Aspirin Could Reverse The Effects Of Tooth Decay

milk_lover

Decided to give this some practical application to this by making some mouthwash.

Made using water, 1000mg of crushed aspirin, couple of drops of vitamin k2 and 3mg of methylene blue.

I have a few teeth with expsoded dentine that are quite painful to touch so let's see if this helps. Been using it for a few days and the pain I had in my back teeth has already gone. This is likely just the analgesic effect of aspirin and MB killing bacteria but hopefully over a longer period it will lead to healing of dentine too.
How much water did you use? I want to calculate the concentration.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
How much water did you use? I want to calculate the concentration.

150ml. Biggest problem I have is that that aspirin really is not very water soluble. It is apparently more soluble in alcohol and oil. Might need to make a new formula.

InChristAlone

Isn't aspirin acidic? I would not use anything more acidic than like a 5. Get some pH strips.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Isn't aspirin acidic? I would not use anything more acidic than like a 5. Get some pH strips.

I don't use it every night maybe once or twice a week and I'm sure to dilute it so far I've seen benefits but it is not only aspirin I include Meth Blue and vitamin k2. I would not recommend brushing or eating immediately after doing this as it might weaken the enamel.

Also I think I need to dilute my formula more it is likely too concentrated. I'm going to be doing 500mg in 300ml in new version.

Havde

When I first thought of using Aspirin as a mouth wash I thought of the anti-inflammatory properties and that maybe it could be used to heal an inflamed gum.

That's why I searched for "aspirin mouthwash" @ RPF but then I find a thread like this instead. Interesting!

ddjd

I don't use it every night maybe once or twice a week and I'm sure to dilute it so far I've seen benefits but it is not only aspirin I include Meth Blue and vitamin k2. I would not recommend brushing or eating immediately after doing this as it might weaken the enamel.

Also I think I need to dilute my formula more it is likely too concentrated. I'm going to be doing 500mg in 300ml in new version.
3 years on soren. Any updates??

Matestube

When I first thought of using Aspirin as a mouth wash I thought of the anti-inflammatory properties and that maybe it could be used to heal an inflamed gum.

That's why I searched for "aspirin mouthwash" @ RPF but then I find a thread like this instead. Interesting!

Have you tried performing this mouthwash ?
That's a very interesting idea.

Philomath

They are using aspirin tablets dissolved in water for this study. It's swished in the mouth and spit out.

In this study, they found an aspirin gel to be more effective. If anyone has access to pubmed, maybe you can look at the methods section and let us know what the "gel" includes.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
3 years on soren. Any updates??
Still no cavities. Going to add vitamin D also after a study I heard from Haidut on Danny roddy's recent podcast.

I should note that I don't use it everyday

Healthseeker

This is an older study
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v17/n12/full/nm.2542.html?foxtrotcallback=true

Stem cell–based regenerative medicine is a promising approach in tissue reconstruction. Here we show that proinflammatory T cells inhibit the ability of exogenously added bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (BMMSCs) to mediate bone repair. This inhibition is due to interferon γ(IFN-γ)–induced downregulation of the runt-related transcription factor 2 (Runx-2) pathway and enhancement of tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α) signaling in the stem cells. We also found that, through inhibition of nuclear factor κB (NF-κB), TNF-α converts the signaling of the IFN-γ–activated, nonapoptotic form of TNF receptor superfamily member 6 (Fas) in BMMSCs to a caspase 3– and caspase 8–associated proapoptotic cascade, resulting in the apoptosis of these cells. Conversely, reduction of IFN-γ and TNF-α concentrations by systemic infusion of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells, or by local administration of aspirin, markedly improved BMMSC-based bone regeneration and calvarial defect repair in C57BL/6 mice. These data collectively show a previously unrecognized role of recipient T cells in BMMSC-based tissue engineering.
I think this applies to what happens when your body responds to cancer and thats something important there about why healing factor slows.

ddjd

Still no cavities. Going to add vitamin D also after a study I heard from Haidut on Danny roddy's recent podcast.

I should note that I don't use it everyday
Interesting. Despite the acidity issue I did an experiment last night. I let 500mg aspirin tablet dissolve on the tongue and just let the mixture swish around my mouth for 30 minutes or so.
Afterwards I combined k2mk4 and vitamin d and did another separate mouthwash with just these two.

Today, Mouth and teeth definitely feel like they lost a layer, as in not at smooth feeling today. but I'm not getting any extra sensitivity. Enamel obviously won't grow back overnight but fingers crossed it'll help slowly.

Will report back after a few weeks and a few more attempts

Inaut

Interesting. Despite the acidity issue I did an experiment last night. I let 500mg aspirin tablet dissolve on the tongue and just let the mixture swish around my mouth for 30 minutes or so.
Afterwards I combined k2mk4 and vitamin d and did another separate mouthwash with just these two.

Today, Mouth and teeth definitely feel like they lost a layer, as in not at smooth feeling today. but I'm not getting any extra sensitivity. Enamel obviously won't grow back overnight but fingers crossed it'll help slowly.

Please do. Thanks :)

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

I should note that i greatly reduced the amount of aspirin i use. 75 mg per 100ml

ddjd

@Soren @Inaut

Hey guys. I definitely think it's having a positive effect on teeth health. I'm not noticing any damage and I feel like my teeth are actually less sensitive - so I'm going to continue with this, and hopefully see some substantial improvement over time.

I had another idea .

ASPIRIN + sodium bicarbonate = sodium salicylate.

In many studies @haidut has quoted its just as effective as regular aspirin.

I wonder if that might be a better option for a mouthwash with all the same positive effects on teeth, without the acidity!

Inaut

@Soren @Inaut

Hey guys. I definitely think it's having a positive effect on teeth health. I'm not noticing any damage and I feel like my teeth are actually less sensitive - so I'm going to continue with this, and hopefully see some substantial improvement over time.

I had another idea .

I wonder if that might be a better option for a mouthwash with all the same positive effects on teeth, without the acidity!

I'm currently brushing my teeth with baking soda & clove/peppermint oil and my teeth are very clean. I might add in some powdered aspirin into the mix if your experiment continues to go well :)

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I'm currently brushing my teeth with baking soda & clove/peppermint oil and my teeth are very clean. I might add in some powdered aspirin into the mix if your experiment continues to go well :)

Aspirin can be quite abrasive and acidic so be careful using it as a toothpaste, personally I think having a diluted mouthwash is the best way to go.

Inaut

Aspirin can be quite abrasive and acidic so be careful using it as a toothpaste, personally I think having a diluted mouthwash is the best way to go.
Noted. Thank you for the tip

Inaut

@Soren @Inaut
I had another idea .

I just made a solution of 1/8 teaspoon of aspirin powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 150ml of distilled water. After it reacted I added a drop of clove oil. Feels good on teeth.