Aspirin Lowering Sperm Motility?

Jsaute21

tankasnowgod

Well, the second study didn't seem to indicate anything one way or another. I would be wary of any conclusions drawn from the first study, as it appears observational in nature. Since people generally take aspirin when they are under stress, ill, or in pain, changes in the aspirin group could just as easily be from the conditions that caused students to take aspirin in the first place. Also, if students assumed that aspirin was basically any NSAID, that could confound the results even further.

As far as the last study, it would be tough to conclude anything without seeing the actual data. "Significant" changes are often well within the range of normal fluctuation.

OP
J

Jsaute21

That is all true. I wanted some other opinions. Should one be picky with the aspirin they use? I have been using this brand due to how reasonable of a price point it was and simple the ingredient panel is.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006GE5F4

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lollipop

I also use this brand. Effective. Also I do not use everyday as a supplement. I use on an acute need basis only.

OP
J

Jsaute21

I feel good on it when i take it as well. And yes @lisaferraro i am going to start using it less than i have been. I have felt so healthy/level on it i have been reluctant not to include it habitually, but should cut it down to 2-3x a week.

I put a tiny amount of water in a glass, and put the asprin tablets in it, and they quickly dissolve through capillary action in the water. You can add some baking soda and hot water, and drink 1/4 of it, if you want. I use 3 aspirin at a time usually though.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thoughts on these studies revealing that habitual aspirin users potentially lowering sperm motility and testosterone? The testosterone study was done on rats but still somewhat scary.

The effect of alcohol, tobacco, and aspirin consumption on seminal quality among healthy young men. - PubMed - NCBI
Disposition of aspirin and its metabolites in the semen of man. - PubMed - NCBI
Effect of Aspirin on Reproductive Functions in Male Albino Rats

The controlled human studies I posted actually saw lowering of cortisol and increase in testosterone. Search the forum for "aspirin cortisol testosterone".