Aspirin And Hypertrophy

Mori68

Does taking aspirin daily blunt the hypertrophy response to resistance training?

I take aspiring 325mg daily.

Should I take it on non-training days to maximise the benefits but minimise the effect on hypertophy?

opethfeldt

I haven't noticed any negative effects on hypertrophy but it can't hurt to not take it on days you train if you're worried about it.

olive

Avoid taking anti inflammatories for a few hours before and after training. So if you do deadlifts in the morning wait at least until lunch time to take your aspirin/vitamin c/etc.

YourUniverse

I think the inflammation theory of hypertrophy is similar to the inflammation theory of wound healing, the latter being basically a myth (that inflammation is required for wound healing). I'd be willing to bet aspirin is a driver of progress, not a hindrance to it, all things considered.

Only high dosages from 600mg of aspirin will reduce prostaglandin E2 via COX significantly and that may affect inflammation of the muscle tissue.
But super-compensition in muscle growth is seen around 96 hours after training, for an average 30-er.

Aaron

I am tapering off of aspirin after taking 325mg/day for 4 weeks and I seem to be doing better. My main indicators for my level of hypertrophy are pump size and pump duration. I will come back and edit this if I don't notice an improvement once totally off the aspirin.

Israelibacon

Have you noticed any improvement?

For the past two weeks, I have been taking 3-6g of glycine with 650mg of Aspirin. I'm a powerlifter, and I have not really seen any discernible hindrance.

I take aspirin for the reduction in stress hormones. I received blood tests showing high cortisol and high ACTH.

brix

Has anyone noticed flatter muscles and no soreness after exercise while taking aspirin?

I just started aspirin and vit k complex and feel like my body is burning through muscle. I’ve upped calories big time too. My exercise regimen has not changed and I haven’t lost strength? Just size. Any ideas?

Tbone107

Avoid taking anti inflammatories for a few hours before and after training. So if you do deadlifts in the morning wait at least until lunch time to take your aspirin/vitamin c/etc.
I generally take vitamin c before training to lower cortisol during the workout. So this would be bad for hypertrophy?

ShotTrue

Has anyone noticed flatter muscles and no soreness after exercise while taking aspirin?

I just started aspirin and vit k complex and feel like my body is burning through muscle. I’ve upped calories big time too. My exercise regimen has not changed and I haven’t lost strength? Just size. Any ideas?
Sounds anti-hypertrophic

Tbone107

I have felt less of a pump during and after training while peating.

Inaut

I'm confused....wasn't aspirin used in the preworkout stack ECA for years? I take aspirin with caffeine and niacinamide in the morning and quite like it. My pumps are pretty good although i have only been back on it for the last two weeks.

ShotTrue

I'm confused....wasn't aspirin used in the preworkout stack ECA for years? I take aspirin with caffeine and niacinamide in the morning and quite like it. My pumps are pretty good although i have only been back on it for the last two weeks.
Isn't that for fatloss? I have no right to say anything with certainty but it seems aspirin inhibits gains and can lower test overtime

Inaut

yes it is for fat loss....i guess its back to niacinamide and caffeine on the regular and aspirin on the occassion then. That to OP for this thread

Hans

Forum Supporter
Only 81mg was used in the ECA stack so really small.

Other things to lower cortisol and prevent overtraining are glycine, HMB (most effective when protein intake is below 2.2g/kg/BW), ashwagandha, phosphatidylserine, gonadin perhaps, ATP, low PUFA diet and creatine.

MatheusPN

Only 81mg was used in the ECA stack so really small.

Other things to lower cortisol and prevent overtraining are glycine, HMB (most effective when protein intake is below 2.2g/kg/BW), ashwagandha, phosphatidylserine, gonadin perhaps, ATP, low PUFA diet and creatine.
Gonadin certainly! I broke all my records in the three different exercises I perform in a drastic way, that in second use. Some exercise that would leave me sore for 2, 4 days now only 1 at most 2.5...

Edited to respond back to @Hans
I have much to thank you for your beautiful understanding of studies, you taught me a lot! For your site. For making me break and maintaining apart my plateaus in muscle, gains principally in size

If you like 3 drops pansterone and 2 androsterone, I recommend that if it is to be used in combo with gonadin, start with
3 drops pan, 3 andro and 3 gonadin or
2 drops pan, 3 andro and 3 gonadin
Gonadin is better allied with Andro than with Pan, for me
Considering my short experience with gonadin

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Gonadin certainly! I broke all my records in the three different exercises I perform in a drastic way, that in second use. Some exercise that would leave me sore for 2, 4 days now only 1 at most 2.5...
Sweet. I'm going to order it soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals