Ashwagandha?

TreasureVibe

What are your opinions on Ashwagandha? It possesses strong anti-cortisol effects, and it regulates thyroid function, the latter I find kind of scary, but perhaps for one-time doses it could be useful for its anti-cortisol effect. Is it safe?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

One of my favorites ! Very energizing for me.
No thyroid troubles with it?

have you had your 24 hour cortisol checked? are you sure they are high?
Nope, but I've used a 500 mg dose before and felt so relaxed, unwinded and un-stressed the next day. And I have been stressed alot lately due to work. My throat did hurt though, so I thought that was my thyroid..

B-styles

Nope. And it's not the stimulation I get from cortisol so I know it's not that

Tarmander

Of all the herbs I have looked at, Ashwag seems like it has the least likely chance of hurting you. I think it is generally safe to mess around with in reasonable doses, you can take it at night which is kind of cool, and I have tried it in different thyroid formulas, by itself, etc.

Momado965

When I use it I always end up with heigher temps. I enjoy it very much.

Nicole W.

What are your opinions on Ashwagandha? It possesses strong anti-cortisol effects, and it regulates thyroid function, the latter I find kind of scary, but perhaps for one-time doses it could be useful for its anti-cortisol effect. Is it safe?

Thanks!
I used it daily for about 3 years to up regulate my thyroid function and bring down anxiety. It was a life saver for me and I loved it. After a while I started to notice it caused heartburn and discovered it’s a nightshade. Nightshades can cause digestive issues for some people. So if you have a sensitivity to nightshades it might not be a good choice. I think I developed a sensitivity to this herb because I used it for so long. I now have sensitivity to other nightshades as well, like peppers whereas before I didn’t. Cautionary tale. However, I believe that this herb has been demonstrated to be relatively safe. Ayurvedic medicine has used it for 4000 years, so I would give it a go as long as you have no nightshade sensitivity.

mt_dreams

I used it daily for about 3 years to up regulate my thyroid function and bring down anxiety. It was a life saver for me and I loved it. After a while I started to notice it caused heartburn and discovered it’s a nightshade. Nightshades can cause digestive issues for some people. So if you have a sensitivity to nightshades it might not be a good choice. I think I developed a sensitivity to this herb because I used it for so long. I now have sensitivity to other nightshades as well, like peppers whereas before I didn’t. Cautionary tale. However, I believe that this herb has been demonstrated to be relatively safe. Ayurvedic medicine has used it for 4000 years, so I would give it a go as long as you have no nightshade sensitivity.

someone i know who is a practitioner of ayurvedic once told me to always cycle medicinal herbs. it could be short term like 5 days on, 2 days off, to 2 months on, 2 weeks off. i assume the different medicines, or state of ones body would dictate the on off cycle. taking in herbs without cycling increases the chances of a problem occurring.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Thank you for sharing your experience!

SOMO

Ashwaganda is a Nightshade, so it can theoretically trigger those sensitivities in some people (joint issues, indigestion, GERD, etc.)

Dr. Peat told me that it's cholinergic, and should be avoided.
"RAY PEAT: The brain processes that allow learning and intelligent behavior, the cholinergic nerves of the brain are very important in that, as well as the serotonin, adrenaline

00:12:50 > (several other types of nerves have to be functioning). But several types of evidence made doctors concentrate on the loss of the cholinergic system. If you stimulate the cholinergic nerves, you can improve learning and behavior; but if you aren't increasing energy to keep up with that increased stimulation, you put the cell in a stress between having to work harder, but not having the fuel to do it. So if your cortisol is high, for example, interfering with your ability to use sugar, or if your blood sugar is simply low and you are being stimulated, then the cell tends to die. https://l-i-g-h-t.com/transcript-375
"
[edit:]
Withanolide A [aswagandha] has direct molecular docking onto acetylcholinesterase where it can inhibit its function, but the concentration required to inhibit half of the enzyme activity is very high and may not apply to oral supplementation of these molecules; despite that, the basic water root extract has shown mild inhibitory activity in rodents
damn nestedqoutes

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals