Aspirin Gave Me Permanent Tinnitus, Help

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by Astolfo, Sep 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Andman

Andman Member

well known side effect, glycine supplementation doesnt seem to do anything unfortunately

2. Goat-e

Goat-e Member

I know. It's a pretty disturbing trend.

3. Orion

Orion Member

@Astolfo Same aspirin gave me persistent tinnitus as well, from dosing experimentation about 3 years ago. Tried all the usual tips and suggestions, seems permanent at this point.

4. postman

postman Member

Because it's on Ray's list of "safe supplements", accompanied with other stars such as retinol.

5. Diokine

Diokine Member

Chronic ingestion of aspirin will inhibit COX2, leading to accumulation of arachidonic acid and reduction of peroxidised fatty acid molecules like prostaglandins, prostacyclins, and eicosanoids. This can shift the balance of NMDA activity. This shift can generate excessive electrical potential and induce currents in delicate structures like the auditory nerves and hair cells, this is interpreted as ringing. This excessive current can lead to damage, though it appears to be reversible in most cases. This is especially evident if phospholipase activity has been increased from adaptation to chronic inflammation, leading to higher levels of arachidonic acid.

I think antagonizing NMDA activity can help to restore proper balance, and there are some relatively safe natural NMDA antagonists that may be helpful. These include limonene, valerian, and possibly lithium in proper dosing. Memantine and similar dimandoids may also be helpful. Sufficient magnesium intake will also be very important.

Salicylate Enables Cochlear Arachidonic-Acid-Sensitive NMDA Receptor Responses

Long‑term treatment with salicylate enables NMDA receptors and impairs AMPA receptors in C57BL/6J mice inner hair cell ribbon synapse

6. Bogdar

Bogdar Member

That's not true; tinnitus has multiple causes, depending on them damage can be reversible. Idk how to help trauma dmg but I sure know how to improve my tinnitus (6 years old) and maybe treat it totally someday. I do also think that my tinnitus cause isn't that rare in tinnitus patient but juste missunderstood

7. OP
    Astolfo

Astolfo Member

I have some at home. I will try but why did you recommend niacin? What it has to do with tinnitus?

It's been same since i stopped taking it. I don't know why either.

I'm pssd patient but it has nothing to do with tinnitus. It exactly started while im taking the aspirin and now it's permanent.

Dude, what are you talking about? Get out of my thread.

I have the same tinnitus for weeks. It is permanent.

@Orion You ever tried NMDA antagonists?

@Diokine Thanks for the study. I guess I was more vulnerable to such a damage as I have PSSD and lots of other metabolic problems. I'm probably in a chronic inflammatory state.

8. Orion

Orion Member

I am quite wary of supplements now, so have not used those, but have tested niacin, lithium and magnesium dosing, no change.

9. JKX

JKX Member

10. GenericName86

GenericName86 Member

Yep, supplementing gelatin and taurine (though im 99% sure it was the gelatin) corrected the tinnitus i got from going on aspirin benders.

11. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

@Astolfo

With all due respects, it is not permanent.

If it was permanent, by definition why are you asking for help in resolving this issue?

If it's permanent nothing can be done about it, it's for the rest of your life.

This topic has been covered before and I have experienced tinnitus myself from large doses of aspirin.

Aspirin needs to be dissolved in baking soda, taken with a meal with ample glycine.

I myself dissolve some powder in hot water and baking soda, then I add a tablespoon of gelatin powder, stir well, wait till it stops foaming, then add some juice to fill the rest of the glass.

Recommended reading:

Negative effects of aspirin may be due to glycine depletion

Do Your Aspirin Drills

12. commas

commas Member

Hows your digestion?

13. outcast1979

outcast1979 Member

Try B3,i am on b3 acetyl carnitine niacin and tribulus ,my tinnitus is over,i also suffer pssd,i was used a srni and a benzo in the past,and when i drop the drugs the tinnitus started.

14. outcast1979

outcast1979 Member

For me the problem is anhedonia.

15. pro marker

pro marker Member

how do you get so caught up in a diet that you tell someone theyre trolling when they are just sharing their experience? op tinnitus can be cured, there are many people who have regained silence after noise induced tinnitus even. my noise induced tinnitus has become much more quiet after a year. ***t sucks, and this is the reason ive never tried a drug. the less you stress out about the sound the quicker it will lessen.

16. PhilParma

PhilParma Member

I currently have tinnitus. For many months I had been taking 100mg daily aspirin dissolved in baking soda and warm water. I've also taken 40-50g of gelatin daily, for years. I'm quitting aspirin and sticking with Vit E as needed.

17. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

00:38

Vitamin K
    Charcoal
    Taurine

01:23

Reduce Serotonin

Also - 00:21

Thyroid / Vitamin A / Progesterone

Re-focusing on other things can create a natural biofeedback where you do not hear the sounds.

18. Tash

Tash New Member

Amazing, thank you for your direction.

This should be talked about more, I now get it temporarily after aspirin, plus my mother has had torturous tinnitus for years and I'd love to help her. Her colleagues mock her for not always hearing them and it breaks my heart.

19. Kassy831

Kassy831 New Member

Just eat your daily carrot salad and mushrooms. Jp I know it's unfortunate but try not to stress and let it blend into your lifestyle till it's not noticeable and you can live free of stress. I have to live seeing Floaters in my eye, creepy at times but I've learned to accept and live stress-free, try to move on till it goes away by method of healing or by you not making it a part of your life. Sorry if not helpful wish you the best.

20. GreenTrails

GreenTrails Member

When I was using large doses of aspirin, such as recommended by Ray Peat (6 gr per day, for cancer, which I have), and by Georgi Dinkov (18 325 gr. per day, for cancer), I was hearing noises in my head, which I would assume were tinninitis. It was terrible, and very annoying. I quit using aspirin in such heavy doses and the sounds went away. I now use 81 mg. per day, per my doctor's orders. Astolfo is not trolling. This is a real problem, at least it was for me. GreenDemiGod, when someone reports a problem that doesn't fit with your ideas, please don't call it trolling. That is what cults do.