Aspirin, Doxycycline, Lysine And RU486 Combo Prevents Cancer Metastases

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yet another confirmation that there is general change of direction in cancer research after the complete failure of the "War on Cancer" since it first started in the 19070s. The journal OncoTarget where this study was published is one of the bastions of "cut, poison, burn" dogma. More importantly, this study used substances Peat as written about many times in the context of cancer therapy, and we have posted about them on the forum as well. Without further ado, this study not only found prevention of lung cancer metastases with a relatively low dose of the quatro-combination, but also found the treatment to be completely non-toxic. Even deliberate attempts to kill the study animals with doses equivalent to 50g+ of each of the ingredients failed to kill any of the animals, and less drastic but still huge doses did not display any sign of toxicity. The treatment doubled the survival time of the cancer-bearing mice. In light of all of these benefits, it is not surprising the authors gush about their HAMPT therapy and say that "...The result indicated HAMPT is a safe and effective metastasis preventive drug."
The human equivalent doses for each of the substances used are as follows: doxycycline - 1.5mg/kg, aspirin - 2.5mg/kg, RU486 (mifepristone) - 0.3mg/kg, L-lysine - 6mg/kg. The researchers tested various combinations of the substances, and while the combination of all 4 substances was most effective, a very similar effectiveness was displayed by the 3-substance combination without RU486. The 3-substance combination also happens to be much easier to procure given how expensive RU486 is and how difficult it is to find online. Look at figure 4A for more info on the effectiveness of the various combinations. Finally, the Discussion section contains a good description of why the scientists chose these substances and what is the anti-cancer potential of each of the substances individually. It reads almost like Peat wrote it:):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26459390
Code:
http://www.impactjournals.com/oncotarget/index.php?journal=oncotarget&page=article&op=view&path[]=6038&path[]=14685

"...There is a compelling rationale for use of a combination of drugs with different mechanisms of action to target both a primary and compensatory pathway for cancer metastasis chemoprevention to minimize toxicity and maximize efficacy. In the present study, we demonstrated that HAMPT could be formulated in a novel quadruple drug combination without obvious physiochemical drug-drug interaction. The combination prevented and inhibited cancer metastasis in the well-validated animal model in a dose-dependent manner (Figure 4) through its inhibition on cell hetero-adhesion between cancer and endothelia cells (Figure 2) The inhibition included down regulation by HAMPT of ICAM-1 and integrin expression (Figure 3), the cloak effect (Figure 2F) caused by activated platelets to protect CTCs from immune attack and facilitate CTCs adhesion to endothelial cells for their subsequent gemmating and invasion to the underlying stroma. HAMPT also shows its ability to induce CTCs into cellular dormancy via a G0/G1 arrest or differentiation (Figure 2G) [27], and minor inhibition on cell viability. Thirty-day treatment of the mice with HAMPT (33.5, 67, 134 mg/kg/day) did not produce any significant drug-related organ toxicity, which was further confirmed by the 50-day subacute (5 g/kg) and the acute toxicity (335, 670 and 1340 mg/kg/day) studies. These data strongly suggest that HAMPT is a good cancer metastasis chemopreventive that could comprehensively and synergistically interfere with metastasis pathways while possessing a good safety profile."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

Great stuff! Thank you haidut. :hattip

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
charlie said:

Hey Charlie, the link to the full study is not displaying properly. It looks like the forum software does not like the "[]" in the URL. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
haidut said:
post 117273 Hey Charlie, the link to the full study is not displaying properly. It looks like the forum software does not like the "[]" in the URL. Is there any way to fix this?
Yeh those "[]" are actually opening/closing tags. The only way I could think of getting around it for now is place it in a code tag. I will try to think of a better way.

edit: You could use bit.ly and shorten the URL. My computer is on the fritz right now and bit.ly keeps freezing me up.

Last edited:

hmac

This is amazing thanks for sharing, Haidut. It's very good to see such a rational approach.

In the discussion section they mention mifepristone as being a "progesterone receptor antagonist" and liken it's method of metastatic prevention to the prevention of embryonic implantation. I'm out of my depth reading these studies but does that imply that its role is actually estrogenic but, in this specific context, that is beneficial?

Demyze

hmac said:
post 117278 In the discussion section they mention mifepristone as being a "progesterone receptor antagonist" and liken it's method of metastatic prevention to the prevention of embryonic implantation. I'm out of my depth reading these studies but does that imply that its role is actually estrogenic but, in this specific context, that is beneficial?

Check out Ray's article on RU486: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ru486.shtml

aguilaroja

charlie said:
post 117274
haidut said:
post 117273 Hey Charlie, the link to the full study is not displaying properly. It looks like the forum software does not like the "[]" in the URL. Is there any way to fix this?
Yeh those "[]" are actually opening/closing tags...
edit: You could use bit.ly and shorten the URL. My computer is on the fritz right now and bit.ly keeps freezing me up.

This link to the full pdf version seems to work, when I double check it:

http://bit.ly/1Oypa4K

Here's the shortened link to the full html version:

http://bit.ly/1Uhqd7k

Zachs

I really wish studies like this were being done on humans... I mean it's not like there is a shortage of cancer patients.

jyb

Zachs said:
post 117300 I really wish studies like this were being done on humans... I mean it's not like there is a shortage of cancer patients.

It's a recent study. Let's hope they continue experiments with HAMPT - interesting combination of drugs.

hmac

Demyze said:
post 117291
hmac said:
post 117278 In the discussion section they mention mifepristone as being a "progesterone receptor antagonist" and liken it's method of metastatic prevention to the prevention of embryonic implantation. I'm out of my depth reading these studies but does that imply that its role is actually estrogenic but, in this specific context, that is beneficial?

Check out Ray's article on RU486: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ru486.shtml

Thanks, should have known!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
hmac said:
post 117278 This is amazing thanks for sharing, Haidut. It's very good to see such a rational approach.

In the discussion section they mention mifepristone as being a "progesterone receptor antagonist" and liken it's method of metastatic prevention to the prevention of embryonic implantation. I'm out of my depth reading these studies but does that imply that its role is actually estrogenic but, in this specific context, that is beneficial?

Actually, RU486 is mostly a glucocorticoid antagonist and DESPITE its officially claimed anti-progesterone effects it is actually anti-estrogenic (as Ray's article aptly points out). The anti-progesterone effects of RU486 have not been replicated by most studies that attempted it, which is pretty telling.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ru486.shtml
"...The study's lead author, Eva Lee, quoted by a university publicist, said "We found that progesterone plays a role in the development of breast cancer by encouraging the proliferation of mammary cells that carry a breast cancer gene." But they didn't measure the amount of progesterone present in the animals. They didn't "find" anything at all about progesterone. The "anti-progesterone" drug they used has been used for many years to treat uterine, ovarian, and breast cancers, in some cases with progesterone, to intensify its effects, and its protective effects are very likely the result of its antiestrogenic and anti-cortisol effects, both of which are well established, and relevant. In some cases, it acts like progesterone, only more strongly."

So, in light of these antiestrogenic and anti-cortisol effects of RU486, in the absence of access to RU486 I think the HMAPT formula can be modified to include some vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin A, and DHEA. I would use 10mg P5P, 800 IU vitamin E, 25,000 IU vitamin A, and 5mg DHEA. I think even using only 10mg P5P may mimic the effects of RU486 close enough.

jaa

I thought it was a bad idea to take a serotonin lowering drug like l-lysine with aspirin. Or is it just a certain class of them?

Peata

jaa said:
post 117360 I thought it was a bad idea to take a serotonin lowering drug like l-lysine with aspirin. Or is it just a certain class of them?

Because of the blood-thinning? I wonder this too. Many Peaty supplements cause it, like the ones that lower serotonin (theanine, lysine, cypro) and then there's Vitamin E and aspirin and caffeine. Some people take a combination of many of the supps.

XPlus

Very interesting study, Hiadut.
Do you think there's any caution to using Aspirin, Cyproheptadine, Doxycycline combo to control excess estrogen, inflammation, bacterial growth and serotonin at the same time.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
XPlus said:
post 117363 Very interesting study, Hiadut.
Do you think there's any caution to using Aspirin, Cyproheptadine, Doxycycline combo to control excess estrogen, inflammation, bacterial growth and serotonin at the same time.

They all thin the blood, so some vitamin K may be necessary to counter the synergistic effects on bleeding when used in combination.

XPlus

Is that all.
I'm trying to clear up my slight drug combophobia.
I've been told - for example - to never take Doxycycline with calcium-rich foods because it binds calcium.
I think we has a discussion about aspirin-cypro interaction around here recently.
I've noticed that nothing is capable of keeping estrogen in check for me like cyproheptadine and lsd. Inflammation cannot be controlled better by anything other than aspirin. Gut is most restful with doxycyclin.
There are some worries, however.
Like using cypro and LSD (i.e. messing with serotonin levels) makes me slightly soft-natured, foggy and exhausted.
Aspirin tends to make the pain slightly passive (like that drugged feeling I get after visiting the dentist)
Doxycycline tends to initially mess up the bacterial balance in some places (e.g. ears) and that might take few more days of using to clear up.

I usually don't do them in combination and not more than 2 weeks at a time but I feel magically much better than before, few days after I stop.

Do you think it's just part of the healing process.
Would you think it's a good idea to do these intermittently every now and then.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
XPlus said:
post 117373 Is that all.
I'm trying to clear up my slight drug combophobia.
I've been told - for example - to never take Doxycycline with calcium-rich foods because it binds calcium.
I think we has a discussion about aspirin-cypro interaction around here recently.
I've noticed that nothing is capable of keeping estrogen in check for me like cyproheptadine and lsd. Inflammation cannot be controlled better by anything other than aspirin. Gut is most restful with doxycyclin.
There are some worries, however.
Like using cypro and LSD (i.e. messing with serotonin levels) makes me slightly soft-natured, foggy and exhausted.
Aspirin tends to make the pain slightly passive (like that drugged feeling I get after visiting the dentist)
Doxycycline tends to initially mess up the bacterial balance in some places (e.g. ears) and that might take few more days of using to clear up.

I usually don't do them in combination and not more than 2 weeks at a time but I feel magically much better than before, few days after I stop.

Do you think it's just part of the healing process.
Would you think it's a good idea to do these intermittently every now and then.

My comment was about their known interactions - i.e. blood thinning. So, in the absence of other evidence that would be my main concern when taking them together. Note that the study did not find any toxicity from combining them either. As to how and why they produce these effects in you I don't know.

TubZy

I have been taking lysine for the past two week orally for its effect on GABA and ability to lower serotonin/NO and I can say 100% it does work to at least lower serotonin...I like it. I also noticed that if I add 500mg-1gram of lysine powder to my gelatin it negates any bloat or headaches I sometimes get from gelatin. I'm assuming due to lysine counteracting the effects of the arginine in the gelatin. But it is pretty cool lysine has a nice effect on GABA..not too mention my skin and hair seems much softer too, pretty cool for an amino acid. Definitely up there with there glycine and theanine so no surprise about this study. Lysine also enhances the absorption of calcium too.

Never tried it in combo with aspirin yet though

L-lysine is a barbiturate-like anticonvulsant and modulator of the benzodiazepine receptor. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Mito

The human equivalent doses for each of the substances used are as follows: doxycycline - 1.5mg/kg, aspirin - 2.5mg/kg, RU486 (mifepristone) - 0.3mg/kg, L-lysine - 6mg/kg. The researchers tested various combinations of the substances, and while the combination of all 4 substances was most effective, a very similar effectiveness was displayed by the 3-substance combination without RU486. The 3-substance combination also happens to be much easier to procure given how expensive RU486 is and how difficult it is to find online.
“The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Thursday expanded access to the abortion pill mifepristone, allowing patients to obtain it by mail instead of requiring in-person visits with specific health care providers.

The FDA said its decision to permanently remove the “in-person dispensing requirement” would “reduce burden on patient access and the health care delivery system.”

Sherbert

Yet another confirmation that there is general change of direction in cancer research after the complete failure of the "War on Cancer" since it first started in the 19070s. The journal OncoTarget where this study was published is one of the bastions of "cut, poison, burn" dogma. More importantly, this study used substances Peat as written about many times in the context of cancer therapy, and we have posted about them on the forum as well. Without further ado, this study not only found prevention of lung cancer metastases with a relatively low dose of the quatro-combination, but also found the treatment to be completely non-toxic. Even deliberate attempts to kill the study animals with doses equivalent to 50g+ of each of the ingredients failed to kill any of the animals, and less drastic but still huge doses did not display any sign of toxicity. The treatment doubled the survival time of the cancer-bearing mice. In light of all of these benefits, it is not surprising the authors gush about their HAMPT therapy and say that "...The result indicated HAMPT is a safe and effective metastasis preventive drug."
The human equivalent doses for each of the substances used are as follows: doxycycline - 1.5mg/kg, aspirin - 2.5mg/kg, RU486 (mifepristone) - 0.3mg/kg, L-lysine - 6mg/kg. The researchers tested various combinations of the substances, and while the combination of all 4 substances was most effective, a very similar effectiveness was displayed by the 3-substance combination without RU486. The 3-substance combination also happens to be much easier to procure given how expensive RU486 is and how difficult it is to find online. Look at figure 4A for more info on the effectiveness of the various combinations. Finally, the Discussion section contains a good description of why the scientists chose these substances and what is the anti-cancer potential of each of the substances individually. It reads almost like Peat wrote it:):

Aspirin, lysine, mifepristone and doxycycline combined can effectively and safely prevent and treat cancer metastasis: prevent seeds from gemmating on soil - PubMed
Code:
http://www.impactjournals.com/oncotarget/index.php?journal=oncotarget&page=article&op=view&path[]=6038&path[]=14685

"...There is a compelling rationale for use of a combination of drugs with different mechanisms of action to target both a primary and compensatory pathway for cancer metastasis chemoprevention to minimize toxicity and maximize efficacy. In the present study, we demonstrated that HAMPT could be formulated in a novel quadruple drug combination without obvious physiochemical drug-drug interaction. The combination prevented and inhibited cancer metastasis in the well-validated animal model in a dose-dependent manner (Figure 4) through its inhibition on cell hetero-adhesion between cancer and endothelia cells (Figure 2) The inhibition included down regulation by HAMPT of ICAM-1 and integrin expression (Figure 3), the cloak effect (Figure 2F) caused by activated platelets to protect CTCs from immune attack and facilitate CTCs adhesion to endothelial cells for their subsequent gemmating and invasion to the underlying stroma. HAMPT also shows its ability to induce CTCs into cellular dormancy via a G0/G1 arrest or differentiation (Figure 2G) [27], and minor inhibition on cell viability. Thirty-day treatment of the mice with HAMPT (33.5, 67, 134 mg/kg/day) did not produce any significant drug-related organ toxicity, which was further confirmed by the 50-day subacute (5 g/kg) and the acute toxicity (335, 670 and 1340 mg/kg/day) studies. These data strongly suggest that HAMPT is a good cancer metastasis chemopreventive that could comprehensively and synergistically interfere with metastasis pathways while possessing a good safety profile."
would have to look up the ru and

Aspirin, lysine, mifepristone and doxycycline combined can effectively and safely prevent and treat cancer metastasis: prevent seeds from gemmating on soil - PubMed
Code:

would haveto look up the ru and the doxy

Code:

wow.. and amazing how lo the dosages

Code:

wow.. and amazing how low the dosages are