Aspirin Has Dramatically Lower Bleeding Risk Than Pharma Anticoagulants

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick post that adds to the mountain of evidence contradicting the fearmongering about aspirin we hear on a daily basis from every doctor who manages to get some TV time. It has been known for a while that aspirin lowers bleeding risk in brain and GI tract, despite being an anti-coagulant drug itself. Big Pharma agents did everything possible to convince the public (without evidence) that patented poisons like Xarelto are somehow safer. Yet, every human trial that compared aspirin to a pharma anticoagulant drug found otherwise, including the study below. Maybe this is why there are so few such direct comparison trials...to avoid exposing the ugly truth about the anti-coagulant industry.

The Take Home: ESC Congress

"...In POPULAR TAVI, 690 patients were randomly assigned to aspirin alone or aspirin plus clopidogrel for 3 months after TAVR. The study’s findings are provocative and challenge common practice of DAPT prescription after TAVR. They show that for patients without another reason for DAPT or anticoagulation, aspirin alone is associated with fewer bleeding events than DAPT. The difference was rather dramatic, as aspirin was associated with a nearly threefold reduction in Valve Academic Research Consortium (VARC) major bleeding at 12 months compared with DAPT (2.4% vs 7.5%). Among patients who received aspirin and clopidogrel, 26.6% experienced the primary outcome of all bleeding at 1 year compared with 15.1% of the aspirin-alone group (RR = 0.57; 95% CI, 0.42-0.77). Similarly, nonprocedural bleeding occurred in 24.9% of patients assigned to aspirin plus clopidogrel vs. 15.1% of patients assigned to aspirin alone (RR = 0.61; 95% CI, 0.44-0.83). Interestingly, in the study there did not seem to be a significant cost of using aspirin alone, as there was no difference in ischemic events including stroke, MI, or valve thrombosis, and aortic valve function was no different in the aspirin alone or DAPT groups out to 12 months. I do feel that POPULAR TAVI will make a meaningful clinical impact. This study answers an important clinical question and is very relevant to clinical practice. I expect the results will persuade most clinicians to adopt an aspirin-only strategy after TAVR, as now there are data to support this."

forterpride

My mother has diverticulitis and she was wondering about the pages upon pages that say NSAIDs can cause it. I wonder if this vindicates me in telling her i don't think its her daily use of 325mg aspirin and 15mg k2 that's doing it.

forterpride

Just a quick post that adds to the mountain of evidence contradicting the fearmongering about aspirin we hear on a daily basis from every doctor who manages to get some TV time. It has been known for a while that aspirin lowers bleeding risk in brain and GI tract, despite being an anti-coagulant drug itself. Big Pharma agents did everything possible to convince the public (without evidence) that patented poisons like Xarelto are somehow safer. Yet, every human trial that compared aspirin to a pharma anticoagulant drug found otherwise, including the study below. Maybe this is why there are so few such direct comparison trials...to avoid exposing the ugly truth about the anti-coagulant industry.

The Take Home: ESC Congress

"...In POPULAR TAVI, 690 patients were randomly assigned to aspirin alone or aspirin plus clopidogrel for 3 months after TAVR. The study’s findings are provocative and challenge common practice of DAPT prescription after TAVR. They show that for patients without another reason for DAPT or anticoagulation, aspirin alone is associated with fewer bleeding events than DAPT. The difference was rather dramatic, as aspirin was associated with a nearly threefold reduction in Valve Academic Research Consortium (VARC) major bleeding at 12 months compared with DAPT (2.4% vs 7.5%). Among patients who received aspirin and clopidogrel, 26.6% experienced the primary outcome of all bleeding at 1 year compared with 15.1% of the aspirin-alone group (RR = 0.57; 95% CI, 0.42-0.77). Similarly, nonprocedural bleeding occurred in 24.9% of patients assigned to aspirin plus clopidogrel vs. 15.1% of patients assigned to aspirin alone (RR = 0.61; 95% CI, 0.44-0.83). Interestingly, in the study there did not seem to be a significant cost of using aspirin alone, as there was no difference in ischemic events including stroke, MI, or valve thrombosis, and aortic valve function was no different in the aspirin alone or DAPT groups out to 12 months. I do feel that POPULAR TAVI will make a meaningful clinical impact. This study answers an important clinical question and is very relevant to clinical practice. I expect the results will persuade most clinicians to adopt an aspirin-only strategy after TAVR, as now there are data to support this."

My mother has diverticulitis and she was wondering about the pages upon pages that say NSAIDs can cause it. I wonder if this vindicates me in telling her i don't think its her daily use of 325mg aspirin and 15mg k2 that's doing it.

koky

haidut -if going through surgery, would using aspirin and enough d2 mitigate bleeding, or follow dr's advice to use Tylenol?

milkboi

If you give her the K2 solely for the purpose of preventing a deficiency due to aspirin use, I think 15 mg is far too high of a dose.

forterpride

If you give her the K2 solely for the purpose of preventing a deficiency due to aspirin use, I think 15 mg is far too high of a dose.

Thank you for your response. If I remember correctly there was a Peat quote where he said there is no upper limit of K2. I think I also read here 15mg was optimal. Can you elaborate on why you think it’s too much? Thank you.

Ps. My dad also takes 15mg a day because his calcium score is off the charts. Like 900 I think.

mrchibbs

Thank you for your response. If I remember correctly there was a Peat quote where he said there is no upper limit of K2. I think I also read here 15mg was optimal. Can you elaborate on why you think it’s too much? Thank you.

Ps. My dad also takes 15mg a day because his calcium score is off the charts. Like 900 I think.

Exactly. 15mg is fine, its probably very therapeutic in fact. Some studies used much more.

retroactive

I understand that one of the reasons to use an anticoagulant like warfarin, instead of aspirin, is that there is a good antidote to warfarin that can be used if needed - in an emergency I suppose. I'm not sure if aspirin has a such an opposing compound

Dr. Peat has said it's important to take 1mg of K2 per aspirin tablet (325mg), but you can use more. I use 5 - 10mg per day even if I'm not taking aspirn.

L

Lord Cola

Aspirin does cause inflammation in my colon even when I take vitamin K regularly. Maybe there are ways to avoid the adverse effects, like mixing it in food and taking it in very small amounts.

Aspirin does cause inflammation in my colon even when I take vitamin K regularly. Maybe there are ways to avoid the adverse effects, like mixing it in food and taking it in very small amounts.

Gut irritation from aspirin shows H Pylori infestation. Amoxicillin can help. A large dose of vitamin D3 on an empty stomach with a little coconut oil also. Or one or 2 tablespoons of honey on an empty stomach every morning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom