CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ashton Kutcher Took 5AR Inhibitor For HairLoss (Avodart)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Health Discussions' started by mayweatherking, Aug 5, 2018.

1. mayweatherking

mayweatherking Member

Pretty interesting. It makes sense based on how he looks.. I noticed people who take finasteride, they tend to stop aging, I don't know the mechanism, but it they look the same as when they took it. It makes me think Jared Leto is taking a 5ar2 inhibitor as well.

Ashton got off it though.. looks like the sexual sides caught up with him, but he doesn't say so, but I can assume that's what happened.

2. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

I guess his DHT is beginning to rise again in old age...............................

3. Murtaza

Murtaza Member

I cant even begin to imagine how many people must have seen this and fallen for it. He's "heavily testosteronated" you know...

4. brix

brix Member

Looks fine to me.

5. ilikecats

ilikecats Member

Lol at that video. “autism is everywhere” (paraphrasing peat poorly)

6. boxers

boxers Member

my doctor only uses topical finasteride, very effective yet no horrible side effects.

7. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    This is interesting, because I was experimenting with Ketocanazole shampoo (5alpha inhibitor) and could tell immediately was not for me.

8. boxers

boxers Member

I use a KETO shampoo 2-3 a week. He said he hasn't noticed any side from topical but has a lot of patients who been screwed up from finasteride

9. boxers

boxers Member

The only thing i would add would be topical Minoxidil / Azelaic acid. I wont be going near topical fin. no matter what. I still think there can be side effects, although not as pronounced as taking the oral, but i think its still has potential.

10. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

I'm calling this, I genuinely think Kutcher and Conan were paid do this little section of the interview. He name drops the drug, talks about how great it is etc. Conan looks extremely bored during this "story." The celebrities on Conan usually have good stories that are funny, I don't see any humour or benefit in Kutcher telling this story at all. It feels forced. He specifically says "avodart" instead of something like "I started taking a pill/ taking a drug my doctor gave me etc" Kutcher also drags out for too long how the drug works to get it more air time. He didn't need to go into the whole testosterone, DHT thing, did he? I feel the story would've been the same he if had said "I started taking a drug and it fixed my hair loss, I had to stop when we wanted kids, thankfully I've made myself into a baseball cap guy."

Conan usually gets very excited and almost manic when talking with his guests, interrupting them with little jokes etc, while in this bit, while he does interrupt, it doesn't seem in his "manic" style and I said before, he looks bored by it all, when they're talking about the drug. Towards the end of the clip when they go off on a tangent and not "promoting the drug" It begins to feel natural again, Conan starts to become himself, with his manic impressions. It also seems a very strange lead to the question, "I have to complement your hair." Conan interviews hundreds of guys with great hair and never mentions it?

11. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Good call. It is very weird, Avodart's official use is for treatment of BPH, not hair loss. It's not finasteride either, it's dutrasteride. which makes the name dropping and the claim that it is "like a finasteride" even more suspicious. Maybe we'll be seeing a big push soon for Avodart to treat or prevent hair loss? And as bad as finasteride is, I believe the side effects of dutasteride is even worse. Woman aren't even supposed to touch dutasteride pills such as Avodart, due to the rick of a certain type of birth defect.

12. encerent

encerent Member

His twin brother looks much older than him. You think 5AR makes people age slower?
    [​IMG]

13. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    He doesn’t look heavily testosteroneated

14. OP
    mayweatherking

mayweatherking Member

yeah but not in a good way obviously, i think it downregulates all the hormones so maybe that's why? i honestly don't know, but it reminds me of how andy milanakis seems to look the same age, so maybe it's less growth hormone, i dont know if thats the case with 5ar2 inhibitors though

15. General Orange

General Orange Member

Seems genuine. typical trust your "hair guy doctor" giving you hair grow stuff but don't do research yourself syndrome.

16. ilikecats

ilikecats Member

@mayweatherking ashton hogged all the glucose when he was in the womb...

17. Arrade

Arrade Member

What would make you think Ashton is on synthetic test? He’s not a muscular guy.

Yes some men stop aging since it lowers DHT which is responsible for secondary sexual characteristics. Some even start to lose body hair, muscle, and bone structure.
    I believe it tho because Ashton also discussed this with Jax? Kristin Belle’s husband on his podcast.

Honestly I’m watching the ranch he seems more confident and like the DHT is catching up to him (not in a hair way)

18. Arrade

Arrade Member

He’s actually really smart and was going to become a biologist to help research his bro’s condition.
    I imagine 10-15 years ago when your career is on the line you go for the strongest most recent thing

19. Amberlense

Amberlense Member

I think this so often lol.

20. Sexypizza

Sexypizza Member

Dont you have PFS or something? I'm surprised you're saying this.