Articles: SALT

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am glad I never bought into the salt fear campaign. Copious amounts of salt on my fries please. :mrgreen:

montmorency

I've often wondered if the "salt sensitivity" mentioned in the 3rd link in the OP is for real, or something dreamed up to cover up mainstream embarrassment when they finaally realised the "salt is bad for everyone" dogma would not hold water; they could pretend that they'd at least been partly right, instead of wholly wrong.

tara

I regret buying the anti-salt line in late teens - early twenties. I wonder if I could have saved myself many days of agonising dysmenhorrea, amongst other issues.

It would be nice if public health authorities would be a bit more cautious about wholesale recommendations about food, and a bit more precautionary about non-food additives.

The thermogenic effects of sodium can be seen in long-term studies, as well as short. A low-sodium diet accelerates the decrease in heat production that normally occurs with aging, lowering the metabolic rate of brown fat and body temperature, and increasing the fat content of the body, as well as the activity of the fat synthesizing enzyme

(Xavier, et al., 2003)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals