Armpit sweat after going outside

laleto12

Hello everyone, I need help on something that drives me crazy.

Everytime I go outside, my armpits drench in sweat. Not really smelly or anything just pure water dripping crazy in my armpits. Is this social anxiety? I have anxiety in general but this problem comes and goes for 6-7 years. Sometimes I have it sometimes it stops. Why do you think it could be? This problem makes me self-concious and stressed in social situations.
I upped the egg yolk consumption these days can it be acetylcholine? I really dont know. Thanls in advance.

Yeah, sounds like high acetylcholine (or a messed up cholinergic system in general). It will induce both the sweating and the anxiety. Do you also experience rumination and racing thoughts, but somehow also a mental fatigue?

Check your foods and especially supplements not only for their choline content but if they are known as cholinesterase inhibitors!

Do you smoke tobacco and/or cannabis? (I think both heavily mess around with the cholinergic system.)

Might be worth to experiment with anti-cholinergic drugs, just to see if acetylcholine is really the problem here. But beware, in my opinion chronic use of these drugs is no long-term solution, but might intensify the problem (by rebound) once the effect wears off.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Yeah, sounds like high acetylcholine (or a messed up cholinergic system in general). It will induce both the sweating and the anxiety. Do you also experience rumination and racing thoughts, but somehow also a mental fatigue?

Check your foods and especially supplements not only for their choline content but if they are known as cholinesterase inhibitors!

Do you smoke tobacco and/or cannabis? (I think both heavily mess around with the cholinergic system.)

Might be worth to experiment with anti-cholinergic drugs, just to see if acetylcholine is really the problem here. But beware, in my opinion chronic use of these drugs is no long-term solution, but might intensify the problem (by rebound) once the effect wears off.

Thanks for you reply, yeah I experience rumination and racing thoughts. I also am inclined to dwell in the past events and ruminate on them as well a lot. Sometimes my mind is so fast I cant even believe it.

I dont really smoke tobacco or cannabis.

I take thiamine here and there which is cholinergic I believe but I am not sure on other supplements that I take. Potatoes and tomatoes are also present in my diet but not everyday. I think I should reduce egg yolks as well. But choline is said to be very important for the liver thats why I was eating them.

Do you happen to know any anti-cholinergic "bening" drugs that I could experiment with? I took cypro a couple of months ago at conservatide doses for a couple of days but that gave me extremely dry mouth and made me constipated so I stopped. I guess that was due to it being anti-cholinergic. How could it give me those issues in 3-4 days if I have too much acetylcholine I dont know.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

It also baffles me that it doesnt ever happen at home. But as soon as I step my foot outside my armpits start dripping lol.

redsun

Only really high acetylcholine can increase anxiety. Sweating is caused by sympathetic activation and overheating. This is why if you get stressed you can sweat but it is normal to sweat in the heat especially if your body temp is high and you feel hot most of the time. Of course the higher acetylcholine activity you have the more you might sweat given the right stimulus. I assume you shave to minimize the problem? I found my underarms drench with sweat and drip if they are not shaven no matter what.

If this still doesnt work I would try keep the total intake right around the RDA, 600mg.

Last edited:

JustJunkie99

It is caused by high adrenaline acting on the sympathetic nervous system acting on the muscarinic receptors which are acted on by acetylcholine. During hypothyroidism, acetylcholine as well as adrenaline will be elevated..CO2 will be low. CO2 by itself decreases sweating....anyone how have trialed acetazolamide will testify to that. Keeping blood glucose levels elevated reduces the sweating by causing a decline in adrenaline. Increasing the metabolic rate is fundamental as it decreases adrenaline and acetylcholine and increases CO2.

Why does it occur when you step outside? During that time, the body will adapt for our own good, that includes increasing adrenaline to a small extend. In hypothyroidism the elevation is several fold from an already elevated baseline. It is so that during hypothyroidism, the adrenaline also acts on the excitotory systems (NMDA receptors, Voltage gated calcium channels, Glutamate), which include mostly calcium being expressed and acting as the main excitatory substance (just like acetylcholine acts on muscarinic receptors) and is overtly active, this causes uneasiness, OCD, anxiety, nervousness and what not in the brain which also affects the body, including that of increasing sweating since it is part the excitatory stimulus.

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
laleto12

laleto12

It is caused by high adrenaline acting on the sympathetic nervous system acting on the muscarinic receptors which are acted on by acetylcholine. During hypothyroidism, acetylcholine as well as adrenaline will be elevated..CO2 will be low. CO2 by itself decreases sweating....anyone how have trialed acetazolamide will testify to that. Keeping blood glucose levels elevated reduces the sweating by causing a decline in adrenaline. Increasing the metabolic rate is fundamental as it decreases adrenaline and acetylcholine and increases CO2.

Why does it occur when you step outside? During that time, the body will adapt for our own good, that includes increasing adrenaline to a small extend. In hypothyroidism the elevation is several fold from an already elevated baseline. It is so that during hypothyroidism, the adrenaline also acts on the excitotory systems (NMDA receptors, Voltage gated calcium channels, Glutamate), which include mostly calcium being expressed and acting as the main excitatory substance (just like acetylcholine acts on muscarinic receptors) and is overtly active, this causes uneasiness, OCD, anxiety, nervousness and what not in the brain which also affects the body, including that of increasing sweating since it is part the excitatory stimulus.

Good luck
I think you explained the problem to a T. Because this is different than sweating due to hot weather, rather my skin becomes cold at those times.

I think I am borderline hypothyroid which I have been trying to fix it for years but I couldnt. My adrenaline problem doesnt get any better as well.

Do you have any recommendations other than “basic peat” ideas? Maybe I should try thyroid and increase the dose to at least 2 grains to see what happens. Thyroid supplementation makes me extremely hungry and I cant keep up with the nutritional demands.

I also tried taking 12.5 mcg T3 sometimes and it makes me super tired but in a good “relaxed” way which is probably reduction of my super high ones. I cant relax and all of my problems seem to related with my hypothyroidism. I have to fix it somehow.

Sila

I used to have the same problem, but since I've starting eating a low vitamin A diet(Garrett Smith) and eating black beans with each meal I no longer get these adrenaline sweats anymore.

According to Karen Hurd soluble fibre binds to bile which the liver uses to get rid of hormones and toxins.

JustJunkie99

I think you explained the problem to a T. Because this is different than sweating due to hot weather, rather my skin becomes cold at those times.

I think I am borderline hypothyroid which I have been trying to fix it for years but I couldnt. My adrenaline problem doesnt get any better as well.

Do you have any recommendations other than “basic peat” ideas? Maybe I should try thyroid and increase the dose to at least 2 grains to see what happens. Thyroid supplementation makes me extremely hungry and I cant keep up with the nutritional demands.

I also tried taking 12.5 mcg T3 sometimes and it makes me super tired but in a good “relaxed” way which is probably reduction of my super high ones. I cant relax and all of my problems seem to related with my hypothyroidism. I have to fix it somehow.
Interestingly ''black beans'' can be starchy - a powerful stable supply of glucose. Danny Roddy has spoken about this.

You can remove your issue simply with a 50mcg T3 dose. There are many issues with this approach long term.

The issue with conventional thyroid supplementation as recommended by Ray Peat is that it surpasses the natural secretion and production. I do not know how some people can tolerate it, and some can't, but I have yet to see it as a panacea in the recommended doses, and I don't find many users on this forums content with the doses either. From a scientific standpoint, there are many flaws behind these doses.

Try looking at the Kenneth Blanchard Protocol, read his book, it is short, simple and written in layman terms. I will say this, from an anecdotal experience with thyroid over the past 3 years... A conventional dose will feel good, relieving many symptoms, only to suppress endogenous production, thus becoming reliant, which is burdensome for many reasons. One is that it has an extremely low half-life or a quick ''Tmax'' thus dosing every 2 hours will become necessary, with food, this is extended to an hour more; 3 hours. Other issues like having to dose higher and higher, and also that it is unphysiological to have high extracellular T3 flowing around.

Try a 0.3 mcg (idealabs; diluted) with a meal and see how your RHR will shoot up to 80+ esp. in the evening, which in most hypothyroid individuals wouldn't occur without it. You will experience the very principle of the idea behind Kenneth Blanchards protocol. Ideally a 0.3-1mcg slow release T3 is ideal.

Be careful of T3, as it can shut you down severely causing depression, anxiety, wrinkling (esp. under the eyes), loss of appetite, cold and a ***t storm of issues, which will often take months to recover from. Additionally, there is an issue with conventional thyroid (T3 w. T4) that it can cause droopy eyelid if endogenous T3 becomes deficient (e.g. wrong dosing schedule)...this is actually an phenomenon spoken about in some thyroid books (cannot recall the exact name, I believe it was Dr. Wilsons book, which elaborated the Wilsons T3 Protocol....many protocols out there)

Lastly, read this short article, to get a better viewpoint on thyroid dosing (it is short and worth the read)

Beware of a ''peat diet'' no such thing exist. He simple favours certain foods and macronutrients - nothing that specific as a restricted peat diet. Many also misinterpreted his statements e..g ''starch opponent'' - White polished rice is a carbohydrate source of his (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495CtgExBXE

(see video description/timeline, no need to see the video)

Best of luck

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Interestingly ''black beans'' can be starchy - a powerful stable supply of glucose. Danny Roddy has spoken about this.

You can remove your issue simply with a 50mcg T3 dose. There are many issues with this approach long term.

The issue with conventional thyroid supplementation as recommended by Ray Peat is that it surpasses the natural secretion and production. I do not know how some people can tolerate it, and some can't, but I have yet to see it as a panacea in the recommended doses, and I don't find many users on this forums content with the doses either. From a scientific standpoint, there are many flaws behind these doses.

Try looking at the Kenneth Blanchard Protocol, read his book, it is short, simple and written in layman terms. I will say this, from an anecdotal experience with thyroid over the past 3 years... A conventional dose will feel good, relieving many symptoms, only to suppress endogenous production, thus becoming reliant, which is burdensome for many reasons. One is that it has an extremely low half-life or a quick ''Tmax'' thus dosing every 2 hours will become necessary, with food, this is extended to an hour more; 3 hours. Other issues like having to dose higher and higher, and also that it is unphysiological to have high extracellular T3 flowing around.

Try a 0.3 mcg (idealabs; diluted) with a meal and see how your RHR will shoot up to 80+ esp. in the evening, which in most hypothyroid individuals wouldn't occur without it. You will experience the very principle of the idea behind Kenneth Blanchards protocol. Ideally a 0.3-1mcg slow release T3 is ideal.

Be careful of T3, as it can shut you down severely causing depression, anxiety, wrinkling (esp. under the eyes), loss of appetite, cold and a ***t storm of issues, which will often take months to recover from. Additionally, there is an issue with conventional thyroid (T3 w. T4) that it can cause droopy eyelid if endogenous T3 becomes deficient (e.g. wrong dosing schedule)...this is actually an phenomenon spoken about in some thyroid books (cannot recall the exact name, I believe it was Dr. Wilsons book, which elaborated the Wilsons T3 Protocol....many protocols out there)

Lastly, read this short article, to get a better viewpoint on thyroid dosing (it is short and worth the read)

Beware of a ''peat diet'' no such thing exist. He simple favours certain foods and macronutrients - nothing that specific as a restricted peat diet. Many also misinterpreted his statements e..g ''starch opponent'' - White polished rice is a carbohydrate source of his (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=495CtgExBXE

(see video description/timeline, no need to see the video)

Best of luck

Good Lord! This is exactly why I don't mess with thyroid supps. I don't know how people end up getting it right.

InChristAlone

To me this sounds like agoraphobia and social anxiety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals