Aspirin - Safety Guide

Diokine

Regarding ginger and aspirin;

The only time I have any serious reactions to aspirin was when I took 650mg after eating some candied ginger. I had the most intense stomach pain of my life, which lasted about 20 minutes. It felt like I had taken a shot of straight fire, within 30 seconds of downing the buffered aspirin mix. I use both ginger and aspirin regularly, but this was the first and only time I took aspirin in such a short time after eating ginger candy.

L

lollipop

Interesting, I used a lot of probiotics years ago but aside from S.Boullardii they all had very short term effect. Galacto-oligosaccharide will increase bifido and lactobacillus, that's in milk, incl breast milk. There's a few papers on milk formula with GOS decreasing allergies in babies, some allergies might be caused by endotoxin.
Interesting @Sucrates. In effect, short term (2 doses only) was needed by me - enzymes contributed to this as well. I think that would be the only way I would ever use it. Emergency case only. Good info about enhancing the bifidum already in milk. My gut had gone off from a three day weekend of eating out every meal.

Normally I cook and maybe only every three weeks or four weeks eat out. I prefer to control my food better.

When my stomach went off, I tried all the "Peat Approved" Substances, raw carrots, AC, casagra etc did not help at all, after 2 months of daily diarrhea, blood, etc. I said DONE. Going back to my old knowledge (natural foods, herbal, supplements) base and blending to be more Peat friendly. Frankly, worked amazingly fast. By next day no blood, two days later, no diarrhea, one week later no more reflux burn (had moved from gut to stomach). Now, three months later no symptoms at all. Completely healthy GI system.

chimdp

I have found 2 x 325mg tabs of the just aspirin and starch variety with 8 oz whole milk occasionally just at bedtime if:

a) can't seem to fall asleep (stress hormones) happens maybe once a week or every few weeks or

b) if having the beginning of a hormonal headache (too much estrogen) Rare - maybe every few months.

Occasionally take Health Natura k2 and honestly from this prudent use of aspirin have never experienced any problems.

Not sure I would use it as a gut repair strategy for me. I agree with @DaveFoster lysine seems better and helpful.

What I used to get myself on track:

Digestive Enzymes - Digest Gold -

Digest Gold™

It is cheeper on Amazon:

Enzymedica - Digest Gold with ATPro, Optimal Digestive Support, 240 Capsules (FFP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HLXPTFA/?tag=rapefo-20

*take 1 or 2 with each meal
*AND take 10 daily on empty stomach (20 in the beginning for a week or so - 10 on empty stomach morning and evening - 1 hr BEFORE food or 2 hours AFTER food, otherwise they just digest food).

This site talks about it:

Enzymes, Respiration, and Congested Breathing

*Probiotic: the one that works the BEST is a bifidum product especially for lower bowel problems, super clean though expensive.

Here is the link for the bifidum product. Scroll down until you see 5 strain bifidum.

Five Strain Bifidobacteria

*Aloe Vera
AloeMannan-FX https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BO7QE4O/?tag=rapefo-20

*Ginger Tea - fresh if can get it. A little honey also helps.

*Lysine - Pure Encapsulation brand

A few more resources for enzymes:

Food Intolerance: A Result of Enzyme Insufficiency or Deficiency

SUPPLEMENTAL DIGESTIVE ENZYMES: GENERALITIES

@lisaferraro Intriguing post, thank you! I have some food sensitivity/gut issues and wanted to make sure I had correct the part of your post regarding taking the enzymes on an empty stomach. You take 10 Digest Gold capsules in the AM and 10 in the PM on an empty stomach for a week? Do you do any maintenance after the week of 20? 5 in the AM and 5 in the PM on an empty stomach? I've been taking Digest Gold, but just 1 or 2 with each meal.

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro Intriguing post, thank you! I have some food sensitivity/gut issues and wanted to make sure I had correct the part of your post regarding taking the enzymes on an empty stomach. You take 10 Digest Gold capsules in the AM and 10 in the PM on an empty stomach for a week? Do you do any maintenance after the week of 20? 5 in the AM and 5 in the PM on an empty stomach? I've been taking Digest Gold, but just 1 or 2 with each meal.
Hi @chimdp!

I switched away from Digest Gold to Digest Basic for a few reasons:

*Digest Gold is tooo high potency especially for lipase.
*Digest Gold is SUPER expensive. Digest Basic is very reasonable - 180 capsules for around $24.00 on Amazon.

That high dose in the beginning is really to jumpstart the healing process. After that brief jumpstart time, than I would experiment and use as needed. If the higher amounts are working and you need a week or two longer, do it. Truly this needs experimentation. My gut was in bad shape and I used higher doses (not the 20 per day - maybe 2 or 3 with each meal, and 3 or more at night).

Now higher doses are not needed except for occasional, one off need. I take one or two with my heaviest meal and I take one at night before sleeping with one Serrapeptase on an empty stomach with water.

Hope this helps!

Baltazar

What's your diet @DaveFoster

I found out high calcium vitamin D

Low magnesium and low potassium

Are really bad

Do you take magnesium
Or vitamin D ?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

What's your diet @DaveFoster

I found out high calcium vitamin D

Low magnesium and low potassium

Are really bad

Do you take magnesium
Or vitamin D ?
Daily averaged out, a gallon of milk (1 or 2%), a cup of orange juice, an egg, some stew with kale or spinach, beef, mushrooms, gelatin, onion and garlic powder, salt and so on. Frequent soda pop and sometimes ice cream with caramel syrup and salt.

Baltazar

So your Mg and manganese and zinc are really low

Did you try supplementing ionic mg or bath or something

What about eggs ?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Coffee for magnesium, and I also make magnesium water. Google "toxinless magnesium recipe."

I eat an egg every day or every other day averaged out. I usually eat them all at once every two weeks. I'll hard boil a dozen or two and snack on them for a few days. Egg salad's delicious.

Baltazar

Dave but clinically talking

Coffee depletes the mgs of mgnesium in it and way more stored in your body

Did you try taking mg with every strong cup of coffee

It's amazing i swear

I take it like 6 times a day like that

And I work 16 hours a day

Just try

I will try the toxinless recipe as well
Thanks for sharing it with me

Baltazar

Eggs are amazing

I do the same

Specially when I was healing my gut and reformating my muscles

I did 30 days of 36 eggs as breakfast
With ginger and olive oil

Amazoniac

postman

Would magnesium/calcium bicarbonate be as helpful as sodium bicarbonate?

K2 didn't help me with stomach pain, glycine maybe did.

1. I would dissolve the aspirin in juice or water

2. Ginger is very helpful in my experience. I made some posts on ginger aspirin combo in this thread:

Curcumin (curry) Is Serotonergic

Dosage I use is 1:1 ratio aspirin:ginger if powdered ginger.

1:2 ratio if fresh ginger. You can probably just eyeball it.

I think I also saw a study showing ginger lowers muscle pain better than aspirin- both are anti-inflammatory. You could maybe even just take ginger by itself.
Interesting. Are you still doing the aspirin ginger thing?

mimmo123

Molecular hydrogen protects against aspirin-induced gastric damage
I assume inhaling co2 would help as well

Molecular hydrogen: a preventive and therapeutic medical gas for various diseases

H2 administration also has been shown to effectively treat stress-associated gastric mucosa damage [145] and aspirin-induced gastric lesions [146]. Xue, et al. found that drinking hydrogen-rich electrolyzed water suppressed the dose-response effect of aspirin-induced gastric injury in a rat model

tallglass13

I thought I'd chime in because this is very coincidental This Thread has caught my eye so, since I've been sitting at home for 4 days with a horrible sore throat and fearful that I have damaged myself. About 4 days ago, I took powdered aspirin 99% pure. And I remember the crystals getting stuck down my esophagus as I was chasing it with some water. Next day and then up until today I've had a severe sore throat, with the feeling of a lump 4 pill stuck in my throat. Antibiotics have not helped, so I was diagnosed with a chemical caustic esophagitis. So be careful with Aspirin,

mimmo123

I thought I'd chime in because this is very coincidental This Thread has caught my eye so, since I've been sitting at home for 4 days with a horrible sore throat and fearful that I have damaged myself. About 4 days ago, I took powdered aspirin 99% pure. And I remember the crystals getting stuck down my esophagus as I was chasing it with some water. Next day and then up until today I've had a severe sore throat, with the feeling of a lump 4 pill stuck in my throat. Antibiotics have not helped, so I was diagnosed with a chemical caustic esophagitis. So be careful with Aspirin,

Sorry to hear that man. I would boil water first then add the aspirin into the boiled water. The aspirin will totally dissolve instantly.
then you can add baking soda and stir, that will dissolve in it as well and you will have a neutral ph water. Then when you drink milk or orange juice add that aspirin water to the drink.

In your drink you can add gelatin and glycine you can also add a little molecular hydrogen water to the drink as well. I done up to 6 grams and never had a problem doing it this way hope that helps.

Also important to monitor your urine ph during the day as you can become to acidic really easily and people will report problems thinking aspirin sucks not knowing they are becoming really acidic. So when you see that take more bicarb and add some regular salt with it to taste as well and of course takinge plenty of K2

mimmo123

Sorry to hear that man. I would boil water first then add the aspirin into the boiled water. The aspirin will totally dissolve instantly.
then you can add baking soda and stir, that will dissolve in it as well and you will have a neutral ph water. Then when you drink milk or orange juice add that aspirin water to the drink.

In your drink you can add gelatin and glycine you can also add a little molecular hydrogen water to the drink as well. I done up to 6 grams and never had a problem doing it this way hope that helps.

Also important to monitor your urine ph during the day as you can become to acidic really easily and people will report problems thinking aspirin sucks not knowing they are becoming really acidic. So when you see that take more bicarb and add some regular salt with it to taste as well and of course take plenty of K2

tallglass13

Also important to monitor your urine ph during the day as you can become to acidic really easily and people will report problems thinking aspirin sucks not knowing they are becoming really acidic. So when you see that take more bicarb and add some regular salt with it to taste as well and of course take plenty of K2
Hey great advice I appreciate that thank you, and I still think aspirin is an awesome supplement, I just did it wrong...
I like that boiling it and letting it dissolve and I'm putting baking soda sounds perfect.
I just went and bought some organic aloe juice and sit on that to let it get on my throat and using some honey as well. I really screwed my throat up I'm hoarse voice, and difficult to eat. It's a little better from yesterday oh, so that's good but I'm very afraid of scar tissue and narrowing of the esophagus.