Aspirin Protects The Brain Against Stress

DaveFoster

Aspirin inhibits stress-induced increase in plasma glutamate, brain oxidative damage and ATP fall in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

The precise mechanisms by which stress induces brain damage are still being elucidated. The high-output, inducible isoform of nitric oxide (NO) synthase (iNOS) is expressed in rat brain after immobilisation stress and its inhibition protects against cell damage in this condition. We have hereby explored some mechanisms involved in iNOS expression and studied the effects of aspirin, a NSAID with neuroprotective actions, in this model. Acute (6 h) stress exposure in rats caused brain expression of iNOS, an increase in plasma glutamate and brain TNF-alpha, induction of oxidative indicators in brain and a fall in brain ATP levels. Prior administration of aspirin (10 mg/kg i.p.) inhibited all these effects caused by stress, suggesting possible therapeutic implications of this drug in this condition.

A dosage of about 100 mg aspirin will protect the brain against stress and prevent the fall in ATP levels.

Because aspirin protects against glutamate excitotoxicty, it would be interesting to see if administration of aspirin could protect against methamphetamine.

haidut

Aspirin inhibits stress-induced increase in plasma glutamate, brain oxidative damage and ATP fall in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

The precise mechanisms by which stress induces brain damage are still being elucidated. The high-output, inducible isoform of nitric oxide (NO) synthase (iNOS) is expressed in rat brain after immobilisation stress and its inhibition protects against cell damage in this condition. We have hereby explored some mechanisms involved in iNOS expression and studied the effects of aspirin, a NSAID with neuroprotective actions, in this model. Acute (6 h) stress exposure in rats caused brain expression of iNOS, an increase in plasma glutamate and brain TNF-alpha, induction of oxidative indicators in brain and a fall in brain ATP levels. Prior administration of aspirin (10 mg/kg i.p.) inhibited all these effects caused by stress, suggesting possible therapeutic implications of this drug in this condition.

A dosage of about 100 mg aspirin will protect the brain against stress and prevent the fall in ATP levels.

Because aspirin protects against glutamate excitotoxicty, it would be interesting to see if administration of aspirin could protect against methamphetamine.

Biotin and vitamin K also protect from glutamate excitotoxicity, and pregnenolone does too. I always felt pretty good when combining pregnenolone with aspirin or vitamin K with aspirin. Biotin made me calm at low doses and agitated at high.

DaveFoster

Biotin and vitamin K also protect from glutamate excitotoxicity, and pregnenolone does too. I always felt pretty good when combining pregnenolone with aspirin or vitamin K with aspirin. Biotin made me calm at low doses and agitated at high.
I started reading and thought you were going to say, "I always felt pretty good when combining pregnenolone with meth."

Good info, haidut. That's interesting about the biotin. If I'm correct, biotin plays an important role as a co-factor for dopamine, but then again most things do. It sounds like the U-shaped GABA curve you linked to, but I can't find anything about biotin and GABA except for on some bacteria.

haidut

I started reading and thought you were going to say, "I always felt pretty good when combining pregnenolone with meth."

Good info, haidut. That's interesting about the biotin. If I'm correct, biotin plays an important role as a co-factor for dopamine, but then again most things do. It sounds like the U-shaped GABA curve you linked to, but I can't find anything about biotin and GABA except for on some bacteria.

Look at this thread:
Biotin Reduces Ammonia Levels In Brain And Blood

DaveFoster