Aspirin reduces testosterone and sperm count

GelatinGoblin

It doesn't really surprise me, everything that works against hair loss / baldness mess up with testosterone and androgens, always. This is always like a trade between your hair or your balls
Lowering stress isn't going to mess with your balls

Matt C

To be honest, with all the positive studies that get posted on here I thought i'd be seeing a lot more people who have benefitted from regular aspirin dosing, but that doesn't appear to be the case. There's definitely some but not as many as I'd expect.

OP
S

StayPositive

To be honest, with all the positive studies that get posted on here I thought i'd be seeing a lot more people who have benefitted from regular aspirin dosing, but that doesn't appear to be the case. There's definitely some but not as many as I'd expect.
Because it's not a miracle drug like a lot of people on here think
Lowering stress isn't going to mess with your balls
Studies show Aspirin has negative effects on testosterone and sperm production.

GelatinGoblin

Because it's not a miracle drug like a lot of people on here think

Studies show Aspirin has negative effects on testosterone and sperm production.
You said that everything effective for hair loss wrecks you balls. Lowering physiological or other stress is pro-Andeogenic and lowers hair loss.

Hairfedup

Seems a lot of posts on here are contradictory for the sake of it, now days. Aspirin is dope.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Hi,

just want to add my (anectdotal) experience.
I am taking Asprin daily since 13 years now (minus some rare days where I simply forget) in dosages between 100mg and 500mg. I have never done blood works for testosterone because I never had any symptoms which would lead me in this direction. If I Google for "low testosterone symptoms" for example I get the below result:

Specific Signs/Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency (TD)
  • Reduced sex drive.
  • Reduced erectile function.
  • Loss of body hair.
  • Less beard growth.
  • Loss of lean muscle mass.
  • Feeling very tired all the time (fatigue)
  • Obesity (being overweight)
  • Symptoms of depression.
I am not even suffering from one those symptoms. Espcially the first 4 points are more of the complete opposite :D.

But that's just me though. Everyone is different.

Peaterpeater

Hi,

just want to add my (anectdotal) experience.
I am taking Asprin daily since 13 years now (minus some rare days where I simply forget) in dosages between 100mg and 500mg. I have never done blood works for testosterone because I never had any symptoms which would lead me in this direction. If I Google for "low testosterone symptoms" for example I get the below result:

Specific Signs/Symptoms of Testosterone Deficiency (TD)
  • Reduced sex drive.
  • Reduced erectile function.
  • Loss of body hair.
  • Less beard growth.
  • Loss of lean muscle mass.
  • Feeling very tired all the time (fatigue)
  • Obesity (being overweight)
  • Symptoms of depression.
I am not even suffering from one those symptoms. Espcially the first 4 points are more of the complete opposite :D.

But that's just me though. Everyone is different.
You seem to be in perfect health, very lucky for you. Why are you on a forum for sick people? I’m honestly curious because I never would care about this forum if I was well.

Orome

Forum Supporter
You seem to be in perfect health, very lucky for you. Why are you on a forum for sick people? I’m honestly curious because I never would care about this forum if I was well.

Hi Peaterpeater,

unfortunately my health is not perfect at all and currently I am working on a few issues which I try to improve (mostly gut related). It's just that I don't have any of the above symptoms or others that I would associate with low testosterone or sperm count.

But even if I would resolve my issues I would still care about this forum because it is full of wisdom and intelligent people. Both are hard to find nowadays ;). Plus you must invest to keep and preserve your good health. In the world we are living in that's as difficult as it can get.

Peaterpeater

Hi Peaterpeater,

unfortunately my health is not perfect at all and currently I am working on a few issues which I try to improve (mostly gut related). It's just that I don't have any of the above symptoms or others that I would associate with low testosterone or sperm count.

But even if I would resolve my issues I would still care about this forum because it is full of wisdom and intelligent people. Both are hard to find nowadays ;). Plus you must invest to keep and preserve your good health. In the world we are living in that's as difficult as it can get.
This is true

Charger

Wondering haidut's opinions on all of this....

Except that in humans, even higher doses of aspirin actually lowered cortisol and increased testosterone.
@ecstatichamster @Charger

koreus

Interesting meta study here:

"According to the PubMed data base, there are at least fifty published articles that link between aspirin and semen quality. However, such link has yet to be comprehensively discussed and summarised. This work reviews and summarises the effect of aspirin on semen quality and sperm fertility characteristics, and hence on semen fertilising ability. To achieve this contribution, an electronic search of PubMed and Scopus databases was conducted for original manuscripts, presented from January 1974 through September 2019, via the keywords “aspirin” and “acetylsalicylic acid” versus “sperm” and “semen.” In summary, there is a scientific research consensus that reveals negative effects of aspirin on semen quality. Still, clinical studies that directly examine the effect of aspirin on the main semen quality parameters are needed to support this conclusion. Mechanistically, the negative documented effect of aspirin on semen quality parameters may be attributable to decreased synthesis of testosterone, reduced function of nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, decreased formation of testicular prostaglandins, reduced production of seminal nitric oxide and increased oxidative injury to sperm."

Frustratingly there don't seem to be any straight clinical studies. Each study has a caveat, either it's an epidemiological study or it's poorly controlled, animal model, general NSAID rather than Asprin specifically etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 20.33.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 20.33.39.png
    92 KB · Views: 8
OP
S

StayPositive

Interesting meta study here:

"According to the PubMed data base, there are at least fifty published articles that link between aspirin and semen quality. However, such link has yet to be comprehensively discussed and summarised. This work reviews and summarises the effect of aspirin on semen quality and sperm fertility characteristics, and hence on semen fertilising ability. To achieve this contribution, an electronic search of PubMed and Scopus databases was conducted for original manuscripts, presented from January 1974 through September 2019, via the keywords “aspirin” and “acetylsalicylic acid” versus “sperm” and “semen.” In summary, there is a scientific research consensus that reveals negative effects of aspirin on semen quality. Still, clinical studies that directly examine the effect of aspirin on the main semen quality parameters are needed to support this conclusion. Mechanistically, the negative documented effect of aspirin on semen quality parameters may be attributable to decreased synthesis of testosterone, reduced function of nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells, decreased formation of testicular prostaglandins, reduced production of seminal nitric oxide and increased oxidative injury to sperm."

Frustratingly there don't seem to be any straight clinical studies. Each study has a caveat, either it's an epidemiological study or it's poorly controlled, animal model, general NSAID rather than Asprin specifically etc.
There is no doubt in my mind aspirin as a negative effect on humans testicules and testosterone production.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom