Ascorbic Acid Vs. Buffered

Frankdee20

So I can't find a Quali C version of mineral ascorbates, so I take plain Acid version. I take about one or two grams daily. Sometimes when I also take Aspirin, this Acid hurts my tummy. How do I know I'm not burning holes in the lining ? Especially with Coffee and Alcohol use.

tankasnowgod

So I can't find a Quali C version of mineral ascorbates, so I take plain Acid version. I take about one or two grams daily. Sometimes when I also take Aspirin, this Acid hurts my tummy. How do I know I'm not burning holes in the lining ? Especially with Coffee and Alcohol use.

I'd think it unlikely that you are burning holes in your stomach lining, as the HCL in your stomach has a much lower pH. That said, many people do buffer aspirin and ascorbic acid with baking soda. You can also get sodium ascorbate, or calcium ascorbate to use as Vitamin C.

As for strengthening the GI tract, I upped gelatin consumption to about 40-50 grams a day (had been getting about 10 grams previously), and noticed a vast improvement within a couple weeks.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I'd think it unlikely that you are burning holes in your stomach lining, as the HCL in your stomach has a much lower pH. That said, many people do buffer aspirin and ascorbic acid with baking soda. You can also get sodium ascorbate, or calcium ascorbate to use as Vitamin C.

As for strengthening the GI tract, I upped gelatin consumption to about 40-50 grams a day (had been getting about 10 grams previously), and noticed a vast improvement within a couple weeks.

Is glycine really the reason gelatin helps ? Glycine helps increase collagen ? Glutamine helps tummy lining also

Kray

@Frankdee20 I'm not sure if you ever found what you were looking for, but you could take a look at this product. Not pitching for them, but I have taken their products, and they are Quali-C.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals