Ashwagandha?

Reaper242xx

I've read from several different sites that ashwagandha is a good supplement that supports adrenal health and T4 production. I've never heard Peat mention anything about it though. Is it useful or just a waist of time?

Constatine

I have a lot of experience with it. It has its uses but can increase serotonin quite dramatically for some. It is very anabolic (and possibly androgenic) and calming. Its worth a try but be cautious with the serotonin side effects.

Sepulchrave

Peat said that it was cholinergic, therefore not something to be used often. I noticed that it slowed my cognition, speech the next morning. It was the opposite of a nootropic.

ddjd

Peat said that it was cholinergic, therefore not something to be used often. I noticed that it slowed my cognition, speech the next morning. It was the opposite of a nootropic.
Why does peat not like choline?

Steene

Ashwagandha makes me apathetic, anhedonic, unemotional just like a zombie. The androgenic effects are relatively strong for example higher strength output, but it's just not worth it there are other better options which don't turn you in something which is not human anymore.

It didn't really mater how strong the dosage is it's more like a hit or miss.

B-styles

Few weeks of taking it has been positive for me so take that for what it's worth. Worth trying and play with doseage as that matters !

-Higher libido
-Physical energy
-More centered

Constatine

It seems extremely hit and miss with people. Those of you who have success what extracts do you use? What products?

OP
R

Reaper242xx

Thanks for all the insight guys. I decided to give it a shot a few days ago, haven't noticed anything substantial yet. Due to it's thyroid enhancing properties I did lay off the desiccated thyroid I've been taking, just until I know how it'll affect me.

Arrade

Took my first 600 mg dose and immediately feel apathy. Serotonin hits me too hard, good waste of money!

OP
R

Reaper242xx

Took my first 600 mg dose and immediately feel apathy. Serotonin hits me too hard, good waste of money!
Greetings, yeah I tried it and got inconsistent results myself. Don't know why, maybe the serotonin, but my desiccated thyroid works much better.

Frankdee20

It is a nightshade plant, like tobacco, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, and others. Each of which has effects on acetylcholine. Ashwaganda is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor primarily, and effects 5ht1A, and 5ht2A as well. It’s purported to lower cortisol, and raise GABA but not the best herb for this. I didn’t like the effects, I did not use the KSM 66. It increased agitation for me.

jpgio

Ashwagandha gives me great effects. It gives me a calm and balanced feeling. Definitely potent anabolic effects too. Im surprised to see so many people getting negative effects from it.

Frankdee20

Ashwagandha gives me great effects. It gives me a calm and balanced feeling. Definitely potent anabolic effects too. Im surprised to see so many people getting negative effects from it.

It shifts the balance away from 5ht1A over to the 2A. Something like that.

Makrosky

Plants like ashwagandha that come from the ayurvedic tradition have been used in formulas normally. Also in traditional chinese medicine. So the herbs in the formula balance the possible negative effects of the other herbs and synergize.

Anecdotally I have read on the past people having success using a combination of ashwagandha and rhodiola although this is not a traditional combination.

Frankdee20

Almost all of these herbs inhibit acetylcholinesterase. In addition to their other purported mechanism in the brain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals