Arthritis Symptoms At 26

Kyle Bigman

Hello everyone,

I have been recently struggling with an array of odd symptoms which I am struggling to make sense of. It began with muscle twitches, and now is like arthritis in my elbows and knees. In a blood test I have tested positive for ANA but I am still waiting to see a rheumatologist.

My various hypotheses were that it could be due to some kind of toxicity (such as vitamin A toxicity), since it seemed to get worse after consuming dairy or liver, but I have also seen posts here that autoimmune diseases are bacterial in origin. I am trying to do an elimination diet for vitamin A in the meantime because it is difficult to access the antibiotics and I need to try something. I was previously following a very Peat-oriented diet. I have been on finasteride in the past as well – I don't know if that has anything to do with this...

For those of you with arthritis, what has helped you most? I feel like I am spending exorbitant amounts of money on supplements (using vitamin D/K2, niacinamide, some taurine, and collagen powder at the moment) and need to focus on what actually works.

lampofred

Just wanted to say that I know a LOT of people (both males and females) in that age group and even younger with arthritic and fibromyalgic symptoms. I think it's more likely due to societal or environmental issues (like mental stress, high PUFA growing up, radiation: basically just too much stimulation) and less due to diet.

sladerunner69

Maybe your estrogen is too low? This is something that I have experienced and talked with others about on the forum, and I believe it is not recognized enough as probably the chief potential downside of peating to be wary of. Too low estrogen, and taking supplements which strongly oppose aromatase including aspirin, vit e, k2, d, etc, seem to cause strange nerve pain and bone pain in some of us. The reasons are unclear, I thing it may have something to do with opiod receptors.

Elize

Hello everyone,

I have been recently struggling with an array of odd symptoms which I am struggling to make sense of. It began with muscle twitches, and now is like arthritis in my elbows and knees. In a blood test I have tested positive for ANA but I am still waiting to see a rheumatologist.

My various hypotheses were that it could be due to some kind of toxicity (such as vitamin A toxicity), since it seemed to get worse after consuming dairy or liver, but I have also seen posts here that autoimmune diseases are bacterial in origin. I am trying to do an elimination diet for vitamin A

Am also doing a No vitamin A diet. What do you eat and avoid? For the Same reason - muscle twitching

Forsythia

Kyle are you eating enough calories? Undereating can lead to body aches and pains.

fradon

Hello everyone,

My various hypotheses were that it could be due to some kind of toxicity (such as vitamin A toxicity), since it seemed to get worse after consuming dairy or liver, but I have also seen posts here that autoimmune diseases are bacterial in origin. I am trying to do an elimination diet for vitamin A in the meantime because it is difficult to access the antibiotics and I need to try something. I was previously following a very Peat-oriented diet. I have been on finasteride in the past as well – I don't know if that has anything to do with this...

For those of you with arthritis, what has helped you most? I feel like I am spending exorbitant amounts of money on supplements (using vitamin D/K2, niacinamide, some taurine, and collagen powder at the moment) and need to focus on what actually works.

arthiritis keep moving and increase blood circulation to the area. get sun exposure on the area if you can as the sun increases heat to skin muslce growth.

increase copper and manganese foods

lower stress

Henry

Try avoiding vitamin A.
Try potassium supplementation (e.g. potassium chloride 2-4 g/day). This has really helped my osteoarthritis symptoms (only under the condition that you have normal kidney function and dont take any drugs that affect kidney function and/or potassium balance otherwise there is risk of hyperkalemia).
I would also suggest avoiding Vitamin D and K, they have not helped me either and I got muscle pains from vitamin D.

Best,
Henry

Last edited:

Douglas Ek

Hello everyone,

Google arthritis and copper. Could be a more sever copper deficiency. Its a very vital mineral for nerves and joints. Have you ever taken zinc supplements? If so how long? And how large doses? I would get a blood test of both copper and ceruloplasmin which is a copper carrying protein in the body.

You can message me if youre interested in more information

Douglas Ek

Maybe your estrogen is too low? This is something that I have experienced and talked with others about on the forum, and I believe it is not recognized enough as probably the chief potential downside of peating to be wary of. Too low estrogen, and taking supplements which strongly oppose aromatase including aspirin, vit e, k2, d, etc, seem to cause strange nerve pain and bone pain in some of us. The reasons are unclear, I thing it may have something to do with opiod receptors.

Also here i would like to mention zinc and high supplemental zinc. Zinc is also an aromatize inhibitor and it also lowers copper which in deficiency is correlated to arthritis. Copper in excess increases estrogen. So just like you want testosterone and estrogen in balance you need zinc and copper in balance.

OP
K

Kyle Bigman

So it seems like estrogen/copper deficiencies can cause arthritis.

As far as vitamin A is concerned, limiting that in my diet has helped – mostly by stopping live consumption, eggs, and most dairy. I wonder about Vitamin D/K2 as well, as they do not seem to help me either!

Douglas Ek

As far as vitamin A is concerned, limiting that in my diet has helped – mostly by stopping live consumption, eggs, and most dairy. I wonder about Vitamin D/K2 as well, as they do not seem to help me either!

I would recommend you try 2mg copper bisglycinate daily. Go through a whole bottle. Its a low dose so should be risk free. Take it after food since on empty stomach you will get naseua. If you dont feel any improvement after awhile you can stop it. I did this and it conpletley stopped my aches. Im also 26. I cant really see any other reason why you should have arthritis at 26. Theres some kinda nutrient deficiency. You just need to figure out what it is. But my best bet would be copper if youre experiencing arthritis. I remember my wrists, hands and upper back. Jesus the pain, aches, joint poping and fatigue I had. Crazy how its all gone.

Douglas Ek

Have you previously taken zinc?

Elize

2mg copper bisglycinate daily.

Which brand of copper are you using?

OP
K

Kyle Bigman

Have you previously taken zinc?
I have taken zinc in the past, but have stopped. The symptoms came on long after that experiment ended. The problem is avoiding vitamin A is tricky since I don't live in the US anymore and at the moment the best means of survival is eating eggs.

A. squamosa

my joints can get reeeeally really sore and stiff when I don't have progesterone during my luteal phase - I suppose it must be excess estrogen. Perhaps it's hormonal for you too.

puella

Just wanted to say that I know a LOT of people (both males and females) in that age group and even younger with arthritic and fibromyalgic symptoms. I think it's more likely due to societal or environmental issues (like mental stress, high PUFA growing up, radiation: basically just too much stimulation) and less due to diet.

I would add MRI Contrast (containing the rare earth metal Gadolinium) as potential & often over looked trouble maker-- symptoms overlap with many things such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, & Lyme disease.
Symptoms associated with Gadolinium Toxicity

Kyle, I'm sorry you are going through this at such a young age. Just wanted to point out that even if you've never had an MRI w/ contrast , your rheumatologist may want do such imaging at some point. I would enthusiastically encourage you to weigh the pros & cons if you get to that point.
Dr. Brent Wagner is one of the few experts on the subject without financial conflicts of interest- highly recommend him or the Light House Project as reliable sources of info.

DYKvPsyXcAEEDco.jpg

Elize

Hi. Have you had your thyroid checked? Your symptoms could be hypo thyroid related. Hypothyroidism can mimic parkinism symptoms, arthritis and muscle twitching.

OP
K

Kyle Bigman

Funny you should say that. I actually did get a contrast but that was after my symptoms had already begun. It really flares up at times and I often attribute it to weightlifting but there's no way because it's very specific. I noticed it often occurs directly after a normal virus, such as a cold. I will wake up with swollen limbs and it will be almost impossible to walk, which is bad because right now I live on a hill and need to walk 20 minutes to work in the mornings.

As far as autoimmune disease is concerned, I know the predominant idea is that the immune system is "overreacting." I also am aware that others posited the cause as bacterial. What i don't understand is why the flare-ups, if the cause is bacterial? It would appear to be more hormonal.

I am taking finasteride also but my dermatologist really downplayed the effects it has hormonally. Moreover, I find this extremely odd but while I didn't have arthitic symptoms before finasteride, I had a whole host of other "autoimmune" like symptoms. I had chronic cystic acne, hair loss, and I would get sick extremely frequently. As soon as I went on finasteride my acne cleared, my hair loss stopped, and I didn't get sick for over a year and a half. However, when I get sick now, I get arthritic symptoms.

Maybe my immune system gets revved up by taking specific fat-soluble vitamins and then starts "cleaning house?"

OP
K

Kyle Bigman

Hi. Have you had your thyroid checked? Your symptoms could be hypo thyroid related. Hypothyroidism can mimic parkinism symptoms, arthritis and muscle twitching.
Yea i have had thyroid tests, which all appeared normal.