Aspirin Has Nootropic Properties Via Serotonin Inhibition

L

lollipop

WoW...great @Constatine:

"Inhibition of the serotonergic transmission by aspirin is responsible for its nootropic and neuroprotective actions."

T

tca300

I wonder if the effects would be greater or lesser with higher amounts, than say about 40mg for someone my weight.

DuggaDugga

It's interesting that they discuss the role of 5-HT in causing head twitches and poor memory, which is likely due to an excited, low-energy state, and are basically the hallmarks of dementia.
Head twitches in rats can be used to study 5-HT neuronal activity. Several drugs induce these in rats, i.e. 5- hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) by increasing free concentration of 5-HT at its receptor site or 5-methoxytryptamine by directly mimicking endogenous 5-HT at its receptor sites. Head twitches also occur in rats treated with lithium chloride and constitutes an useful animal model for quantifying 5-HT activity in the brain and screening of potential antagonists of 5-HT receptors.
Evidences suggest that serotonergic transmission inhibits the working memory performances and it is also suggested that blocking serotonergic transmission in brain is a possible mechanism to enhance the working memory performance

Diogo

I consumed, at least 500 mg of aspirin daily for quite a few months in a row, and let me tell you that for someone who just always lived with depression, it made a difference.

Absolute day/night difference.

I stopped taking it because I wanted to experiment with Vitamin B1 and T3 and felt an absolute stiff decline in cognition, which was extremely visible in the work I do.

Aspirin helps me, without a doubt, see things for what they are exactly, not for what I interpret them as being, from an absolute foggy chattered puzzle of stimuli.

I also stopped it because of my lack of Vitamin K intake, which was none.

My reasons for supplemental ingestion are to gain the cognitive capabilities I should have never lost from a whole life of stress, depression, loneliness and heavy drinking and drug abuse from an early age.

Yes it is knowingly involved in plasticity mechanisms
(Up-regulation of Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor in Astrocytes by Aspirin: IMPLICATIONS FOR REMYELINATION IN MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS)

(Aspirin binds to PPARα to stimulate hippocampal plasticity and protect memory)

But it is toxic to Neural Stem Cells
(Effects of aspirin and clopidogrel on neural stem cells - PubMed)

Which seems like a concern to someone with similar issues as mine, especially with a frail use of commas like my own.