issues with it in this frequency.

Scenes

Aspirin inhibits the D6D enzyme from creating GLA which is essential for hair growth. Aspirin may help halt hairloss but it will have a negative impact over time on hair quality/health/growth.

Lol are you actually Taeian? Every post seems straight from his teachings.

Scenes

Travis wrote about how y-tocopherol and aspirin together would stop hair loss. The mechanism was stopping prostaglandin formation.

Regrowth is a different beast though.

PhilParma

Travis wrote about how y-tocopherol and aspirin together would stop hair loss. The mechanism was stopping prostaglandin formation.

Regrowth is a different beast though.
Would using both thin the blood excessively?
Would taking the gamma tocopherol by itself cause problems? Would it be more wise to take mixed tocopherol that is high in gamma?

mrchibbs

Danny is making the case that chronic stress affects the metabolism of the brain and that aspirin can counteract almost all those effects.
As he mentions, pattern baldness is unequivocally empirically associated with hypertension, and coronary disease and now decrease of brain function with the latest study from Turkey.

Personally aspirin makes my scalp very relaxed, and raises my temperature, while removing inflammation all over (as evidenced by clear skin free of any skin condition, which is a constant problem for me.)

Combined with its never-ending protective effects against stress and severe diseases like cancer, it's a no brainer for me.

Some members mention sheds in the short term, but long-term I see no reason to believe it wouldn't be extremely beneficial.

BigChad

would vitamin E have the same issues here? 1000mg mixed tocopherols twice a week? (thornes ultimate E

olive

would vitamin E have the same issues here? 1000mg mixed tocopherols twice a week? (thornes ultimate E
No. Vitamin E is fine, just make sure not to overload on alpha and deplete other forms - although it looks like you’re doing the right thing with the mixed tocopherols.

Lorof

No. Vitamin E is fine, just make sure not to overload on alpha and deplete other forms - although it looks like you’re doing the right thing with the mixed tocopherols.
So you are saying Tocovit from @haidut should be used with caution since it is high in alpha?

GorillaHead

Journal of Skin and Stem Cell | Topical Diclofenac 3% Gel for Actinic Keratosis May Induce Terminal Hair in Male Androgenetic Alopecia: A Report of Three Cases

Topical Diclofenac 3% Gel for Actinic Keratosis May Induce Terminal Hair in Male Androgenetic Alopecia

so there is definitely something about cox-2 and prostaglandins that causes baldness.

Interesting has anyone tried this gel?

I am just looking for maintenance. I might do daily baby aspirin doses to see if it stops hairloss

Orangeyouglad

It blocks prostaglandins, but certain types are necessary to grow hair. So, Aspirin might halt hairloss, but you likely wouldn’t achieve regrowth.

Scenes

It blocks prostaglandins, but certain types are necessary to grow hair. So, Aspirin might halt hairloss, but you likely wouldn’t achieve regrowth.

Not sure how true this is in reality. No one is regrowing hair on prostaglandin type protocols. Even that Swisstemples dude dropped off the map. The other big critic would be Taeian, but his protocols are also very hit and miss for guys.

At least a handful of guys in here have regrown hair while using aspirin as a key part of their regime.

GorillaHead

Not sure how true this is in reality. No one is regrowing hair on prostaglandin type protocols. Even that Swisstemples dude dropped off the map. The other big critic would be Taeian, but his protocols are also very hit and miss for guys.

At least a handful of guys in here have regrown hair while using aspirin as a key part of their regime.

I have seen people thicken their hair prostaglandin protocols but few. But granted some of these protocols require consistency. Money and accurate solutions.

I too have read and seen photos of people who regrew hair using aspirin but it must be said that there is a possibility of bias. Photo lighting deception and even the shampoo they use may falsely provide a cosmetic effect. They may even be suffering from a different form of hairloss and not the classic mpb.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals