Aspirin for treating male pattern baldness

S

StayPositive

Hi guys, i am going to take aspirin in attempt to stop further hair loss. I am looking for maintenance, i don't care about regrowth

I know asprin reduces pgd2 which is the cause of mpb, but it also reduces pge2 which is very important for hair. That's why i am thinking about adding castor oil for its pge2 properties.

I will take aspirin at 1500mg pzr day with vitamin k2 and glycin.

What do you think?

highriderrr

Week ago i started make topical vitamin E, aspirin, niacin, p5p, melatonin. I cant say about results but in 3-6 month i post results.

golder

Melatonin for hair loss? Interesting, not seen anyone mention that on here?

Uselis

If anything addition of Aspirin made my hair recede a bit for the first time. But at that time I was walking a lot and overstimulating myself otherwise. Probably lack of calories caught up with time.

highriderrr

Melatonin for hair loss? Interesting, not seen anyone mention that on here?

GreekDemiGod

Whenever I continually take Aspirin in doses of 0.5 - 1g for days in a row, it completely stops shedding of hair.

DhtAssassin

This won't help. Aspirin nukes PGE2, which is important for hair. If aspirin did anything for MPB, we would have known at this point.

OP
S

StayPositive

This won't help. Aspirin nukes PGE2, which is important for hair. If aspirin did anything for MPB, we would have known at this point.
You didn't even read my original post

I said i will take pge2 analogue with aspirin

keytothecity

Same, aspirin was bad for my hair and gave me joint pain, indicating insufficient aromatase activity in tissues (such as scalp). I wouldn’t take it if you are low e already

OP
S

StayPositive

Same, aspirin was bad for my hair and gave me joint pain, indicating insufficient aromatase activity in tissues (such as scalp). I wouldn’t take it if you are low e already
I am crazy high estrogen low t

keytothecity

I am crazy high estrogen low t
My take is that if your serum is flooded with E your tissues will downregulate receptors. So what then happens when you lower your serum e is that your receptors are still downregulated, but now you also have low E to agonize them. So you’ll shed
I think upregilating receptors is generally a great thing, but it seems to take longer than serum shifts in steroid concentrations, and can thus cost you hair. I see it a lot in fat people loosing weight: they loose hair.

OP
S

StayPositive

Hi just want to report that Aspirin + Oral castor oil COMPLETELY stopped the shedding. Even minoxidil and finasteride didn't do that to me since i have an aggressive recession and thinning.

I only started around 3 weeks ago. Crazy

Charger

Hi just want to report that Aspirin + Oral castor oil COMPLETELY stopped the shedding. Even minoxidil and finasteride didn't do that to me since i have an aggressive recession and thinning.

So have you changed your mind regarding aspirin?

OP
S

StayPositive

So have you changed your mind regarding aspirin?
It clearly reduces my testosterone but it's the only thing that worked for me.

So i don't know, maybe trt can be a good idea. I have naturally low testosterone (350-400ng)

Do you think it's possible to keep balding even if the shedding completely stopped?

Vins7

Why do you think that oral castor oil worked for your shedding?

Charger

It clearly reduces my testosterone but it's the only thing that worked for me.

So i don't know, maybe trt can be a good idea. I have naturally low testosterone (350-400ng)

Do you think it's possible to keep balding even if the shedding completely stopped?
I can't say for sure, I never recall having any major shedding 'episodes' in my life, but I've always kept my hair relatively short, yet I've had noticeable loss of density and recession.

Why do you think that oral castor oil worked for your shedding?
Both aspirin and castor oil can lower testosterone, castor oil also increases PGE2/aromatase activity.

OP
S

StayPositive

I can't say for sure, I never recall having any major shedding 'episodes' in my life, but I've always kept my hair relatively short, yet I've had noticeable loss of density and recession.

Both aspirin and castor oil can lower testosterone, castor oil also increases PGE2/aromatase activity.
But when you shake your hair do you see hair fall?