Aspirin... hmmm.... interesting

Imonaquest

I have been against the intake of Aspirin ever since I came across Ray Peat's work. I trusted him on every single aspect of his teachings, except aspirin. I have just read too many horror stories, and negative things about it. I've been softening my stance the more I read about it, but still refuse... until today.

I ate some CRAZY food combinations yesterday, and had a lot of gastric and intestinal inflammation this morning when I woke up. I also felt anxious, had a body temp of 96.8, and just overall felt crappy. I said **** it, and popped one 325 mg Bayer pill. What happened, was truly remarkable....

Within 10 minutes of taking it, I noticed myself feeling calmer and I felt like blood was rushing to my hands, feet and face. Within a half hour, I was totally warm from head to toe, super relaxed, and nearly all of the inflammation in my gut and intestines was gone. Not only that, my mood seemed to have gotten better, and I was singing songs on the radio driving to work. I'm floored.

I don't know if I'm going to start taking aspirin on a daily basis, but I will definitely begin taking it on an "as needed" basis. What I just experienced was powerful. No food or supplement I've ever taken has had that rapid and profound of an effect on me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yep, I have said it before. Aspirin is a miracle supplement. Obviously maybe not for everyone but for me, oh yeh.

Mittir

Charlie said:
Yep, I have said it before. Aspirin is a miracle supplement. Obviously maybe not for everyone but for me, oh yeh.

I just want to add a warning . Ray Peat suggests gradual increase of aspirin dose. This way body get adjusted to it. If someone is aspirin intolerant and does not know that, he or she might end up in emergency even with baby aspirin. Without vitamin K support one can easily have stomach ulcer from high dose of aspirin. I know in other threads these warnings were discussed.

OP
I

Imonaquest

I would never take more than 1 or 2 pills per day. I find it absolutely comical that some people are taking 10-20 aspirin pills per day. Just a simple 325 mg basic Bayer pill had POWERFUL effects for me. I'm going to take it only when I need it.

gretchen

I've taken aspirin daily almost a year and think it really helps with a lot of energy-type stuff. I get ringing in my ears from more than 2 a day so that's my current dose.

jaketthomas

I'm not a fan of aspirin at all. Too many negative experiences, deaths, and possible complications from it. To have to take ANOTHER supplement (Vitamin K) because of the negative effects associated with aspirin should tell you something right there.

Anyone afraid of supplementing with aspirin (for good reason), should supplement with Proteolytic enzymes. They have similar anti-inflammatory effects as aspirin, without ANY of the negative side effects. No need to take extra supplements to stop the damaging effects of them. Proteolytic enzymes are amazingly effective at reducing pain and inflammation, also thinning the blood, and even digesting food. Only downside is they are more expensive than aspirin, but when you factor in the ridiculous cost of Vitamin K2, it's almost a wash.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:roll:

Stunning4keke

just asked RP if taking 2 tabs of excedrin was bad fir liver since i have been taking that amount since i had this brain injury and many bad headaches. and he says this:

"Yes, although the aspirin and caffeine help to detoxify acetaminophen"

i just thought i would pass this on in case anyone is interested but probably not as no one on here would be stupid enough to be taking so many excedrin's per day. i am going to stop and use regular aspirin. but boy, i have bad headaches, i hope regular aspirin works. i also felt that super relaxing affect with aspirin.

Jenn

Imonaquest said:
I would never take more than 1 or 2 pills per day. I find it absolutely comical that some people are taking 10-20 aspirin pills per day. Just a simple 325 mg basic Bayer pill had POWERFUL effects for me. I'm going to take it only when I need it.

I have taken that much, for long periods of time. I only take it when I need it too. I do not supplement with vit K. I had been taking it for YEARS before gradually taking more.
Everyone is different.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals