Aspirin as a cause of Crohn’s

LuMonty

Staying in trend with Current Year, when I need aspirin, I identify as a horse. So I go to a store that has animal products like the local Tractor Supply.

Kidding aside, wherever you get it, I use Aniprin F. The only difference from other Aniprin in letter is F-type has molasses, which imo helps cut the acidity. The other letters are for different animals but I don't recall which is which. Scoop size is also different depending on the animal. It's a large amount of powder aspirin, 2.5 pound container (1136G). I think it was $25 or so and I've seen it in 16oz size too. Oh, and it's USP purity! There's another brand, NeoGen I think. It's also USP but has sugar and apple flavor. Those are just two examples I could get, but Tractor Supply has delivery now so I'd wonder if people not near a store could easily order some.

Orome

Forum Supporter
Wow I have never seen an Aspirin product with so many toxic additives, even the enteric coated ones. What is this even good for again? Protecting your gut lining? Well it seems it's again the opposite of what they tell us.
Just use plain Aspirin with the usual corn starch and I would bet you're fine.

Atman

Example Aspirin tablet:

"Inactive ingredients":
black iron oxide, brown iron oxide, carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, methacrylic acid copolymer type C, polysorbate 80, powdered cellulose, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, triacetin, triethyl citrate
"Inactive" Lmao
You can't make this stuff up.
At least they were so honest and included that minor information.

Jennifer

Thank you for the aspirin suggestions, @Vileplume, @Lollipop2 and @LuMonty. I’ve been searching for aspirin without junk excipients and never thought to check Tractor Supply. Smart!