Arteriosclerosis In The Capillaries A Missed Focus?

GorillaHead

I wanted to discuss the potential mechanisms we can influence the clearance and strength of capillaries.

Of course arteries are important to bring nutrients to vital organs and are the main highways of blood flow but I think its important not to forget about the capillaries found in multiple organs including the brain.

Whats interesting is the mechanism behind how capillaries keep clear are different then the way arteries stay clear. Here this article discusses vaguely the mechnaism discovered.

Does anyone have any more info or ideas on how to influence healthier capillaries ? I did read one study NMN increased capillary density.

https://news.feinberg.northwestern.edu/2010/05/capillaries/

yerrag

I've been reading some chapters of Wintrobe's Clinical Hematology, and it's giving me a better understanding for what a serum CBC tells us. It's been a mystery to me before. Usually, we take these tests and we let our doctor interpret them for us. More often than not, they skim through it and tell us nothing.

I think there's not much new in that Nature article other than to tell us there's a mystery that has to be discovered.

I think it can be understood already to a fairly practical level, without the need to wait for the last bit of tiny detail. By this I mean we can already do something about the pathology and cure it. But don't bother asking doctors about it, as they will be waiting for more 'evidence' so that they can consider their solution to be 'evidence-based.'

Go to the Internet Archive and borrow this book and read the relevant chapters on the white blood cells and immune complexes and the pathology. It won't give you all the answers, I suppose, but it will get you closer to forming your own hypotheses.

After all, it's still better than getting a well-credentialed doctor to tell you 'We still don't know.'

BTW, I'd also take a large dose of salt grains when reading anything from Nature. It's origins are suspect and its aim is to obfuscate.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wanted to discuss the potential mechanisms we can influence the clearance and strength of capillaries.

Of course arteries are important to bring nutrients to vital organs and are the main highways of blood flow but I think its important not to forget about the capillaries found in multiple organs including the brain.

Whats interesting is the mechanism behind how capillaries keep clear are different then the way arteries stay clear. Here this article discusses vaguely the mechnaism discovered.

Does anyone have any more info or ideas on how to influence healthier capillaries ? I did read one study NMN increased capillary density.

https://news.feinberg.northwestern.edu/2010/05/capillaries/
Nitric oxide, estrogen, serotonin, aldosterone, angiotensin, endotoxin, parathyroid hormone, low vitamin K2, low progesterone, hypothyroid, stress, lactate, hypoxia, etc., all affect the capillaries negatively, so I'd focus on optimizing those.

akgrrrl

Nitric oxide, estrogen, serotonin, aldosterone, angiotensin, endotoxin, parathyroid hormone, low vitamin K2, low progesterone, hypothyroid, stress, lactate, hypoxia, etc., all affect the capillaries negatively, so I'd focus on optimizing those.

GREAT LIST and starting point for all who suspect capillary deficiencies are impacting their comfort and conditions. Big thankyou Hans, I just had this conversation with a provider yesterday and she is ordering capillary scans to confirm my postulates.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals