Article: Could A Renegade Doctor Save Your Life?

OP
Peata

Peata

This part made me angry: "According to endocrinologist Prof Tony Weetman, one of the expert witnesses testifying against Skinner, the reason these people’s blood tests come back as normal is because they aren’t hypothyroid but are suffering from a “somatoform disorder”, meaning symptoms are psychological."

OP
Peata

Peata

The comments below the article are interesting too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dr Skinner was also criticised for regularly prescribing Armour Thyroid, a thyroid replacement taken from a pig’s gland, which contains all the active hormones you need for your thyroid to work efficiently, whereas the synthetic thyroxine that British doctors are told to prescribe contains only one, T4.

Skinner thought that many people weren’t able to convert T4 into the active hormone, T3, and therefore thyroxine was useless to them. But as Armour is no longer listed in the British National Formulary, the reference book GPs use for prescribing, many don’t know it exists, something Skinner put down to the workings of “Big Pharma”. Natural products can’t be patented, he said, and therefore were not lucrative, so GPs were discouraged from prescribing them.

I think all those other doctors might be breaking points three, four, seven and possibly eight of the Declaration of Geneva. I had already heard about how "numerical" modern endocrinologists are.

burtlancast

The last paragraph of the article blurts out the truth, but expecting the medias to inform truthfully the public / have a shred of integrity is nowadays akin to still believe in Santa Claus.

“If it is proved that they have done them harm by not treating them, the whole world will come down on their heads. That explains the strength with which they are defending their corner.”

burtlancast said:
The last paragraph of the article blurts out the truth, but expecting the medias to inform truthfully the public / have a shred of integrity is nowadays akin to still believe in Santa Claus.

“If it is proved that they have done them harm by not treating them, the whole world will come down on their heads. That explains the strength with which they are defending their corner.”

I think they will either be retired or simply start defending the new reactionary position, and just live forever in undeserved security and "prestige".