Are There Any Peat-friendly Probiotics?

Kyle M

I ended up doing metronidazole and cephalexin. Neomycin and rifaximin would be the nuclear option, and paired with activated charcoal, "Bye, bye." bugs.

As I said I'm taking Rifaximin now and it's not exactly nuclear imo. I still have the SIBO symptoms, maybe a bit decreased.

Amazoniac

DaveFoster

As I said I'm taking Rifaximin now and it's not exactly nuclear imo. I still have the SIBO symptoms, maybe a bit decreased.
Ensuring a quick transit with 2-3 bowel movements daily would dissuade the development of SIBO and drastically lower bowel inflammation, leading to better mood, energy, and digestion. Cascara sagrada acts as a safe laxative.

Kyle M

Ensuring a quick transit with 2-3 bowel movements daily would dissuade the development of SIBO and drastically lower bowel inflammation, leading to better mood, energy, and digestion. Cascara sagrada acts as a safe laxative.

The thing is, I DO have that many bowels movements a day. More actually, depending on what I eat and do. If I eat something that produces gas in my gut, it causes me to have a bowel movement. Not a large one though, the pressure I think just stimulates peristalsis.

DaveFoster

The thing is, I DO have that many bowels movements a day. More actually, depending on what I eat and do. If I eat something that produces gas in my gut, it causes me to have a bowel movement. Not a large one though, the pressure I think just stimulates peristalsis.
Do you ever get a dull burning sensation at the base of your sternum (heartburn)?

Kyle M

Do you ever get a dull burning sensation at the base of your sternum (heartburn)?

No, I don't have heartburn or reflux symptoms and I don't have constipation or apparent slow transit time. My only consistent symptoms are bloating after meals (gas that gets trapped in my small intestine and distends my abdomen) and irritation from spicy food that I didn't get when I was younger. Very very rarely I'll have minor acid reflux symptoms, where I can feel chyme up in my lower throat (gross burp swallowing) but this happens like a few times a year.

RisingSun

I keep reading that bacteria, parasites, worms, all have a vital function and are in the organism for a reason: to feed on the wastes and byproducts of our organisms losing cells and decaying organs.
They are basically doing a usefull cleaning job.

Aren’t we disturbing this natural process by taking antibiotics?

nwo2012

No, I don't have heartburn or reflux symptoms and I don't have constipation or apparent slow transit time. My only consistent symptoms are bloating after meals (gas that gets trapped in my small intestine and distends my abdomen) and irritation from spicy food that I didn't get when I was younger. Very very rarely I'll have minor acid reflux symptoms, where I can feel chyme up in my lower throat (gross burp swallowing) but this happens like a few times a year.

Ginger or peppermint tea works wonders for that.

nwo2012

I keep reading that bacteria, parasites, worms, all have a vital function and are in the organism for a reason: to feed on the wastes and byproducts of our organisms losing cells and decaying organs.
They are basically doing a usefull cleaning job.

Aren’t we disturbing this natural process by taking antibiotics?

Well sterile mice live longer so at least for them no bacteria is better.
I think if you have a robust metabolism then very little would live in your gut and this would unlikely to negatively affect you but the number of people with poor metabolisms is staggering and I believe they are more likely to harbor unfavorable microbes. I work around very sick people and the majority of my colleagues are unhealthy and are forever catching flu, gastro and other clearly harmful infestations. I appear to be immune.......thanks RP.

nwo2012

Yes but a quick transit time due to malabsorption or the feeding of gut bacteria is not the same as from a healthy gut with good peristalsis.
My wife had this issue before we were Peating.

RisingSun

Well sterile mice live longer so at least for them no bacteria is better.
I think if you have a robust metabolism then very little would live in your gut and this would unlikely to negatively affect you but the number of people with poor metabolisms is staggering and I believe they are more likely to harbor unfavorable microbes. I work around very sick people and the majority of my colleagues are unhealthy and are forever catching flu, gastro and other clearly harmful infestations. I appear to be immune.......thanks RP.

Again, another point to debate: is it healthy to never get sick?

I remember 5 years a go I would catch at least a flu and 2 sore throats a year, and I had MUCH more energy all year long aside from these episodes than today.

Today I feel like a zombie on a daily basis but NEVER get sick, EVER. I would tend to think that means my immune system doesn't respond anymore to anything, and I am in a worse place than before

nwo2012

Again, another point to debate: is it healthy to never get sick?

I remember 5 years a go I would catch at least a flu and 2 sore throats a year, and I had MUCH more energy all year long aside from these episodes than today.

Today I feel like a zombie on a daily basis but NEVER get sick, EVER. I would tend to think that means my immune system doesn't respond anymore to anything, and I am in a worse place than before

Unfortunately you are talking nonsense. I see people on a regular basis with zero immune system, literally, due to chemo or other immunosuppressive therapies and they are sick constantly. Diabetics similarly.
I cant speak for your own case, but othetwise you are way of the mark.
By the way many people with poor metabolisms have an abundance of energy courtesy of cortisol and adrenaline. Its not a good thing though.

smith

Hygenist / fasting forums
You keep reading that it's good to have worms and other parasites from hygienist forums? Where?

bopp.png