Are Unhealthy People Poisoning Us ?

cellboy

Could it be possible that unhealthy people full of estrogen, serotonin etc. with a bad metabolism are giving off those hormones like the way pheromones work like spreading it all over the place poisoning us just with their presence. It is sth i've been wondering about for some time because there are people i know, especially females when menstruating or generally old and wrecked people , whenever i am with i'll feel really bad even if i did everything right, nutritional wise. I mostly get gut problems and fatigue from nowhere it's crazy it happens like within minutes especially in closed spaces. I think there's a quote from ray peat saying that serotonin is mostly metabolized in the lungs and that an air ionizer near bed would help with fighting off serotonin related problems. Does that mean that people breathe serotonin out and obviously someone with a lot of it is going to poison people around him/her? And is it only serotonin that's getting breathed out like what about estrogen or its metabolites or maybe other stuff too ? If that's true what can someone do about it besides staying away from those people ?

johnsmith

Yes, this is part of the reason why menstruating women aren't aloud in sweat lodges and other sacred places/gatherings.

Arrade

Could it be possible that unhealthy people full of estrogen, serotonin etc. with a bad metabolism are giving off those hormones like the way pheromones work like spreading it all over the place poisoning us just with their presence. It is sth i've been wondering about for some time because there are people i know, especially females when menstruating or generally old and wrecked people , whenever i am with i'll feel really bad even if i did everything right, nutritional wise. I mostly get gut problems and fatigue from nowhere it's crazy it happens like within minutes especially in closed spaces. I think there's a quote from ray peat saying that serotonin is mostly metabolized in the lungs and that an air ionizer near bed would help with fighting off serotonin related problems. Does that mean that people breathe serotonin out and obviously someone with a lot of it is going to poison people around him/her? And is it only serotonin that's getting breathed out like what about estrogen or its metabolites or maybe other stuff too ? If that's true what can someone do about it besides staying away from those people ?
There's also "mirror neurons" that allow you to feel what other people feel when you're around them. I wouldn't be too paranoid about it, while also not spending a lot of time with these people.

opethfeldt

Stress can be transferred from one person to another within a distance of 30 feet. Interestingly, psychopaths are apparently immune to this, I would guess because they do not feel empathy. So, I guess we all know what to strive for now ;)

lampofred

This is probably true, but I try to think along the lines of instead of letting yourself get poisoned by them, be so healthy that your presence heals them.

opethfeldt

This is probably true, but I try to think along the lines of instead of letting yourself get poisoned by them, be so healthy that your presence heals them.
I do think it does work both ways. "Empaths" are highly affected by other people's moods and feelings. If I'm angry, my girlfriend (she's an empath) can feel it and it rubs off on her in a negative way. When I'm happy, her mood improves. I would guess that the more empathetic a person is, the more they are prone to "absorbing" both positive and negative effects and emotions from their environment.

Arrade

Stress can be transferred from one person to another within a distance of 30 feet. Interestingly, psychopaths are apparently immune to this, I would guess because they do not feel empathy. So, I guess we all know what to strive for now ;)
Psychopaths are the elite

SOMO

Unhealthy people just make me sad, so I avoid them like the plague.

OP
cellboy

cellboy

I do think it does work both ways. "Empaths" are highly affected by other people's moods and feelings. If I'm angry, my girlfriend (she's an empath) can feel it and it rubs off on her in a negative way. When I'm happy, her mood improves. I would guess that the more empathetic a person is, the more they are prone to "absorbing" both positive and negative effects and emotions from their environment.
I thought psychos were fueled by stress hormones making them euphoric and unable to feel chit

opethfeldt

I thought psychos were fueled by stress hormones making them euphoric and unable to feel chit
I've read here it's caused by excess serotonin and then I've also read studies showing empathy is impaired by high testosterone coupled with low cortisol, so I don't think we really understand the true cause.

Arrade

I've read here it's caused by excess serotonin and then I've also read studies showing empathy is impaired by high testosterone coupled with low cortisol, so I don't think we really understand the true cause.
Excess serotonin makes you feel more, comes with high estrogen
While also a toxic mental state, I don’t think it would allow for the calm demeanor of sociopaths

michael94

I spent so much of my life in extremely high serotonin that even levels which are "high" feel like nothing to me. I guess thats a silver lining

fradon

yeah i agree, sometimes around certain toxic people i tend to feel sick and when they leave i feel better

another thing that gets me is SPRAY SUN SCREEN i can smell it from a few hundred feet away and it feels like my lungs ache and i lose my breath.

LUH 3417

Yes most importantly menstruating women use their blood to write in code to the devil who comes to damage all the village crops while everyone is asleep

Waynish

No, hormones are not flying through the air and affecting you. You are paranoid and your anxiety is affecting your belly ("through the gun-brain axis" they'll tell you). Despite some people on this forum seemingly promote masturbating more than meditating - the latter could cure you of your ills.

rei

No, hormones are not flying through the air and affecting you. You are paranoid and your anxiety is affecting your belly ("through the gun-brain axis" they'll tell you). Despite some people on this forum seemingly promote masturbating more than meditating - the latter could cure you of your ills.
What do you base that on? Phermones are very closely related structurally to steroids so what exactly makes steroids unable to for instance attach to shedding skin or sweat?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals