Are Unripe Fruits OK Aslong As I Cook Them?

RayPeatFan777

Bought some frozen mango chunks and they arn't ripe. Just wondering if cooking the unripe fruit makes it OK?

biffbelvin

Was curious about this myself as England is terrible for ripe fruit.

Are there any issues i should consider with stewed apples/pears? They're pretty much the most 'ripe' fruit one can get here year-round.

I've done it for years. Add some sugar and a little salt maybe, and cook on the stove or the oven. Can convert crummy frozen fruit into something edible and helpful.

Is it the best thing ever? No, not as good as ripe fruit, but if you can't get ripe fruit, it's quite digestible and helpful to the body I think.

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

I've done it for years. Add some sugar and a little salt maybe, and cook on the stove or the oven. Can convert crummy frozen fruit into something edible and helpful.

Is it the best thing ever? No, not as good as ripe fruit, but if you can't get ripe fruit, it's quite digestible and helpful to the body I think.
Guess yiu dont even need to let it thaw out, just throw the frozen chunks in on the stove?

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

Just tried cooked apple for the first time. sliced and put in a pan on simmer/low for 20 minutes.

tasted better than I imagined, better than raw im my opinion. Just wondering, do you think 20 minutes is long enough for health purposes? it was def cooked but still solid - not like apple sauce.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Birdie

Just tried cooked apple for the first time. sliced and put in a pan on simmer/low for 20 minutes.

tasted better than I imagined, better than raw im my opinion. Just wondering, do you think 20 minutes is long enough for health purposes? it was def cooked but still solid - not like apple sauce.

Thanks for the help.
Yes. Just so you can put a fork through easily. Sometimes I sprinkle a little sugar on it. A bit of salt too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals