Aspirin Raises Temps Instantaneously

faisman

These past two months, my thyroid health seems to have deteriorated as my temps and hr are much lower. My diet hasnt changed other than experimenting with going low starch but otherwise I believe its due to recent stress as coffee is also giving me anxeity.

Anyways, in the past few days I have noticed that after taking aspirin, my temps go up really quick. I measured it the last time just to be sure and I was at 36.5c before aspirin and within 10 mins of taking it I was at 36.8c I waited another 15 mins while I sipped on some sugared milk and I was at 37.1! Can anyone help explain what is happening here?

Pointless

Aspirin is extremely helpful on many levels. Sometimes inflammation can keep metabolism down. Try antibiotics if the aspirin doesn't get you to where you need it to.

Elysium

37.1 is not a healthy temperature. This is one of those things where more is not always better.

I don't get the 'sugared' milk frankly. I know it's a trending fad perpetuated by Roddy, but naturally occurring sugar already is the most prevalent macronutrient in milk. So why adulterate it with some processed chemical garbage? There is no valid reason for this.

OP
F

faisman

37.1 is not a healthy temperature. This is one of those things where more is not always better.

I don't get the 'sugared' milk frankly. I know it's a trending fad perpetuated by Roddy, but naturally occurring sugar already is the most prevalent macronutrient in milk. So why adulterate it with some processed chemical garbage? There is no valid reason for this.

Yeah I dont really prefer it, but I only drink it when I am out of all good sources of natural sugar (fruit), otherwise its not really a staple in my diet.

However, although 37.1 is quite high, the aspirin does help me 'break through' low temps and I was just trying to understand what it is doing.

cyclops

Valid Reason: Non-sugared milk tastes like it would benefit from sugar.

More calories for the same amount of liquid and tastes better among other things. "Processed chemical garbage" lacks context.

tankasnowgod

Um, what are you talking about? 37.1 is only .1 higher than 37, which is considered the normal body temperature. This report concluded that temperatures below 37.7 C (or about 100 F) is of no cause for concern.

If you called a doctor and told him you were running a fever of one tenth of a degree over normal, I'm sure he would laugh at you, and rightly so.

Of course there are problems with fevers, but those aren't even too concerning until they get up to the 104F/40C range.

37.1 degrees is absolutely fine, maybe preferable to 37, and that isn't the slightest bit controversial. As long as we're talking Celsius. At 37 degrees Fahrenheit, you would be long dead.

Elysium

More calories for the same amount of liquid and tastes better among other things. "Processed chemical garbage" lacks context.

Also more calories for the same amount of nutrients. There's your context right there. There is a fine balance in natural word, where calories are always accompanied by nutrients. Anything other is abnormal. You're advocating an abnormality.

Also, there's no evidence that chemically produced refined sugar is actually on par in terms of safety and metabolism with sugars in natural forms. If there was, Peat would not recommend honey instead of it, because it sure isn't fot the nutrients in honey, as it is often believed - since there are miniscule trace amounts at best. It is the sugar form that counts.

Elysium

Um, what are you talking about? 37.1 is only .1 higher than 37, which is considered the normal body temperature. This report concluded that temperatures below 37.7 C (or about 100 F) is of no cause for concern.

Most people will feel unwell once their body temperature reaches or exceeds 37. That is indisputable. Not sure why you have to drag an emergency room into it, nobody's suggesting it needs to be treated, but objectively 37 or higher will feel not alright.

Also more calories for the same amount of nutrients. There's your context right there. There is a fine balance in natural word, where calories are always accompanied by nutrients. Anything other is abnormal. You're advocating an abnormality.

Calories not accompanied by nutrients can still be useful.

Also, there's no evidence that chemically produced refined sugar is actually on par in terms of safety and metabolism with sugars in natural forms. If there was, Peat would not recommend honey instead of it, because it sure isn't fot the nutrients in honey, as it is often believed - since there are miniscule trace amounts at best. It is the sugar form that counts.

I dunno what evidence you require, but given everything we do know, refined sugar seems safe enough to me. I could of course be wrong, but in my case the benefits outweigh the risks (I consume a LOT of it lol)

tankasnowgod

Most people will feel unwell once their body temperature reaches or exceeds 37. That is indisputable. Not sure why you have to drag an emergency room into it, nobody's suggesting it needs to be treated, but objectively 37 or higher will feel not alright.

What are you basing this on? I posted a study that disputes exactly that. My personal experience also disputes that idea, as I've felt fine, great actually, when my temperature is anywhere between 98.6 and 99.5 (I usually measure in Fahrenheit).

tankasnowgod

Also of note, not all doctors work in emergency rooms. I didn't bring up the ER, you did.