Aspirin not really good !

Herbie

Low dose of aspirin not really good for brain and gut ! may be Ray Peat have answer !

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8dL_Y4V3kI

The brain bleed risk for for malnourished underweight people who are falling apart, using different demographics to make conclusions is poor reasoning. Just going off the abstracts, he is clueless as to why heart attacks and strokes occur in the first place. If your going to refute Ray's work at least find someone in his league.

OP
N

NOBRU

I on't refute the work on Ray Peat, but there are some study that shown some bad effect of aspirin... do you take aspirin ?

joaquin

I don't take aspirin. It stops inflammation and some inflammation is needed for healing.

akgrrrl

How about the original refined aspirin from tree bark?
Yea let us know if you find a source for that, eh? Up here remote area safety training still mentions peel and boil the bark and drink it. Which is yuck btw. For survival sitches.

J.R.K

Yea let us know if you find a source for that, eh? Up here remote area safety training still mentions peel and boil the bark and drink it. Which is yuck btw. For survival sitches.
If memory serves it is white willow bark that acetyl salicylic acid was originally derived from. @akgrrrl ?

Kvothe

Low dose of aspirin not really good for brain and gut ! may be Ray Peat have answer !

Why do we discuss junk like this video? The guy picks out one junk study that found 2 bleeding incidents in 1000 people*, and mentions the bleeding risk in the gut as if that is major risk of aspirin which has to be weighed against its benefits. The bleeding following aspirin ingestion is temporary and hasn't really been linked to any serious complications unless there is already a previous complication that would make the person prone to extreme intestinal bleeding. Saying that you shouldn't take something because it increases the risk of bleeding in your gut while it will drastically lower your risk of getting cancer in your gut is absurd.

Obviously, his conclusion is that you should rely on screening programs to protect yourself from bowel cancer. Of course, it's much safer to regularly receive an invasive procedure that is harmful in itself, and then to get even more harmful treatment, should you actually have cancer. The guy is a twat.

* Here, I cherrypicked one for you that shows no association of aspirin with brain bleeding.
Low-dose aspirin and risk of intracranial bleeds: An observational study in UK general practice - PubMed

akgrrrl

If memory serves it is white willow bark that acetyl salicylic acid was originally derived from. @akgrrrl ?
Aye. However, the state being so huge with terrain and ecosystems ranging from rainforest to tundra, there are 60 types of willow.?

OP
N

NOBRU

Aye. However, the state being so huge with terrain and ecosystems ranging from rainforest to tundra, there are 60 types of willow.?
Really good !
Why do we discuss junk like this video? The guy picks out one junk study that found 2 bleeding incidents in 1000 people*, and mentions the bleeding risk in the gut as if that is major risk of aspirin which has to be weighed against its benefits. The bleeding following aspirin ingestion is temporary and hasn't really been linked to any serious complications unless there is already a previous complication that would make the person prone to extreme intestinal bleeding. Saying that you shouldn't take something because it increases the risk of bleeding in your gut while it will drastically lower your risk of getting cancer in your gut is absurd.

Obviously, his conclusion is that you should rely on screening programs to protect yourself from bowel cancer. Of course, it's much safer to regularly receive an invasive procedure that is harmful in itself, and then to get even more harmful treatment, should you actually have cancer. The guy is a twat.

* Here, I cherrypicked one for you that shows no association of aspirin with brain bleeding.
Low-dose aspirin and risk of intracranial bleeds: An observational study in UK general practice - PubMed
Good answer !

haidut

Forum Supporter

This just in.

Did you do any searching on the forum for this topic before posting this video? A simple search on the forum for "aspirin bleeding brain" or "aspirin bleeding GI" (no quotes when you search) would return some good info on the topic that or more or less makes this video pointless.

Z

Zsazsa

The levothyroxine package insert warns that salicylates reduce TT4 and FT4 by 20-30%.

As a matter of fact, salicylates are recommended for the treatment of hyperthyroidism:

0.81.jpg

Dave Clark

Brad is big on the Kochran studies, but I noticed he had to walk back a lot of things he supported, only to find out they were no good. I have made comments on his channel for him to look at Peat's work, but he has either not done so, or doesn't like what he sees. He has talked good about fish oils, if that tells you anything.

oxphoser

The levothyroxine package insert warns that salicylates reduce TT4 and FT4 by 20-30%.

As a matter of fact, salicylates are recommended for the treatment of hyperthyroidism:

View attachment 37481

This is interesting; if true it means that if you are taking both aspirin and thyroid, you would have to take 20-30% more thyroid.

I take aspirin frequently and I take thyroid (Cynoplus). Seems to be fine. I don’t notice any issues.

Aspirin is one of the miracle drugs and one of the great achievements of western medicine along with ER medicine, antibiotics and insulin for diabetics.

OP
N

NOBRU

Jessie

Just dissolve the aspirin in water with a pinch of baking soda added. Greatly reduces the irritation on stomach and gut. If you're just using aspirin for general stress and cortisol, you shouldn't need more than 1 gram per day. Larger amounts are more useful for things like cancer.

You should know by now that vitamin K2 is also recommended while using aspirin. But also, it might be appropriate to use glycine as well, considering aspirin can deplete glycine.

Orome

Forum Supporter
I don't take aspirin. It stops inflammation and some inflammation is needed for healing.

From: Regeneration and degeneration: Types of inflammation change with aging
Fifty years ago, inflammation was seen as a necessary part of the healing process, but now it is recognized as a cause of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and aging itself. During the development of the organism, the nature of healing changes, as the nature of inflammation changes. Early in life, healing is regenerative or restorative, and there is little inflammation. In adulthood as the amount of inflammation increases, healing fails to completely restore lost structures and functions, resulting in scarring, the replacement of functional tissue with fibrous tissue. Identifiable changes in the nature of inflammation under different conditions can explain some of these losses of healing capacity. Factors that limit inflammation and fibrosis, while permitting tissue remodeling, could facilitate regeneration and retard aging.
Aspirin is such a factor.

OliviaD

The brain bleed risk for for malnourished underweight people who are falling apart, using different demographics to make conclusions is poor reasoning. Just going off the abstracts, he is clueless as to why heart attacks and strokes occur in the first place. If your going to refute Ray's work at least find someone in his league.
I admit I did not and will not watch this video, b/c from the looks of this guy and the photo.. I don't trust what he's going to say. That's my scientific evaluation :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals