Ascorbate And The Copper Hand-Off

The form of vitamin C I loathe is the liposomal form. It's supposed to make vitamin C easily absorbed into the cell. That would have been a positive thing, but the negative is that you're also introducing soy or sunflower-based PUFAs that come along with the phospholipids that come with lecithin. It's a tradeoff I don't want. When I used a liposomal vitamin C, I couldn't sleep the whole night as I was hungry from the PUFAs. It just wrecked my blood sugar balance. It was the first time I couldn't sleep the whole night. The people who promote vitamin C generally have no idea how bad PUFAs are, and so they sing praises about liposomal C.

Yeah, sure... 2gr pufas from the lipoC is such a terrific thing!!! you know, that people who promote it may be NORMAL people, not diet fundamentalists... someone who sees in that ridiculously pufa amount all kind of maladies, is more like an extremist freak.

Mito

Where do they show this information
Third party testing.
0C30D157-5A17-4678-874E-39D24F564341.png

yerrag

Yeah, sure... 2gr pufas from the lipoC is such a terrific thing!!! you know, that people who promote it may be NORMAL people, not diet fundamentalists... someone who sees in that ridiculously pufa amount all kind of maladies, is more like an extremist freak.
It's nice to know we are all extremist freaks in this forum. Why are you hanging around here then, if you consider us extremists and freaks. Don't you have somewhere else to go, to make better use of your time? Or are you just trolling? Maybe you had too much PUFAs and you're also high on serotonin? Dude, you seriously are in need of intervention.

yerrag

Looks really good. Did you send it for testing yourself?
Or did they send that to you after you ordered the item? That seems to be the case with Bulksupplements- order first, then we send the COA.

It's by orders of magnitude less than the 10 ppm AA I've been taking.

Kray

Looks really good. Did you send it for testing yourself?
Or did they send that to you after you ordered the item? That seems to be the case with Bulksupplements- order first, then we send the COA.

It's by orders of magnitude less than the 10 ppm AA I've been taking.

No, as I said, I called the company and the information was easily gotten from the rep I spoke with.

yerrag

No, as I said, I called the company and the information was easily gotten from the rep I spoke with.
That message was for mito.

tara

Okay, so Ray was talking about the contamination in modern production of vitamin C. Was it lead?
Yes, I think it he said there was lead containment or something in part of the usual production process.
I can't remember but did everybody come to a conclusion about which vitamin C is safe?
Some people have ones they are happy to use. I don't know that anyone has shown evidence of absence of lead.
There seem to be quite a few people reporting benefit from supplementing vit-C.
The levels of heavy metals are within limits. *** products have to meet a set standard in order for our Quality department to release the product and make it available to our consumers.

What would you make of this? Would you be inclined to continue using their Quali-C product?
If you wanted to know more, you could ask them what the limits for lead are, or which standards they are working to?
And I don't understand how being shot by lead bullets would make the entire animal lead-contaminated. Wouldn't the lead be just where the bullet went in and not be spread out through systemic circulation?
Human's have been known to show very high lead levels from eating a lot of lead shot game. There is some talk amongst hunters in some places about swapping lead shot for alternatives.

yerrag

Yes, I think it he said there was lead containment or something in part of the usual production process.

Some people have ones they are happy to use. I don't know that anyone has shown evidence of absence of lead.
There seem to be quite a few people reporting benefit from supplementing vit-C.

If you wanted to know more, you could ask them what the limits for lead are, or which standards they are working to?

Human's have been known to show very high lead levels from eating a lot of lead shot game. There is some talk amongst hunters in some places about swapping lead shot for alternatives.
Not having hunted, I'm betraying my ignorance on what bullets I used. I suppose shotguns are used and there's a bunch of lead pellets that go with each shot. That must make the prey very much contaminated with lead.

yerrag

@Kray which company did you talk with that makes the low-lead ascorbic acid?

Kray

Using Quali-C now. C-Salt looks good, rather expensive. The NOW brand looks good, too. How about you?

yerrag

Using Quali-C now. C-Salt looks good, rather expensive. The NOW brand looks good, too. How about you?
I'm leaning on going NOW, but I'll need to ask them for written certification for the batch. I hope they won't require purchase first.

Kray

I'm leaning on going NOW, but I'll need to ask them for written certification for the batch. I hope they won't require purchase first.

They shouldn't require purchase first, they didn't with me. I spoke with a very helpful person in their Customer Service Dept. Keep me posted on how you do, should you try the NOW. I'll probably consider that brand next.

Other than cost, is there a reason you would prefer the regular AA vs. ascorbate form?

(sorry for format-- error came up while trying to post this)

yerrag

They shouldn't require purchase first, they didn't with me. I spoke with a very helpful person in their Customer Service Dept. Keep me posted on how you do, should you try the NOW. I'll probably consider that brand next.

Other than cost, is there a reason you would prefer the regular AA vs. ascorbate form?

(sorry for format-- error came up while trying to post this)
I get more flexibility to do my own blend. If I use straight AA, I benefit from the 2x benefit as compared to using ascorbates. If I want plenty of magnesium, I can just make a blend that's only magnesium ascorbate.

Kray

I get more flexibility to do my own blend. If I use straight AA, I benefit from the 2x benefit as compared to using ascorbates. If I want plenty of magnesium, I can just make a blend that's only magnesium ascorbate.

That makes sense, straight AA has more horsepower. Sorry, I had forgotten your initial comments about the ascorbates you make on your own.

Thanks for your feedback and help in answering some of my questions here.

yerrag

That makes sense, straight AA has more horsepower. Sorry, I had forgotten your initial comments about the ascorbates you make on your own.

Thanks for your feedback and help in answering some of my questions here.
Thanks to all as well. Glad to learn from each other.

tara

The NOW brand looks good, too.
I'm regularly using a little NOW magnesium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate ATM, occasionally ascorbic acid.
I'm aware of the concern about lead, but I suspect I might benefit from the vit C.

Kray

I'm regularly using a little NOW magnesium ascorbate and calcium ascorbate ATM, occasionally ascorbic acid.
I'm aware of the concern about lead, but I suspect I might benefit from the vit C.

Why do you choose the ascorbates over AA?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals