Ashwagandha + Dopaminergic

Ron J

Hello
If I use a dopaminergic supplement and ashwagandha, would I get the positive benefits of both by nullifying the elevation of serotonin from ashwagandha?

OP
R

Ron J

Has anyone experimented with the two, or has any data?

OP
R

Ron J

Alright, thanks.
I'm not sure if it'll have drastic negative effects; if anything, I'm probably tanking estrogen, serotonin & prolactin with all the stuff I take. I'll see if anyone else chimes in before I make a decision.

OP
R

Ron J

I'm going to try 1,500mg, of which 500mg will be topical. Is that too much or enough?

B-styles

1500 mg is still a good dose then. I take 1/4 tsp whole powder form (non extract) and notice results. 1/4 tsp is around 1500

jpgio

Never had a serotonin effect from ashwagandha before. I had the exact opposite actually. Improved my digestion obliterated all feelings of learned helplessness. It is a great herb!

Frankdee20

Ashwaganda does effect 5ht1a signaling and 5ht2a as well. It’s also an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, as are most of these herbs. It’s linked to GABA receptors somehow. Don’t think it will augment DA on it’s own. Only Flowering Quince and Catuaba Bark are legit Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors. Rhodiola is Dopaminergic to some extent.

BigChad

Ashwaganda does effect 5ht1a signaling and 5ht2a as well. It’s also an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, as are most of these herbs. It’s linked to GABA receptors somehow. Don’t think it will augment DA on it’s own. Only Flowering Quince and Catuaba Bark are legit Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitors. Rhodiola is Dopaminergic to some extent.

So does ashwaganda raise serotonin or lower it. Is it worth taking 600mg ksm 66 every other day

Spartan300

All of these 'pro adrogenic' herbs I've tried seem to work in reverse for me (ashwaganda, ginseng, rhodiola) and have a negative libido effect. I wish I knew why.

The only exception that had a pro libido/weight lifting benefit effect was a smilax officianalis supplement I took around 30yrs ago. It worked that one time and then nothing since. Creatine was the same come to think about it...

Momado965

Never had a serotonin effect from ashwagandha before. I had the exact opposite actually. Improved my digestion obliterated all feelings of learned helplessness. It is a great herb!

What was your dose and what brand?