Aspirin: Testimonials, And Questions Answered

DaveFoster

Are you saying that chronic nosebleeds don't bother you at all?
Nope. Just part of a routine to blow all the blood out. It's like having the Red Cross in your bedroom; very convenient.

What-a-Riot

can you take aspirin and also ibuprofen separately during the same day? I think so...
When taken on the same day, ibuprofen and naproxen both interfere with aspirins irreversible cox-1 inhibition, negating it's reliable antiplatelet benefits, which are due the acetyl part of acetylsalicylic acid.

I've actually wondered whether this could be used strategically to attenuate cox-1 based negatives while still getting the effects one would desire from pure salicylic acid, but that would take studies to figure out safe and effective dosing schedules, and it would be pretty pointless. Ideally anyone would have a comparable degree of access to salicylic acid as they do to aspirin, but I'm sure that's not the case

Is that your regular dosing schedule? 6 gram doses multiple times per day?
I now take a gram or so Aspirin, three times a day, for a total of 3 gms. After exceeding this dose, I tend to get cold feet and hands and also some diarrhea that I attribute to high serotonin.

phobologe

You seem to leave the uncoupling range above 3 grams. Haidut wrote how to achieve the needed serum concentration somewhere in the forum

You seem to leave the uncoupling range above 3 grams. Haidut wrote how to achieve the needed serum concentration somewhere in the forum

I can get uncoupling with the 3 gms total dose if I'm in the Sun and my gut is clean. Beyond this dose, especially if I'm sedentary, I get a stress response.

tara

can you take aspirin and also ibuprofen separately during the same day? I think so...
AFAIK, because they work in some similar ways, it's not safe to take full daily doses of both.

Peata

Experimented with it occasionally in lower doses over the last few years, but I've been taking it regularly in higher amounts for a couple months now. Every day I take one or two aspirin, but if I'm working and/or get headachey, I take up to six during the day (or more, but usually not needed). I was using ibuprofen for the headaches, thinking it would be easier on my stomach, but my stomach is usually OK with aspirin after all.

So, what it does for me:
-Relieves headaches that are coming on or well in progress. (I take 2 or 3 aspirin depending how bad it is).
-In the morning before work, I take 2 aspirin with my other supplements because I think it gives me a clearer head.
-I also think aspirin is why I don't get so swollen and sore and absolutely wiped out after work anymore.
-My periods are better. Much less breast pain and cramps, more efficient flow and shorter time of flow.
-Helps keep my temps up.
-I just feel better overall on it. I suppose because it's lowering inflammation in my whole body.

I was using 5 mg. K2, but have lowered it to 2.5 lately and it seems fine. Haven't had any nosebleeds. No excessive bleeding from cuts. In fact, I think I should be bleeding a little more than I do when I get hurt, so that's one reason I lowered the K2. I do have a few bruises, but I know how I got them -they aren't appearing just "because". I hurt myself working sometimes -getting banged up against metal, and I used to bruise from it even before I started taking a lot of aspirin.

I do have tinnitus, but I've had it since I was a kid. I don't think it's become worse or at least not much worse on aspirin. I use glycine powder sometimes to help replenish glycine in case aspirin is depleting it.

Pet Peeve

Argh! I go to the toilet and when I wipe it's pure red blood, nothing else. Fistures? Hemoroids? I have been taking 1 - 2 grams per day with K2 Mk4 1,5 mg per 500 mg of aspirin.

tara

it's pure red blood, nothing else.
If that were me i'd stop the aspirin for a bit and see if it resolves. If it didn't, I'd be going to dr to rule out more serious trouble.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals