Aspirin (and paracetamol's) effects on sleep

Dan W

I'm mostly posting this study in hopes someone has the full text, since I can't make much of it from the abstract:
How pain and analgesics disturb sleep.

It's described here as concluding:
In a study by Onen, paracetamol had a beneficial effect on sleep quality even in patients free of pain, whereas aspirin and ibuprofen had a negative effect (increased SL, increased awakenings, decreased SWS).
I'm curious about the dosages, adaptation time, and the magnitude of the effects.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

goodandevil said:
post 118534 I just read it's good for sleep apnea, too.
Huh, that's interesting. I don't know if this is the study you're referring to, but the effects are pretty dramatic. It's also interesting that "relative partitioning of sleep stages were not affected by aspirin." Perhaps the very high (8-10g) dose helps preserve that somehow?

But of course, "high-dose salicylate cannot be recommended as a treatment for this disorder."

Last edited by a moderator:

sladerunner69

8-10g of aspirin would surely cause stomach ulcers or, at the very least, severe IBS... unless you take the recommended 10 bucks worth of thorne k2 per day (which alone could cause diaherrea)... I never understood how some guys could handle such high dosages of aspirin....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals