Aspirin & DHT

Ron J

Does aspirin alter DHT? Since it's an aromatase inhibitor, does it lower DHT due to lower estrogen? Also, does it alter DHEA, progesterone and pregnenolone?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you please expand on that?
@haidut Have you read studies that indicate an alteration to DHT and other hormones? I'd really appreciate your input or anyone else that has found any information.

Given the studies showing aspirin inhibits aromatase and lowers cortisol, it is likely that it will lead to androgen increase in the long run. But it also increases progesterone so not sure whether the net effect would be pro-androgen or pro-progesterone. It is positive either way though.

OP
R

Ron J

Given the studies showing aspirin inhibits aromatase and lowers cortisol, it is likely that it will lead to androgen increase in the long run. But it also increases progesterone so not sure whether the net effect would be pro-androgen or pro-progesterone. It is positive either way though.
Sounds good. Thank you for the reply.
Do you think DHT's effects are stronger if there is little/less estrogen present(from aspirin intake)? I read that high body fat(higher aromatase) can decrease DHT's potency even if DHT levels are high.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sounds good. Thank you for the reply.
Do you think DHT's effects are stronger if there is little/less estrogen present(from aspirin intake)? I read that high body fat(higher aromatase) can decrease DHT's potency even if DHT levels are high.

Well, if estrogen and DHT "compete" for the same "receptors" as the studies show then yes. But even more importantly, DHT and estrogen compete as metabolic regulators (functionally). DHT promotes sugar oxidation while estrogen promotes fat oxidation. I think the muscle effects of these steroids are secondary to their metabolic effects. Lipolysis (estrogen) usually leads to muscle loss as well. It is not a coincidence that diabetics (who are stuck in excessive fat oxidation) lose muscle pretty quickly. DHT may not be very anabolic but it is very anti-catabolic due to its opposition to estrogen.

OP
R

Ron J

Well, if estrogen and DHT "compete" for the same "receptors" as the studies show then yes. But even more importantly, DHT and estrogen compete as metabolic regulators (functionally). DHT promotes sugar oxidation while estrogen promotes fat oxidation. I think the muscle effects of these steroids are secondary to their metabolic effects. Lipolysis (estrogen) usually leads to muscle loss as well. It is not a coincidence that diabetics (who are stuck in excessive fat oxidation) lose muscle pretty quickly. DHT may not be very anabolic but it is very anti-catabolic due to its opposition to estrogen.
Greatly appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals