Aspirin Binds To PPARα To Stimulate Hippocampal Plasticity And Protect Memory

Kingpinguin

Thank you so much @Sativa. I think I'll try 1g and see how that goes. I don't think psychedelic is a wise goal in this case but brain reset sounds promising. I wonder about potential for helping PTSD then. Will read more closely.

interesting. Im interested in trying agmatine. Is agmatin sulphate the go to? Or is there any other form of it? Im curious about the brain benefits. Noticed anything particular on that mark?

SQu

Have you considered using Palmitoylethanolamide? It's a safe & perhaps somewhat more holsitic approach compared to Agmatine; it also induces Allopregnanolone synthesis

I've looked into it without success. For long and boring reasons I try to find a local supplier. I only found one and it was extremely expensive if I recall correctly. From time to time I revisit old wishlist items like that, will retry.

PTSD, from what i recall & gather, is centered around cortisol. Just use any anti-cortisol tool... Salicylic acid & Palmitoylethanolamide are some top solutions for PTSD, as both these substances do everything you want

I do give him aspirin. I stopped because of tinnitus but that is due to the endotoxin, like everything else he's going through, so I've restarted at 100- 250mg a day, hoping to sort out the gut and from there, the other symptoms.

interesting. Im interested in trying agmatine. Is agmatin sulphate the go to? Or is there any other form of it?

The only one I know of. I'd say it's calming, and it warms hands and feet so I think it's good to take at bedtime, seeing as it seems to be lowering stress hormones.

Sativa

Sufficient Magnesium levels is also of core relevance to PTSD-style scenarios.
Mg acts like a cushion for excess neuronal activity, as is the case with cortisol/stress induced adrenaline nerve activity.

SQu

I changed the magnesium from mg chloride to homemade mg acetate a while ago but recently fell behind in making it. I think I'll go back to the mg chloride for now. Thanks for that .

Sativa

I changed the magnesium from mg chloride to homemade mg acetate a while ago but recently fell behind in making it. I think I'll go back to the mg chloride for now. Thanks for that .
You could also do footbath in Mg (Sulphate?), i hear the soles of feet are ideal for Mg absorption

Kunstruct

Zinc supplementation (120mg twice daily) significantly increased DHT (19%), and also slightly increased testosterone (8%) in eugonadal men (490 to 750ng/dl), showing an upregulation of 5 alpha reductase even at a very high dose zinc. (30)
Zinc is also an aromatase inhibitor.
I should add that supplemental zinc does not increase T on a zinc sufficient diet.

But how many people lose libido on Zinc? Quite many, yet everyone talks about Zinc like it is only a Testosterone or libido booster ignoring the fact in many cases does the opposite.
I tired many doses and things only got worse, I can even get apathy. I have seen several theories so far which try to explain why libido is lost on Zinc, all quite very different from each other, which introduces a ton of possibilities.

Sativa

I tired many doses and things only got worse, I can even get apathy.
are you ignoring Zinc's notable pharmacological profile? It involves dopamine, gutamate & serotonin activity.
If I were to use Zinc, it'd be for its potent psychoactive stimulant properties.
There are no doubt more strategic alternatives for aromatase inhibition, that don't entail potent pharmacological (psychoactive) actions.

eg. Zinc works like amphetamine on the dopamine transporter, implying it reverses the transporter flow, which normally funnels Dopamine away from the synapse & into 'storage'.
Reversing flow pumps Dopamine into the synapse where it can activate all the dopamine receptors. (this is responsible for Zn induced nausea btw)

Zinc is also an AMPA agonist; NMDA anatagonist (aka glutamate blocker) - this action increases the 'performance' of the psychoactive Dopamine D2 receptor system. (all NMDA antagonists up-regulate the D2 system). NMDA antagonism also increases 5-HT1A binding/receptor function.

Serotonin activity:
Zinc may serve as a possible allosteric modulator of 5-HT1A receptors, capable of inhibiting both agonist and antagonist binding at relevant concentrations in the synapse (Prakash et al., 2015). Another way that zinc may interact with the serotonergic system is via the previously mentioned GPR39 receptor.
‎​
more info:
Zinc is a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor
The Emerging Role for Zinc in Depression and Psychosis

"AMPA agonist (which = BDNF release)
...complex interactions with 5-HT1A receptors (agonism and antagonist and pre and postsynaptic).
...zinc is an agonist for GPR39 activation and for mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin)
Inhibitory actions at nAChR (nicotinic cholinergic receptor)
GSK3β (glycogen synthase kinase 3beta)
NOS
(nitric oxide synthase)"​

Last edited:

Kunstruct

I am not trying to use Zinc for aromatase inhibition. I was only stating it's effect on me, either low dose, or massive doses like Hans talks about, 120mg x 2 daily.

Sativa

I was only stating it's effect on me, either low dose, or massive doses
Great - well now you, and more importantly anyone reading this, have direct insight into Zincs pharmacology which might help to explain peoples reactions to taking Zinc.

Does DXM has similar to ketamine antidepressive action?

Sativa

Does DXM has similar to ketamine antidepressive action?
DXM only shares 1 or 2 of Ketamine's 'anti-depressive' properties, not the main ones (like mTOR/GSK3 etc) as far as I can see.
DXM is more of an activator of opioid, serotonin HT1B/D & histamine H1 systems.

SQu

are you ignoring Zinc's notable pharmacological profile? It involves dopamine, gutamate & serotonin activity.
If I were to use Zinc, it'd be for its potent psychoactive stimulant properties.
There are no doubt more strategic alternatives for aromatase inhibition, that don't entail potent pharmacological (psychoactive) actions.

eg. Zinc works like amphetamine on the dopamine transporter, implying it reverses the transporter flow, which normally funnels Dopamine away from the synapse & into 'storage'.
Reversing flow pumps Dopamine into the synapse where it can activate all the dopamine receptors. (this is responsible for Zn induced nausea btw)

Zinc is also an AMPA agonist; NMDA anatagonist (aka glutamate blocker) - this action increases the 'performance' of the psychoactive Dopamine D2 receptor system. (all NMDA antagonists up-regulate the D2 system). NMDA antagonism also increases 5-HT1A binding/receptor function.

Serotonin activity:
Zinc may serve as a possible allosteric modulator of 5-HT1A receptors, capable of inhibiting both agonist and antagonist binding at relevant concentrations in the synapse (Prakash et al., 2015). Another way that zinc may interact with the serotonergic system is via the previously mentioned GPR39 receptor.
‎​
more info:
Zinc is a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor
The Emerging Role for Zinc in Depression and Psychosis

"AMPA agonist (which = BDNF release)
...complex interactions with 5-HT1A receptors (agonism and antagonist and pre and postsynaptic).
...zinc is an agonist for GPR39 activation and for mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin)
Inhibitory actions at nAChR (nicotinic cholinergic receptor)
GSK3β (glycogen synthase kinase 3beta)
NOS
(nitric oxide synthase)"​
Sounds promising for what my husband needs now. We were getting it in weekly oysters but that source has become unreliable. Going to look for tinned in the meantime, and cook beef mince. I'm looking for what, other than stress, has led to bad anxiety. I've added back the magnesium, looking for other gaps to plug, and working hard at lowering endotoxin.

Sativa

. I'm looking for what, other than stress, has led to bad anxiety.
The usual suspects? Everthing that is triggered by excess Cortsol & Estrogen - aka histamine, choline, dopamine, serotonin... All well known and various remedies/strategies are mentioned all over the forum. GABA will also be involved, since that is the main calming/dampening/quietening system. Acetylcholine will also be involved no doubt.

Zinc ions
are concentrated in the CNS and inhibit GABAA receptor function, which are pivotal mediators of inhibitory synaptic neurotransmission.​

Zinc might increase anxiety due to its significant pro-dopamine & GABA blocking/reducing properties... just fyi
If he's already anxious, throwing zinc, which is similar to a psycho-stimulant, might not be a psychologically valid idea?

Anxiety will be caused by involvement of the following:
- GABA blocking/antagonism
- likely histamine involved (hence the link between cannabis THC & anxiety)
- likely serotonin activation, likely suspects - HT2A, HT3. Possibly others. (HT1A activation dampens all other serotonin 'receptors')​

Lemon essential oil is a pretty well-known remedy for anxiety btw.

Last edited:

SQu

The usual suspects? Everthing that is triggered by excess Cortsol & Estrogen - aka histamine, choline, dopamine, serotonin... All well known and various remedies/strategies are mentioned all over the forum. GABA will also be involved, since that is the main calming/dampening/quietening system. Acetylcholine will also be involved no doubt.

Zinc ions
are concentrated in the CNS and inhibit GABAA receptor function, which are pivotal mediators of inhibitory synaptic neurotransmission.​

Zinc might increase anxiety due to its significant pro-dopamine & GABA blocking/reducing properties... just fyi
If he's already anxious, throwing zinc, which is similar to a psycho-stimulant, might not be a psychologically valid idea?
I'll bear that in mind about the zinc, thanks. He's been under great stress, 'inescapable', the kind Ray says leads to learned helplessness and giving up. I've been revisiting the basics, which includes noting that we've had less regular weekly oysters and also liver due to supply problems. Being reminded of the magnesium that had also lapsed. I'm observing constantly and today remembered that more cyproheptadine (12 mg not the usual 4) a few days ago gave a slight uptick in responsiveness. Also today I thought to give some t3 as his symptoms also resemble torpor, and indeed he is less 'blank', the next level seems to be restless anxiety again, but on balance I think he's more 'present' this way. He will see another doc, a psychiatrist, in the next day or two because I'm throwing everything at this. Here's a list... Long and getting longer ... But it may help someone else out there because it is helping (predating this by a few weeks was a gall bladder attack, ultrasound showed gall stones, fatty and fibrotic liver but not worse than last health crisis in 2010, (also in a weight loss phase like then) some prostate enlargement (no symptoms), so I am assuming a connection and working on liver and gall bladder and digestion and endotoxin too):

Limonene 1/4tsp. Olive oil half a shot glass. Ashwaghanda 20 drops oregano 4 drops. Liv52 (Himalaya) 2 tablets. Chinaherb wen Dan tang 2 tablets. Chancre piedra 2tablets. With apple juice. B3 50mg, B2 ", B1 100mg, All of this twice a day, the b3 three times. Bedtime cipla actin and clonidine, 1-2-3-4 of each depending on need. 250mg aspirin. Also glycine and taurine. Also some of my progesterone. Also homemade milkshakes (oj, fat free milk, home made ice cream, and sugar) 3 hourly.

At the same time and for same reasons I have developed digestion issues that were no longer manageable by usual means, and so have been taking all the same things except the herbal tablets mentioned, and am much better and would be a very happy person but for his State.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals