Armpits only smell when they are hairy ?

JamesGatz

My eating habits has been very consistent over the past year.

I notice that regardless of metabolic rate - If I let my armpit hair grow out - my armpits will start to stink everyday like body odor and the smell gets worse if I let it grow longer - regardless of what I eat. If I shave it consistently every week or so - it will never smell.

Today my armpits started to smell and at the very same moment I shaved it - the smell went away completely and stayed away for hours (all I ever use is water so no soap or deodorant or anything like that)

I'm thinking maybe the hair may interfere with lymph nodes or something along these lines, but it is very bizarre to think that anytime I used to smell I had also stopped shaving my armpits consistently.

It also seems that men tend to have worse armpit smell than woman usually and it is interesting to think about this with the fact that women shave their armpits a lot more than men normally.

Does anyone else notice this for themselves or think they know the reasoning behind this? I am very interested

Perry Staltic

I too have noticed the same thing. I think hairs give bacteria a good place to hang out. Gonna go shave my pits

Yes, certainly more bacteria is able to accumulate on the surface area of the hairs vs. one layer of smooth skin. The hair provides insulation for more bacteria to form.

FYI:. Magnesium oil is an incredible deodorant. I've tried all the natural products and none of them work as well as magnesium oil.

Mauritio

Noticed something weird: I applied coconut oil mixed with thyme oil and eugenol on my right testicle because I have a jock itch there and in a matter of minutes I could smell the exact same smell under my left armpit. It has a distinct smell so its definitely noticable. Tried it twice already. And it's always the left armpit. Wtf ? There must be some sort of connection between balls and (left)armpit.
My educated guess is spreading via the lymphatic system .

Dave Clark

My Italian uncle was a hairdresser many years ago, he since passed, but, one time when I was a kid visiting him, I walked by his bathroom and saw him shaving his armpits. I said, "hey Uncle Pauly, why are you doing that, which he replied, "I am close to women all day and I don't want to smell, why do you think women shave their pits". So, fast forward about 10 years, I got tired of using deodorants and remembered what he said and did, so I tried it and it worked. Been doing it for 40 years with success. Every now and then in the summer someone will see me with a tank top and when I raise my arms up, etc., they see I shave my pits, and then I have to tell them the story and explain why I do it. They give me an initial look as to question my sexuality, lol.

Jam

Yes, certainly more bacteria is able to accumulate on the surface area of the hairs vs. one layer of smooth skin. The hair provides insulation for more bacteria to form.

FYI:. Magnesium oil is an incredible deodorant. I've tried all the natural products and none of them work as well as magnesium oil.
Yep, I thought so too, until I tried camphosal.

DrJ

The smell is caused by bacteria and hair allows bacteria to grow more so shaving would help. I've been using baking soda as deodorant for around 15 years and it's great. Creates an alkaline environment so bacteria can't grow well. You'll stop sweating so much and you won't get pit stains on your shirts. Plus it's super cheap.

Picked up on this ages ago. I've been buzzing mine for over a decade now I think. Around every 3 weeks or so. The less hair there the easier it is to keep any kind of negative stench under control.

Mauritio

The smell is caused by bacteria and hair allows bacteria to grow more so shaving would help. I've been using baking soda as deodorant for around 15 years and it's great. Creates an alkaline environment so bacteria can't grow well. You'll stop sweating so much and you won't get pit stains on your shirts. Plus it's super cheap.
How do you use it ? Just rub it in there ?

hierundjetzt

I second this. Nothing works better and no shaving shaving needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals