Aromatase Inhibitors And LH

PUTFOT

Hi. Why do aromatase inhibitors raise LH significantly? Is this good or bad? What's the final word on aromatase inhibitors like arimidex, aromasin, letro?

Constatine

schultz

Hi. Why do aromatase inhibitors raise LH significantly? Is this good or bad?

I believe estrogen lowers LH. So less estrogen as a result of taking an AI would lead to an increase of LH. LH stimulates leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone. High estrogen is a signal for the body to reduce hormone production.

ddjd

Can someone clarify, does LH decrease or increase with AI's

Falcon

Hi. Why do aromatase inhibitors raise LH significantly? Is this good or bad? What's the final word on aromatase inhibitors like arimidex, aromasin, letro?
Please see my thread on aromasin rebound

raypeatforum.com/community/threads/aromasin-rebound-high-e2-high-lh-problems.22509/#post-316251

I dont know if these are short term issues.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
LH seems to stimulate aromatase: Induction of Testicular Aromatization by Luteinizing Hormone in Mature Rats* | Endocrinology | Oxford Academic , so it is probably a negative feedback loop to aromatase inhibition. Though this might be greatly simplified, that is my guess. This also suggests that many of LH's negative effects may be due to increased aromatase activity. In literature aromatase inhibitors seem to be safe, but I cannot say beyond that for sure.

Makes me really wonder if Tribulus can stimulate the Aromatase enzyme, given the fact that it can act like LH...