Aspirin Cessation Causes Wipeout

steel_reserve

My last experiment was with a small dose of aspirin in the afternoon and again before bed.

I did not notice any effects other than a slight increase in bruising.

The day after is stopped the aspirin experiment, I had zero energy. My legs felt heavy.

Any theories on why that would happen?

Jon

My last experiment was with a small dose of aspirin in the afternoon and again before bed.

I did not notice any effects other than a slight increase in bruising.

The day after is stopped the aspirin experiment, I had zero energy. My legs felt heavy.

Any theories on why that would happen?

May be late to give you insight but I had a similar experience on a low dose aspirin.

Aspirins effects are pretty complex but to summarize it is extremely effective at halting stress hormone production, and in my experience reducing already circulating levels (adrenaline/cortisol) and when you have a metabolism primarily driven by stress hormones (fat oxidation) and take aspirin you effectively ***t off your bodies primary metabolism and are left with only thyroid pathway metabolism to run on (sugar oxidation) which in the case of a chronically stressed hypothyroid person is severely lacking so you're left with cold extremities, extreme lethargy/fatigue, low heart rate, low temp, ect.

My experience was I felt weak, cold, lost vascularity and got overall tired. After cessation the following evening I slept for 13hrs which I have insomnia and sleep maintenance issues so it all fell in line with me having a major decrease in stress hormones and my thyroid kicking in but because it's weak I felt terrible.

Aspirin is truly powerful stuff and probably best left to use during thyroid hormone supplementation to assure once the stress metabolism is turned off there is adequate sugarless oxidation capacity to take over metabolism without the washout feeling like you experienced.

I'm still in my experimental phase with supplementation and diet to increase thyroid output while decreasing stress hormones but some things I really found useful so far is 500mg niacinamide with plenty of carbs (50-100g of carbs) and 200mg B1 brought my temps up, raised my pulse and calmed me down a TON. Niacinamide seems to have similar affects to aspirin but isn't so aggressive that it leaves you feeling like a zombie when you are chronically stressed.

Another thing that seemed to help is plane ol' cane sugar at around 20g in my coffee or in my casein shake. Seems to be one of the few things that really heats up my feet. I am not the biggest advocate of just tons of fructose and sucrose but nothing has had this warming effect like cane sugar has with the exception of white potatoes fried in a skillet with alil tallow. I like starch a lot and don't believe it needs to be nixed just moderated.

Hope this helps!