Aspirin Gave Me Permanent Tinnitus, Help

JacquelineNZ

you sure its aspirin?
i have Tinnitus to, aspirin makes it not worse for me.
Tinnitus can not be me cured/healed, damage is permanent, you need learn to accepting it.
i don't hear it anymore because i have accepting it and not focusing on it anymore.

There info saying tinnitis is oesteoporosis of skull and depending which cranial nerve is getting the pressure that is one of the symptoms, think from memory its the 10th cranial nerve getting pressure. If other cranial nerve it is different symptoms. It has been reversed once your calcium supplys are restored so maybe absorption/gut is an issue.
I have it pressing on a different nerve and it effects the ears. My gut health has been really bad SIBO and calcium n many other nutrients so low, so working on restoration.

RohnJose

Its definitely not permanent, and no reason to freak out and call it that even though it may feel alarming right now. I had tinnitus earlier this summer for a month or two. Been taking 1g aspirin every day for almost 2 years. Take a break, follow the other great suggestions here, and dont freak out.

BearWithMe

There info saying tinnitis is oesteoporosis of skull and depending which cranial nerve is getting the pressure that is one of the symptoms, think from memory its the 10th cranial nerve getting pressure. If other cranial nerve it is different symptoms. It has been reversed once your calcium supplys are restored so maybe absorption/gut is an issue.
I have it pressing on a different nerve and it effects the ears. My gut health has been really bad SIBO and calcium n many other nutrients so low, so working on restoration.
This is really interesting! I think I have the same issue. Do you also have teeth problems/decay?

How would you go about restoring your gut and fixing your SIBO, so you can absorb the nutrients properly?

Last edited:

Beata

I agree with S-VV. A conversation were no troubles can be mentioned is one sided and misleading. I also got tinnitus after my stint with the Peat's inspired eating. Aspirin is ototoxic - something I unfortunately learned after I got the T.
This is something that should be talked about here, so people can make an informed decision whether or not to take it - and not be accused of trolling!!!

RealNeat

Gary Taubes the anti sugar guru takes ginkgo biloba for his T. Might be worth a try along with the K and glycine people have been mentioning.

R J

Glycine is supposed to prevent and reverse aspirin related tinnitus

OP
A

Astolfo

The sound didn't go away. Nor it did decrease in time. There really a risk of permanent tinnitus by just taking aspirin and i didn't even take huge doses like some do here, it was just 500 mg daily. Anybody who recommends Aspirin to other people just because it's being regarded as one of the most healthy drugs by the people here at this forum, I want to let you know that you could ruin someone's life.

OP
A

Astolfo

Your life isn't ruined. You have an endotoxin problem. Look at it as an opportunity to fix something.

Activation Of The Endotoxin Receptor (TLR4) May Cause Hearing Loss

Could you say what it has to do with aspirin at all? I read the page and all i see is that haidut is talking as usual, serotonin ---> *insert any disease* etc. I used cyproheptadine and it didn't stop my tinnitus.

And if it's true, there is another problem as well because Aspirin caused a big endotoxin issue in my system.

Gustav3Y

Aspirin is associated with worsening of tinnitus or inducing tinnitus, doctors will tell you to cut aspirin if you have such issue.

" High doses of salicylate, the active ingredient in aspirin, reliably induce tinnitus and augment currents through NMDA receptors on cochlear spiral ganglion neurons (9395). NMDA antagonists applied locally to the inner ear blocked behavioral evidence of salicylate-induced tinnitus (83)."

"Tinnitus is thought to arise from neural hyperactivity. As potassium ion channels play an important role in regulating the resting potential and spontaneous and evoked neural activity, potassium channel modulators may represent potential therapeutic targets for tinnitus therapy. Potassium channel modulators have also attracted attention as potential therapeutic targets for pain, epilepsy, anxiety and other hyperexcitability disorders (148, 149). In a preliminary report utilizing a rat behavioral model, the potassium channel modulators flindokalner (BMS-204352; MaxiPost™), and its (R)-enantiomer (R-MaxiPost™) reduced behavioral evidence of salicylate-induced tinnitus in a dose-dependent manner (150)"

" Subsequent behavioral studies in rats showed that nimodipine significantly reduced tinnitus-like behavior caused by high doses of quinine or sodium salicylate (54, 235, 236). "

"However, when behavioral measures of tinnitus were obtained from rats treated with salicylate or salicylate plus scopolamine, scopolamine failed to suppress salicylate-induced tinnitus (261)."

Sefton10

I definitely think there is a gut/serotonin/endotoxin relationship with tinnitus. Mine has been much better for the last couple of months, still there, but much reduced. It came back with a vengeance last night and resulted in a terrible sleep. I hadn't eaten enough during the day and ended up having too many dates and stewed apple with raisins an hour before bed. Big mistake. Woke up around 2am with brutally loud ringing in my left ear and a sound like someone crunching paper. My sinuses were bothering me too and I had a little burning in the throat. When I got up I had a huge bowel movement, it literally felt like my gut was detoxing and just desperate to get rid of its contents. I can only put this down to a big serotonin/endotoxin attack, at least that’s how it felt. Maybe a histamine element to it too. Definitely a low fibre day ahead of me today.