Aspirin & Caffeine/Coffee Jitters

thyrulian

BC powder (1 packet throughout the day) nigh obliterates them for me, even with the extra caffeine which I normally wouldn't be able to tolerate.

A funny & interesting, delightfully welcome effect. Anyone else?

OP
thyrulian

thyrulian

Interesting. When you say jitters does that include anxiety or agitation?
Yes!

I thought about that too, and it was striking because nothing else can ameliorate it like that except lots of glycine, but even that's iffy somehow.

DaveFoster

PGE2 has a lot of nasty effects, particularly in the brain.

Aspirin effectively opposes PGE2.

Here are some quotes from Aspirin: More Than Just a Painkiller

"The unsaturated fats, which includes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids upregulate both cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase, which leads to prostaglandin synthesis and greater oxygen and nitrogen free radicals.[1] While the free radicals initiate the growth of tumors, cyclooxegenase, (specifically COX-2) upregulates prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).[2] Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) stimulates aromatase expression in stromal, or connective tissue cells..."[3]

"...aspirin inhibits mucosal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2)."[4]

"Nitric oxide (NO) activates cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase, which create large quantities of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and leukotrienes; nitric oxide (NO) leads to widespread inflammation throughout every organ system, particularly the brain."[5]

[1] Harris RE, Robertson FM, Abou-Issa HM, Farrar WB, Brueggemeier R. Genetic induction and upregulation of cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase (CYP19): an extension of the dietary fat hypothesis of breast cancer. Medical Hypotheses. 1999 Apr 1;52(4):291–2.

[2] The unsaturated fats, which includes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids upregulate both cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase; consequent prostaglandin synthesis leads to greater oxygen and nitrogen free radicals, which begins the formation of tumors, form

[3] Noble LS, Takayama K, Zeitoun KM, Putman JM, Johns DA, Hinshelwood MM, et al. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates aromatase expression in endometriosis-derived stromal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997 Feb;82(2):600–6.

[4] Takeuchi K, Hase S, Mizoguchi H, Komoike Y, Tanaka A. Protection by aspirin of indomethacin-induced small intestinal damage in rats: mediation by salicylic acid. J Physiol Paris. 2001 Dec;95(1–6):51–7.

[5] McCann SM, Licinio J, Wong ML, Yu WH, Karanth S, Rettorri V. The nitric oxide hypothesis of aging. Exp Gerontol. 1998 Dec;33(7–8):813–26.

OP
thyrulian

thyrulian

PGE2 has a lot of nasty effects, particularly in the brain.

Aspirin effectively opposes PGE2.

Here are some quotes from Aspirin: More Than Just a Painkiller

"The unsaturated fats, which includes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids upregulate both cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase, which leads to prostaglandin synthesis and greater oxygen and nitrogen free radicals.[1] While the free radicals initiate the growth of tumors, cyclooxegenase, (specifically COX-2) upregulates prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).[2] Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) stimulates aromatase expression in stromal, or connective tissue cells..."[3]

"...aspirin inhibits mucosal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2)."[4]

"Nitric oxide (NO) activates cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase, which create large quantities of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and leukotrienes; nitric oxide (NO) leads to widespread inflammation throughout every organ system, particularly the brain."[5]

[1] Harris RE, Robertson FM, Abou-Issa HM, Farrar WB, Brueggemeier R. Genetic induction and upregulation of cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase (CYP19): an extension of the dietary fat hypothesis of breast cancer. Medical Hypotheses. 1999 Apr 1;52(4):291–2.

[2] The unsaturated fats, which includes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids upregulate both cyclooxygenase (COX) and aromatase; consequent prostaglandin synthesis leads to greater oxygen and nitrogen free radicals, which begins the formation of tumors, form

[3] Noble LS, Takayama K, Zeitoun KM, Putman JM, Johns DA, Hinshelwood MM, et al. Prostaglandin E2 stimulates aromatase expression in endometriosis-derived stromal cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997 Feb;82(2):600–6.

[4] Takeuchi K, Hase S, Mizoguchi H, Komoike Y, Tanaka A. Protection by aspirin of indomethacin-induced small intestinal damage in rats: mediation by salicylic acid. J Physiol Paris. 2001 Dec;95(1–6):51–7.

[5] McCann SM, Licinio J, Wong ML, Yu WH, Karanth S, Rettorri V. The nitric oxide hypothesis of aging. Exp Gerontol. 1998 Dec;33(7–8):813–26.
Thanks for the info!

Heh, coffee intolerance remedied just like that. I think I may even need more caffeine so the aspirin doesn't knock me out.

Inflammatory state, re-revealed.

Jsaute21

Why does Caffeine consumption in a considerable dose lead to anger for me? I assume it has to do with being hypo metabolic but it is strange. It seems to bring out underlying anxiety/insecurity/anger that i am very good at harnessing when not caffeinated. Usually a 200 MG caffeine pill only elevates mood, but if i have over 2 cups of coffee, I am almost always fairly angry and sex drive drops off.

Waynish

I really don't think caffeine is good for everyone. I don't see the evidence for it. I've gotten healthy enough that I can handle coffee - when I could not before at all. Now if I drink a cup of coffee 3 days in a row, then I will always get a severe nosebleed around the 3rd day. I've never gotten a nosebleed otherwise. (Yes, this is very high quality coffee - and has been tested on more than one type.)
I think this community should consider that not everyone has the same pathway for caffeine metabolism.

OP
thyrulian

thyrulian

Why does Caffeine consumption in a considerable dose lead to anger for me? I assume it has to do with being hypo metabolic but it is strange. It seems to bring out underlying anxiety/insecurity/anger that i am very good at harnessing when not caffeinated. Usually a 200 MG caffeine pill only elevates mood, but if i have over 2 cups of coffee, I am almost always fairly angry and sex drive drops off.
Could be due the glycine antagonism, downregulating 5-ar activity?

OP
thyrulian

thyrulian

I really don't think caffeine is good for everyone. I don't see the evidence for it. I've gotten healthy enough that I can handle coffee - when I could not before at all. Now if I drink a cup of coffee 3 days in a row, then I will always get a severe nosebleed around the 3rd day. I've never gotten a nosebleed otherwise. (Yes, this is very high quality coffee - and has been tested on more than one type.)
I think this community should consider that not everyone has the same pathway for caffeine metabolism.
I got my first nose bleed in years with oral MitoLipin (vit E).

Caffeine is a blood thinner as well, apparently.

Amazoniac

Yes, stole your title. Hope you don't mind. :angelic:
No, that's just the song that played as you finally announced the creation of the beast: I didn't want to ask you about it to avoid being one of those kids that ask their parents every 5 minutes if they're arriving at their destination.
There are a few italians that might write you a good foreword, in case you need one..

For those that are confused: Book Ideas

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals