Aspirin Gave Me Permanent Tinnitus, Help

Andman

well known side effect, glycine supplementation doesnt seem to do anything unfortunately

Goat-e

Why is it that every time someone posts a case report of a negative side-effect of peaty substances, they are accused of lying, trolling, or bombarded with studies to make them shut up. Aspirins ototoxicity is well documented

I know. It's a pretty disturbing trend.

Orion

@Astolfo Same aspirin gave me persistent tinnitus as well, from dosing experimentation about 3 years ago. Tried all the usual tips and suggestions, seems permanent at this point.

postman

Why is it that every time someone posts a case report of a negative side-effect of peaty substances, they are accused of lying, trolling, or bombarded with studies to make them shut up. Aspirins ototoxicity is well documented
Because it's on Ray's list of "safe supplements", accompanied with other stars such as retinol.

Diokine

Chronic ingestion of aspirin will inhibit COX2, leading to accumulation of arachidonic acid and reduction of peroxidised fatty acid molecules like prostaglandins, prostacyclins, and eicosanoids. This can shift the balance of NMDA activity. This shift can generate excessive electrical potential and induce currents in delicate structures like the auditory nerves and hair cells, this is interpreted as ringing. This excessive current can lead to damage, though it appears to be reversible in most cases. This is especially evident if phospholipase activity has been increased from adaptation to chronic inflammation, leading to higher levels of arachidonic acid.

I think antagonizing NMDA activity can help to restore proper balance, and there are some relatively safe natural NMDA antagonists that may be helpful. These include limonene, valerian, and possibly lithium in proper dosing. Memantine and similar dimandoids may also be helpful. Sufficient magnesium intake will also be very important.

Salicylate Enables Cochlear Arachidonic-Acid-Sensitive NMDA Receptor Responses

Long‑term treatment with salicylate enables NMDA receptors and impairs AMPA receptors in C57BL/6J mice inner hair cell ribbon synapse

Bogdar

you sure its aspirin?
i have Tinnitus to, aspirin makes it not worse for me.
Tinnitus can not be me cured/healed, damage is permanent, you need learn to accepting it.
i don't hear it anymore because i have accepting it and not focusing on it anymore.

That's not true; tinnitus has multiple causes, depending on them damage can be reversible. Idk how to help trauma dmg but I sure know how to improve my tinnitus (6 years old) and maybe treat it totally someday. I do also think that my tinnitus cause isn't that rare in tinnitus patient but juste missunderstood

OP
A

Astolfo

try niacin for one week
I have some at home. I will try but why did you recommend niacin? What it has to do with tinnitus?

Mmh I got tinnitus after using aspirin for a short period of time, but it went away really quickly. So not sure it has to be permanent. For me it seems to be a side effect of too much blood thinning.
It's been same since i stopped taking it. I don't know why either.

I am curious wheather you have a deviated septum? Or any antidepressant use? The timing might be off, but these factors can contribute to tinnitus. I don´t know that anything cures it. A lot can worsen it. Aspirin makes it worse for me, but I take it anyway because I don´t notice the tinnitus anymore much. Maybe osteopathy can make it better if it is from some spinal, jaw, ear or nose originating factors.
I'm pssd patient but it has nothing to do with tinnitus. It exactly started while im taking the aspirin and now it's permanent.

OP is trolling, close the thread
Dude, what are you talking about? Get out of my thread.

Yeah it's not "permanent" lol

You just need more gelatin.
I have the same tinnitus for weeks. It is permanent.

@Orion You ever tried NMDA antagonists?

@Diokine Thanks for the study. I guess I was more vulnerable to such a damage as I have PSSD and lots of other metabolic problems. I'm probably in a chronic inflammatory state.

mrchibbs

@Astolfo

With all due respects, it is not permanent.

If it was permanent, by definition why are you asking for help in resolving this issue?

If it's permanent nothing can be done about it, it's for the rest of your life.

This topic has been covered before and I have experienced tinnitus myself from large doses of aspirin.

Aspirin needs to be dissolved in baking soda, taken with a meal with ample glycine.

I myself dissolve some powder in hot water and baking soda, then I add a tablespoon of gelatin powder, stir well, wait till it stops foaming, then add some juice to fill the rest of the glass.

Recommended reading:

Negative effects of aspirin may be due to glycine depletion

Do Your Aspirin Drills

outcast1979

I am quite wary of supplements now, so have not used those, but have tested niacin, lithium and magnesium dosing, no change.
Try B3,i am on b3 acetyl carnitine niacin and tribulus ,my tinnitus is over,i also suffer pssd,i was used a srni and a benzo in the past,and when i drop the drugs the tinnitus started.

pro marker

how do you get so caught up in a diet that you tell someone theyre trolling when they are just sharing their experience? op tinnitus can be cured, there are many people who have regained silence after noise induced tinnitus even. my noise induced tinnitus has become much more quiet after a year. ***t sucks, and this is the reason ive never tried a drug. the less you stress out about the sound the quicker it will lessen.

PhilParma

I currently have tinnitus. For many months I had been taking 100mg daily aspirin dissolved in baking soda and warm water. I've also taken 40-50g of gelatin daily, for years. I'm quitting aspirin and sticking with Vit E as needed.

Grapelander

00:38

Vitamin K
Charcoal
Taurine

01:23

Reduce Serotonin

Also - 00:21

Thyroid / Vitamin A / Progesterone

Re-focusing on other things can create a natural biofeedback where you do not hear the sounds.

Tash

00:38

Vitamin K
Charcoal
Taurine

01:23

Reduce Serotonin

Also - 00:21

Thyroid / Vitamin A / Progesterone

Re-focusing on other things can create a natural biofeedback where you do not hear the sounds.

Amazing, thank you for your direction.

This should be talked about more, I now get it temporarily after aspirin, plus my mother has had torturous tinnitus for years and I'd love to help her. Her colleagues mock her for not always hearing them and it breaks my heart.

Kassy831

Just eat your daily carrot salad and mushrooms. Jp I know it's unfortunate but try not to stress and let it blend into your lifestyle till it's not noticeable and you can live free of stress. I have to live seeing Floaters in my eye, creepy at times but I've learned to accept and live stress-free, try to move on till it goes away by method of healing or by you not making it a part of your life. Sorry if not helpful wish you the best.

GreenTrails

When I was using large doses of aspirin, such as recommended by Ray Peat (6 gr per day, for cancer, which I have), and by Georgi Dinkov (18 325 gr. per day, for cancer), I was hearing noises in my head, which I would assume were tinninitis. It was terrible, and very annoying. I quit using aspirin in such heavy doses and the sounds went away. I now use 81 mg. per day, per my doctor's orders. Astolfo is not trolling. This is a real problem, at least it was for me. GreenDemiGod, when someone reports a problem that doesn't fit with your ideas, please don't call it trolling. That is what cults do.