Are You Aware Peat Does Not Believe Topical Thyroid Hormones To Be Helpful?

Kunstruct

This is interesting.
I have asked him several questions and explained some of my issues, he seems to have no interest in talk about anything other than he said does not expect topical thyroid hormone to be helpful.

Do you guys mention this when talking to Peat? As far as I see most people say "I take x mcg of T3" Hardly I see a clear specification as to either it is topical or oral.
Have you been told this before by Peat?

Nicole W.

This is interesting.
I have asked him several questions and explained some of my issues, he seems to have no interest in talk about anything other than he said does not expect topical thyroid hormone to be helpful.

Do you guys mention this when talking to Peat? As far as I see most people say "I take x mcg of T3" Hardly I see a clear specification as to either it is topical or oral.
Have you been told this before by Peat?

I’ve been wondering about this. I take TyroMix, and my fasting thyroid labs were not good. I took the labs again without fasting and they were fine. I think just being fed can improve thyroid function a lot, with or without supplemental thyroid. I’m wondering if the TyroMix is not having that big of an effect.

OP
K

Kunstruct

I have then said to him to him which topical products I mean (Tyronene, TyroMix, etc) and who made them, but he did not say anything about that, replied about something else unrelated to the products.

OP
K

Kunstruct

I’ve been wondering about this. I take TyroMix, and my fasting thyroid labs were not good. I took the labs again without fasting and they were fine. I think just being fed can improve thyroid function a lot, with or without supplemental thyroid. I’m wondering if the TyroMix is not having that big of an effect.

It is only TSH that you have tested or the T3 T4 also?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have then said to him to him which topical products I mean (Tyronene, TyroMix, etc) and who made them, but he did not say anything about that, replied about something else unrelated to the products.
When I’ve used those products (on my eat) before I’ve seen the best results with them orally even though they are officially for topical use.

OP
K

Kunstruct

When I’ve used those products (on my eat) before I’ve seen the best results with them orally even though they are officially for topical use.
How did you use them orally, instead of let's say one drop on the skin you had one drop sublingual or on the tongue?

jdrop

Might get a better indication if one tracks temps and pulse. No need to interact with the medical $ystem to get a better read on things.

Nicole W.

It is only TSH that you have tested or the T3 T4 also?
I had a partial panel done both times: just TSH, T3, and Free T4. Everything was off the first time but I felt reasonably well so we decided to test again. Because it was an isolated lab, it wasn’t fasting and I had breakfast beforehand that morning. When I got the lab results and saw the difference I asked my doctor about them. She said many things can influence thyroid labs so they aren’t always the best indicator of thyroid function.

Nicole W.

Might get a better indication if one tracks temps and pulse. No need to interact with the medical $ystem to get a better read on things.
Yes, exactly. My doctor asked me to test temp/ pulse for an entire month. So I’m very cognizant of my temps, in particular. So when I got these poor thyroid lab results I was confused.

I think fasting can really make you cold and metabolically low, so taking thyroid labs at that point might not be optimal unless you only take T4 and are a really good converter to T3. I think the results are bound to be low in this context.

jdrop

Yes, exactly. My doctor asked me to test temp/ pulse for an entire month. So I’m very cognizant of my temps, in particular. So when I got these poor thyroid lab results I was confused.

I think fasting can really make you cold and metabolically low, so taking thyroid labs at that point might not be optimal unless you only take T4 and are a really good converter to T3. I think the results are bound to be low in this context.
I agree with you. Would you say your data showed improvement with the supplementation or not? If so, you can confirm your hunch about fueled/fasted testing. If not, would be a good reason to dig further to find what works. When I get tested I ignore the fasting part and interpret on my own. I find the results useless, when fasted

Nicole W.

I agree with you. Would you say your data showed improvement with the supplementation or not? If so, you can confirm your hunch about fueled/fasted testing. If not, would be a good reason to dig further to find what works. When I get tested I ignore the fasting part and interpret on my own. I find the results useless, when fasted
I feel so much better using TyroMix! I can’t begin to describe the difference. I would definitely say supplementation improved my health and well-being. That being said, I was pretty baffled by the first set of results. What that experience taught me is to not put too much weight into these labs but ALSO, that food is a huge contributor to good metabolism. Anytime we are starving, the body will protectively ratchet down thyroid function to conserve. You can’t have good thyroid function without being adequately fed. At least that is my finding.

schultz

I am not sure whether it can be used topically to actually treat a thyroid problem. I've never thought about it, but I would assume most people would take it orally. If you're trying to treat something other than hypothyroidism I am sure taking it topically can help locally, like some kind of skin condition or healing a wound or something.

OP
K

Kunstruct

I had a partial panel done both times: just TSH, T3, and Free T4. Everything was off the first time but I felt reasonably well so we decided to test again. Because it was an isolated lab, it wasn’t fasting and I had breakfast beforehand that morning. When I got the lab results and saw the difference I asked my doctor about them. She said many things can influence thyroid labs so they aren’t always the best indicator of thyroid function.

When we talk about thyroid shouldn't we also consider liver and gut, here I mean T4 to T3 conversion for which liver does so much?

Sumbody

I took Tyromix topically for about 3 months. Sometimes using as much as 30 drops a day, 4-6 drops 4-5 times a day.

I noticed a slight decrease in body fat/water retention and increased body heat while working laboriously.

But no effect on blood serum values whatsoever. TSH was even a little higher.

I personally don't feel that these hormones are absorbed through the skin the way we think they are.

With all I thought I felt from Tyromix, there was no change in blood work.

And you are right. Eating/fasting and or taking your blood work at different times of the day will affect the results one way or another.

Nicole W.

When we talk about thyroid shouldn't we also consider liver and gut, here I mean T4 to T3 conversion for which liver does so much?
Absolutely. My doctor told me that she suspected that I was not a good converter based on my labs. She said many women have this issue due to sluggish liver.

Nicole W.

I took Tyromix topically for about 3 months. Sometimes using as much as 30 drops a day, 4-6 drops 4-5 times a day.

I noticed a slight decrease in body fat/water retention and increased body heat while working laboriously.

But no effect on blood serum values whatsoever. TSH was even a little higher.

I personally don't feel that these hormones are absorbed through the skin the way we think they are.

With all I thought I felt from Tyromix, there was no change in blood work.

And you are right. Eating/fasting and or taking your blood work at different times of the day will affect the results one way or another.
Interesting. Do you take it orally now instead or have you moved on to another product?

OP
K

Kunstruct

Absolutely. My doctor told me that she suspected that I was not a good converter based on my labs. She said many women have this issue due to sluggish liver.

That's good, because as far as I have seen generally thyroid seems to be talked only as much as it pertains to the thyroid gland and pituitary.

sPbEafV.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals