haidut

Forum Supporter
The news on treating cancer as metabolic disease just keep on coming. This new study discusses a "novel" drug based on aspirin as a potential treatment for brain cancer. Its only other (inactive) ingredients are triacetin and saccharin. The rationale for creating this bizarre "new" drug are apparently the widely publicized (but untrue) gastrointestinal side effects of aspirin. And the other reason, which the article is too shy to mention, is the patentability of the "new" drug (IP1867B), which would allow for its price to be thousands of times higher than plain aspirin. Let me repeat that again - aspirin is proposed as a potential treatment of one of the most lethal cancers striking humans. However, instead of publicizing the benefits of aspirin, a "new" formulation is proposed that adds nothing on top of aspirin in terms of effectiveness. Its only claims to fame are its proposed (but unproven) lower incidence of GI side effects (which are fraudulently exaggerated for plain aspirin) and its massively higher price. Oh well, at least we do get to finally hear officially/publicly the magic words that aspirin "could be effective against glioblastoma multiforme".

Shrinking brain tumours with liquid aspirin

"...The research team showed that IP1867B - which is a novel formulation, combining reformulated aspirin with triacetin and saccharin, into a soluble form - worked with existing cancer treatments boosting their effectiveness and, in some cases, restored sensitivity to some treatments. Combination studies with traditional chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapies are now underway."

"...In a new study, published in the journal Cancer Letters, IP1867B was shown to reduce the size of adult high-grade glioma brain tumours in a mouse model, while reducing the gastrointestinal tract problems experienced with conventional aspirin tablets. This research suggests that IP1867B [aspirin] could be effective against glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) brain tumours."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
there has been a new "finding" of "consensus" and they are telling people not to take aspirin anymore.

New guidelines for daily aspirin therapy

Now, the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association have issued new guidelines recommending against low-dose aspirin therapy for adults older than 70 or anyone who is at higher risk of bleeding. The new guidelines follow the results last year of a large clinical trial by the National Institutes of Health, which found that daily aspirin did not prolong healthy, independent living among older adults without prior cardiovascular events.

kitback

But that’s good news for us, right? Now we don’t have to worry about them making aspirin a prescription drug!

Mauritio

there has been a new "finding" of "consensus" and they are telling people not to take aspirin anymore.

New guidelines for daily aspirin therapy

Now, the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association have issued new guidelines recommending against low-dose aspirin therapy for adults older than 70 or anyone who is at higher risk of bleeding. The new guidelines follow the results last year of a large clinical trial by the National Institutes of Health, which found that daily aspirin did not prolong healthy, independent living among older adults without prior cardiovascular events.
The question is how the heck did aspirin not prolong healthy ,independent life ? Did they twist the results somehow?

lampofred

The question is how the heck did aspirin not prolong healthy ,independent life ? Did they twist the results somehow?

The mean age was 61.3 years and the average follow-up period was 6.6 years. The average life expectancy in Western Europe is 81 years. It doesn't make sense to compare deaths from ages 61 to 68 and say aspirin doesn't have any noticeable effect when that's basically 15 years earlier than the average age of death. Plus things like heart disease and diabetes are long-term illnesses, whereas bleeding is something that can develop in days.

Last edited:

Mauritio

The mean age was 61.3 years and the average follow-up period was 6.6 years. The average life expectancy in Western Europe is 81 years. It doesn't make sense to compare deaths from ages 61 to 68 and say aspirin doesn't have any noticeable effect when that's basically 15 years earlier than the average age of death. Plus things like heart disease and diabetes are long-term illnesses, whereas bleeding is something that can develop in days.
Okay thanks. Still I would have thought it prevented some early deaths from say cancer or some degenerative disease. Probably should take a look at the study myself!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But that’s good news for us, right? Now we don’t have to worry about them making aspirin a prescription drug!

They actually may use the clinical trial results (if successful) for this custom aspirin formulation and ask FDA for aspirin to be pulled, or at the very least ask for removal of the higher doses (326mg-500mg tablets) as OTC product and leave only the "baby aspirin" to be sold OTC. If FDA can pull a naturally occurring vitamin isomer (pyridoxamine) from the shelves it can certainly do so with aspirin if the company pushing for this is powerful enough.

Mito

If FDA can pull a naturally occurring vitamin isomer (pyridoxamine) from the shelves it can certainly do so with aspirin if the company pushing for this is powerful enough.
The average person has never heard of pyridoxamine. If they tried to do the same to aspirin, I would think there would be significant public backlash.

Marcine

I'm fixating on the saccharine part. I expect just like they had all of that fluoride sitting around after creating the atomic bomb, they have it sitting around after new fake sugar took over. Need to turn it into dollars?

schultz

The average person has never heard of pyridoxamine. If they tried to do the same to aspirin, I would think there would be significant public backlash.

I could see them saying that it is too dangerous to have the higher doses or something. A surprising amount of people think aspirin is really dangerous. Reyes syndrome, bleeding, etc. If you tell a doctor you're taking it they act as if you're killing yourself.

Mito

I could see them saying that it is too dangerous to have the higher doses or something. A surprising amount of people think aspirin is really dangerous. Reyes syndrome, bleeding, etc. If you tell a doctor you're taking it they act as if you're killing yourself.
Good point, if most people are scared of aspirin, a ban would be easier. I guess if we start seeing significantly increased propaganda on the danger of regular aspirin, it might point to a pending FDA ban.

akgrrrl

I was thinking that aspirin had a fairly short shelf life, so how might we stock up on USP powdered aspirin to avoid a ban ?

@haidut You have already posted about this drug in 2016. And it's not a aspirin with inactive ingredients. It's a powerful combination of prometabolic compounds.
Soluble Aspirin "highly Effective" Against Brain Cancer

This drug is a confirmation for ideas of Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov and others. I explained a lot in that post the mechanism of this drug. I believe this should be wide spread as it easy to make in someone's kitchen with zero chemistry knowdge.

Modus operandi is not to make liquid aspirin adding triacetin for solubility and saccharin for taste.

Triacetine is potent lipolysis inhibitor

Saccharin is selective potent carbonic anhydrase type 9 inhibitor.

Check the link I posted. There is an explanation with links for studies. I digged deep to their patent.

Last edited:

Ptolemy

The news on treating cancer as metabolic disease just keep on coming. This new study discusses a "novel" drug based on aspirin as a potential treatment for brain cancer. Its only other (inactive) ingredients are triacetin and saccharin. The rationale for creating this bizarre "new" drug are apparently the widely publicized (but untrue) gastrointestinal side effects of aspirin. And the other reason, which the article is too shy to mention, is the patentability of the "new" drug (IP1867B), which would allow for its price to be thousands of times higher than plain aspirin. Let me repeat that again - aspirin is proposed as a potential treatment of one of the most lethal cancers striking humans. However, instead of publicizing the benefits of aspirin, a "new" formulation is proposed that adds nothing on top of aspirin in terms of effectiveness. Its only claims to fame are its proposed (but unproven) lower incidence of GI side effects (which are fraudulently exaggerated for plain aspirin) and its massively higher price. Oh well, at least we do get to finally hear officially/publicly the magic words that aspirin "could be effective against glioblastoma multiforme".

Shrinking brain tumours with liquid aspirin

"...The research team showed that IP1867B - which is a novel formulation, combining reformulated aspirin with triacetin and saccharin, into a soluble form - worked with existing cancer treatments boosting their effectiveness and, in some cases, restored sensitivity to some treatments. Combination studies with traditional chemotherapy, targeted therapies and immunotherapies are now underway."

"...In a new study, published in the journal Cancer Letters, IP1867B was shown to reduce the size of adult high-grade glioma brain tumours in a mouse model, while reducing the gastrointestinal tract problems experienced with conventional aspirin tablets. This research suggests that IP1867B [aspirin] could be effective against glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) brain tumours."

The researchers claim that normal aspirin doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. Is there any actual evidence for this or is it just pharma propaganda?

"There is evidence that aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid) can be toxic to brain tumour cells. However, its existing preparations cannot readily enter the brain because the drug is a suspension rather than being completely soluble."
Soluble Aspirin May Be Able To Cross Blood-Brain Barrier To Attack Glioblastomas

"The development of stable soluble liquid aspirin has been the goal of many companies and researchers. Despite many attempts, up until now there have not been any successful efforts. Every try has resulted in a formulation that still contains tiny grains of the active ingredient salicylic acid, and it’s these particles that cause gastric distress and keep the liquid from being able to pass through the blood brain barrier. The ability of IP1867B to slip through the miniscule openings in the blood brain barrier is what makes this discovery significant for patients with brain tumors."
Liquid Aspirin Could Be The Silver Bullet For Brain Tumors | Neuroscience

I did a quick search, and found this study on the effect of caffeine on the passage of aspirin through the blood-brain barrier. After injecting rats with aspirin, they found that the level of aspirin in the central nervous system was 30 times lower than the bloodstream. Is this study legit?

"The aspirin concentrations were significantly lower(30 times) in the CNS than in blood what is probably a consequence of aspirin dissociation at the physiological pH value. The central kinetics of aspirin indicated that there were two CNS compartments, one consisted of the brainstem and cerebellum, and the other consisting of the cerebral hemispheres. Caffeine did not affect control group significantly the aspirin concentrations either in blood or the brain compartments, compared to the control groups of animals. Conclusion. Thus, it can he concluded that caffeine has not a significant effect upon aspirin passage through BBB into the CNS, so that the analgesic effect of aspirin cannot he enhanced by facilitating passage its passage to the CNS. "
The influence of caffeine on aspirin passage into the central nervous system in rats.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The researchers claim that normal aspirin doesn't cross the blood brain barrier. Is there any actual evidence for this or is it just pharma propaganda?

"There is evidence that aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid) can be toxic to brain tumour cells. However, its existing preparations cannot readily enter the brain because the drug is a suspension rather than being completely soluble."
Soluble Aspirin May Be Able To Cross Blood-Brain Barrier To Attack Glioblastomas

"The development of stable soluble liquid aspirin has been the goal of many companies and researchers. Despite many attempts, up until now there have not been any successful efforts. Every try has resulted in a formulation that still contains tiny grains of the active ingredient salicylic acid, and it’s these particles that cause gastric distress and keep the liquid from being able to pass through the blood brain barrier. The ability of IP1867B to slip through the miniscule openings in the blood brain barrier is what makes this discovery significant for patients with brain tumors."
Liquid Aspirin Could Be The Silver Bullet For Brain Tumors | Neuroscience

I did a quick search, and found this study on the effect of caffeine on the passage of aspirin through the blood-brain barrier. After injecting rats with aspirin, they found that the level of aspirin in the central nervous system was 30 times lower than the bloodstream. Is this study legit?

"The aspirin concentrations were significantly lower(30 times) in the CNS than in blood what is probably a consequence of aspirin dissociation at the physiological pH value. The central kinetics of aspirin indicated that there were two CNS compartments, one consisted of the brainstem and cerebellum, and the other consisting of the cerebral hemispheres. Caffeine did not affect control group significantly the aspirin concentrations either in blood or the brain compartments, compared to the control groups of animals. Conclusion. Thus, it can he concluded that caffeine has not a significant effect upon aspirin passage through BBB into the CNS, so that the analgesic effect of aspirin cannot he enhanced by facilitating passage its passage to the CNS. "
The influence of caffeine on aspirin passage into the central nervous system in rats.

Partially true, but this argument is pointless because aspirin exists as aspirin only for about 10min after being ingested. Then it breaks down into acetate and salicylic acid (SA) and the latter does cross the BBB. So, aspirin is really just a pro-drug for SA.
Btw, that same argument against aspirin was used by the scientists who published the study on SA curing Alzheimer Disease (AD) in rodents. When I emailed them and asked why do you claim aspirin is ineffective but SA (salsalate in that study) is considering that aspirin quickly becomes SA after ingestion. Their answer was, believe it or not, "yes! that's a great point! We will submit a correction to the journal". I was stunned. If these people with Ph.D. do not even know how aspirin metabolizes and works, imagine how much less your average doctor knows.

Eric88

I just read a study saccharine itself could ward off cancer believe it or not!

Dr. B

@haidut You have already posted about this drug in 2016. And it's not a aspirin with inactive ingredients. It's a powerful combination of prometabolic compounds.
Soluble Aspirin "highly Effective" Against Brain Cancer

This drug is a confirmation for ideas of Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov and others. I explained a lot in that post the mechanism of this drug. I believe this should be wide spread as it easy to make in someone's kitchen with zero chemistry knowdge.

Modus operandi is not to make liquid aspirin adding triacetin for solubility and saccharin for taste.

Triacetine is potent lipolysis inhibitor.

Saccharin is selective potent carbonic anhydrase type 9 inhibitor.

Check the link I posted. There is an explanation with links for studies. I digged deep to their patent.
interesting, where did you find that about triacetin and saccharin? so should we be looking for the aspirins that do contain triacetin and carnauba wax? i havent seen any with saccharin but there is one that has corn starch, cellulose, triacetin and carnauba wax.