Are Ultrasounds Safe?

ddjd

I've had some problems with my liver and have had to have about four ultrasounds this week.

I'm just wondering what's the safety of these ultrasounds?

DaveFoster

X-rays do far more harm.

"Ultrasound devices can do an extremely good job of evaluating both bone density and strength [14-16], rather than just density.

Ultrasound stimulates bone repair.

X-rays accelerate the rate of bone loss.

X-rays do their harm at any dose; there is no threshold at which the harm begins."

Reference: Bone Density: First Do No Harm

biggirlkisss

ya just be careful with ultrasound near the ear. Resolutions on ultrasound are not like xrays though.

x-ray peat

I would agree that its fine for adults and worth any small risk it may cause. Not so great for fetuses I heard.

Sheila

Dear Mr Joeyd,

In adults, unless pregnant, the risks from ultrasound procedures are low, excepting if the scan is incompetently read perhaps and something is 'missed'.

Under stimulation of focused waves in the ultrasound range, small vesicles in tissue can collapse quickly (milli-seconds) and create hotspots which damage the surrounding tissue. Not great in a developing system such as a foetus which is more susceptible to damage (but may have higher rates of repair) which is why in pregnancy, unless otherwise indicated, ultrasounds might preferably be kept to a minimum. They're certainly not a toy to over-use to produce nice pictures for the M-i-L.

Four scans on the same place sounds unusual but I hope you are feeling better now after all that focused attention.
Best regards

Sheila

I had like 3-4 ultrasounds once, they all said more or less different things. Then I had another ultrasound at a teaching hospital. The guy saw the old ultrasounds and was like “not one of these is in focus, I have no idea how they could make any conclusions at all” :ss

@RealNeat
Can you provide a source that' clarifies
what type of ultrasound was used??
I searched everywhere after discovering this information and found nothing only ultrasound was used and the lady was a midwife.
From my own research ultrasound Used in pregnancy and other Clinics for pain relief It's more or less basically the same technology.
I would say and maybe I am presuming that the technique lies in the hands of the technician.

RealNeat

@RealNeat
Can you provide a source that' clarifies
what type of ultrasound was used??
I searched everywhere after discovering this information and found nothing only ultrasound was used and the lady was a midwife.
From my own research ultrasound Used in pregnancy and other Clinics for pain relief It's more or less basically the same technology.
I would say and maybe I am presuming that the technique lies in the hands of the technician.
I'm no expert on the topic but I see ultrasound devices being sold to consumers on places like Amazon for therapy but not imaging. Most ultrasound devices can only be attained by licensed physicians or the like. So there must be a difference in the tech.

From my limited reading there seems to be a difference in intensity so that imaging and therapy are not the same method.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals