Artificially Lowering Blood Glucose May Cause Fatal Flesh-eating Infection

haidut

Forum Supporter
...targeting the genitals, of all places. The warning FDA issued is for drugs used to artificially lower blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes. The list includes blockbuster drugs like Invokana, Jardiance, etc. The drugs works by forcing the kidneys to excrete glucose extracted from the blood in the urine. I posted a few other studies showing that targeting drugs targeting blood glucose directly increase all-cause mortality. Some of them already carry blackbox warnings for causing acute pancreatitis (often fatal) and even pancreatic cancer. Now we can add fatal infection to the list of possible side effects from drugs that treat the symptoms and not the cause of diabetes II.

FDA warns of rare flesh-eating genital infection linked to diabetes medication
"...The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning diabetes patients that some drugs may cause a flesh-eating bacterial infection of the genitals. The FDA issued the warning on Wednesday. Cases of Fournier's gangrene have been reported in connection with sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. The drugs help the body lower blood-sugar levels via the kidneys, and excess sugar is excreted in a patient's urine. Urinary tract infections are a known side effect. The SGLT2 inhibitors approved by the FDA include Johnson & Johnson's Invokana, Eli Lilly & Co's Jardiance, as well those from Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca Plc, Merck & Co and Pfizer Inc. Patients are at risk for an infection known as Fourniers gangrene, an extremely rare but life-threatening bacterial infection of the tissue under the skin that surrounds muscles, nerves, fat, and blood vessels of the perineum. The FDA said the bacteria usually gets into the body through a cut or break in the skin."

S-VV

Amazing. Big pharma is a money-driven monkey circus

Hans

Forum Supporter
...targeting the genitals, of all places. The warning FDA issued is for drugs used to artificially lower blood glucose levels in patients with type II diabetes. The list includes blockbuster drugs like Invokana, Jardiance, etc. The drugs works by forcing the kidneys to excrete glucose extracted from the blood in the urine. I posted a few other studies showing that targeting drugs targeting blood glucose directly increase all-cause mortality. Some of them already carry blackbox warnings for causing acute pancreatitis (often fatal) and even pancreatic cancer. Now we can add fatal infection to the list of possible side effects from drugs that treat the symptoms and not the cause of diabetes II.

FDA warns of rare flesh-eating genital infection linked to diabetes medication
"...The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning diabetes patients that some drugs may cause a flesh-eating bacterial infection of the genitals. The FDA issued the warning on Wednesday. Cases of Fournier's gangrene have been reported in connection with sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitors. The drugs help the body lower blood-sugar levels via the kidneys, and excess sugar is excreted in a patient's urine. Urinary tract infections are a known side effect. The SGLT2 inhibitors approved by the FDA include Johnson & Johnson's Invokana, Eli Lilly & Co's Jardiance, as well those from Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca Plc, Merck & Co and Pfizer Inc. Patients are at risk for an infection known as Fourniers gangrene, an extremely rare but life-threatening bacterial infection of the tissue under the skin that surrounds muscles, nerves, fat, and blood vessels of the perineum. The FDA said the bacteria usually gets into the body through a cut or break in the skin."
This is very interesting. Just this week I saw a video of a guy in Australia that was recently "attacked" by flesh eating bacteria when he went into the water; it seems doctors and scientists don't even know what it is, or they just aren't telling anyone. It's been shown that there has been a rise over the last few years in the number of people being "attacked" by such "bacterial creatures".
What do you think about it? Do you think it's an environmental thing and everyone is at risk, or just people with metabolic problems?

rei

This is quite worrisome seeing how not long ago a study was released which concluded that metformin causes circulatory issues and that "diabetic neuropathy" can in many cases actually be a side-effect of metformin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is very interesting. Just this week I saw a video of a guy in Australia that was recently "attacked" by flesh eating bacteria when he went into the water; it seems doctors and scientists don't even know what it is, or they just aren't telling anyone. It's been shown that there has been a rise over the last few years in the number of people being "attacked" by such "bacterial creatures".
What do you think about it? Do you think it's an environmental thing and everyone is at risk, or just people with metabolic problems?

Given that 30%+ of Americans and about the same percent of Australians have pre-diabetes and another 10% have diabetes, then it is quite likely this person was on some blood glucose lowering drug. It does not even have to be the ones mentioned in the study. Statins, which are even more widely prescribed, also have some of this effects. I think it is the forceful excretion of glucose that leads to this vulnerability to infection, so estrogen, PUFA and quite a few other substances we are exposed to every day can lead to such issues. But the pharma drugs are probably the most likely culprit given how potent and quick their effects is.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is quite worrisome seeing how not long ago a study was released which concluded that metformin causes circulatory issues and that "diabetic neuropathy" can in many cases actually be a side-effect of metformin.

Yep, and metformin is known to be a mitochondrial toxin. Another example that just because something lowers blood glucose does not mean it will be beneficial - usually quite to the contrary.
Metformin Is A Mitochondrial Toxin And Raises Lactate

Fractality

In the US there have been recent stories like this. A man had to have his limbs amptutated because he was licked by a dog and developed a flesh eating infection. I found it odd.

Hans

Forum Supporter
In the US there have been recent stories like this. A man had to have his limbs amptutated because he was licked by a dog and developed a flesh eating infection. I found it odd.
Yeah. That's why I wondered if everyone is at risk or just those taking blood sugar lowing meds.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Statins, which are even more widely prescribed, also have some of this effects.

So statins lower blood glucose in a similar way to diabetic drugs and increase the risk of flesh eating infection? Or is the increased risk due to the other negative effects of statins?

When I searched online for Statins and diabetes most of the info I saw showed that Statins increased the risk of diabetes. Obviously this is likely to be an incomplete/misleading picture but its just what I saw.

Hans

Forum Supporter
So statins lower blood glucose in a similar way to diabetic drugs and increase the risk of flesh eating infection? Or is the increased risk due to the other negative effects of statins?

When I searched online for Statins and diabetes most of the info I saw showed that Statins increased the risk of diabetes. Obviously this is likely to be an incomplete/misleading picture but its just what I saw.
Blood sugar is protective against any infection, so lowering it will increase risk of all infection.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Blood sugar is protective against any infection, so lowering it will increase risk of all infection.

Yea I got that but what I find online with regards to Statins is that they increase the levels of glucose which would be protective against infection. So I'm assuming that the way they increase the risk of infection must be through some other means. Lowering cholesterol increases the risk of infection so it could be that I guess.

High cholesterol may protect against infections and atherosclerosis

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yea I got that but what I find online with regards to Statins is that they increase the levels of glucose which would be protective against infection. So I'm assuming that the way they increase the risk of infection must be through some other means. Lowering cholesterol increases the risk of infection so it could be that I guess.

High cholesterol may protect against infections and atherosclerosis
Well, statins increase cortisol and nitric oxide, lower gluconeogenesis, cause insulin resistance and macrophages cell death and works in synergy with estrogen and PUFAs, which are known to cause hypoglycemia. But still studies show that statins increase fasting blood glucose, so I don't know.
This meta-analysis points out that statins do not decrease the risk of infection.
Statins and prevention of infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of data from large randomised placebo controlled trials

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

The latter. Statins are known to increase risk of both bacterial and viral infections, even though a doctor will likely tell you the idea is "controversial" - aka probably true but bad for his/her career.
Early Statin Use is Associated with Increased Risk of Infection after Stroke
Statins increase the risk of herpes zoster: A propensity score-matched analysis
Hepatitis B virus reactivation associated with atorvastatin - ScienceDirect

Gûs80

My doctor put me on Forxiga to improve my sleep apnea. He's a bodybuilder, seems to understand a lot about physiology.

His intention is to use it temporarily with semagglutide and cause rapid weight loss and then stop the medications and keep only t4/t3 and trt.

There are several studies showing a reduction of up to 50% in apneas (link up). I have the impression that SGLT2i also calm the sympathetic nervous system, which is super activated in people with apnea, which prevents what causes initial insomnia, as the nocturnal cortisol is very high.

I will test it because my last 12 years have been terrible and I am already pre-diabetic.

I've already tried Diamox, but I wasn't successful. Lately I've been using lithium orotate and gelatin at night, they help a little.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals