Are You People W/Thyroid Issues Your Own Doctor, Or Are You Going To An Endo?

DMF

I get the impression that some folks here aren't necessarily being prescribed their thyroid "meds", but doing their own experimentation on their own, to improve their health. Is that the case? I have thyroid issues myself, and, not happy with the endo's I've gone to, so I have a bottle of Nutri-Meds Porcine thyroid but not sure how much is best.

Elast1c

I get the impression that some folks here aren't necessarily being prescribed their thyroid "meds", but doing their own experimentation on their own, to improve their health. Is that the case? I have thyroid issues myself, and, not happy with the endo's I've gone to, so I have a bottle of Nutri-Meds Porcine thyroid but not sure how much is best.
"Stay a while...and listen!" - Deckard Cain.
::BAHwAHWAHwahwahw:: (portal sound)

Risingfire

Have you ever checked your pulse and temp?

Michael Mohn

I went to an endocrinologist and he found a small goiter and when I told him I had taking thyroid before he said I should continue but when he sent his report by letter a week later there was only a prescription for iodine. Total waste of time. My thyroid levels are in the lower range but still in the range so no hypo diagnose for me! If you read journals of endocrinology they constantly focus on tsh values and ignoring symptoms. I think the endos don't want to destroy the business model for the pharmaceutical industry. Most healthy people produce about 100mcg of t4 per day, if you take a grain of ndt you have probably balanced most deficiency. The problem for a lot of hypos is that the t4 isn't converted into t3 due to liver problems, nutritional deficiency like selenium etc or t3 can't get into the cell due to high pufa, high adrenaline, high cortisol & estrogen, free fatty acids etc. Most people would benefit from a small amount / a grain of thyroid, the problem is if you take to much you can give yourself an heart attack.

Last edited:

Elize

I see an endocrinologist and through her get a prescription for my T4 and T3. Should Idealabs Haidut come up with a T4 I will use it with her support.

SOMO

Doctors are not necessary unless you need an RX for something specific. They are middlemen.

The only thing they're good for is ordering lab tests and mending broken bones and performing CPR. You think an endo WANTS to discuss TSH and prolactin and the pituitary with you? The less questions patients have, the better - that is how doctors think.

Doctors don't become doctors to help people, they become doctors to make money and make their parents happy.

Last edited:

Eldermusl57

I’m sort of in the middle. My primary care physician gave me a thyroid test and recommended I begin T3. I did and my results are that I have more energy and muscle but I do alot of other supplements too which could be co-contributors. I often wondered if my long term use of oral DHEA since I was in my early 30’s, may have brought on my hypothyroidism. Who knows? I am 64 now.