• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

As Altitude Rises, Lung Cancer Rates Fall

haidut

The scientists are finally wising up to the fact that it is the CO2/oxygen causing these effects. I only wish they did a study on all types of cancer and not only lung cancer, but I suspect that the results will be the same.

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/2 ... em-to-fall

"...Americans who live in the mountains seem to have lower rates of lung cancer than those closer to the beach -- a pattern that suggests a role for oxygen intake, researchers speculate."

Re: As altitude rises, so do lung cancer rates

Check the title :mrgreen: It seems to be like this for all cancers:

Lung
state_lung_cancer_rates.jpeg

Combined
2011_all_map_incidence.jpg

Although there are some... confounding factors

Cancer-Rates-Map.jpg

haidut

Re: As altitude rises, so do lung cancer rates

Such_Saturation said:
Check the title :mrgreen: It seems to be like this for all cancers:

Lung
state_lung_cancer_rates.jpeg

Combined
2011_all_map_incidence.jpg

Although there are some... confounding factors

Cancer-Rates-Map.jpg

Lol, thanks for pointing that out! I changed it so people don't get confused.
Yeah, I saw the maps you posted so I am hoping that the next study from this group will look at all cancer rates. Most people on the street rely on WebMD for their medical info so I think public health benefits when "official" medicine admits to Peat being right (again).