Are There Any Peat-friendly Probiotics?

sunraiser

Unfortunately you are talking nonsense. I see people on a regular basis with zero immune system, literally, due to chemo or other immunosuppressive therapies and they are sick constantly. Diabetics similarly.
I cant speak for your own case, but othetwise you are way of the mark.
By the way many people with poor metabolisms have an abundance of energy courtesy of cortisol and adrenaline. Its not a good thing though.

Well it's not nonsense.

It's common in eating disorder states to never ever get sick, only for the immune system to kick in during recovery and lots of symptoms to finally present.

Where each individual is at is up for debate, but it's certainly a good question to be asking.

nwo2012

Well it's not nonsense.

It's common in eating disorder states to never ever get sick, only for the immune system to kick in during recovery and lots of symptoms to finally present.

Where each individual is at is up for debate, but it's certainly a good question to be asking.

Being in starvation mode is completely different. Most of the issues in recovery come from refeeding syndrome.

sunraiser

Being in starvation mode is completely different. Most of the issues in recovery come from refeeding syndrome.

I'm talking about cold and flu type symptoms. Refeeding syndrome is far less common and can be very serious.

If you read into people's experiences you'll see supressed immune systems during low metabolic states as quite a common thing.

RisingSun

Unfortunately you are talking nonsense. I see people on a regular basis with zero immune system, literally, due to chemo or other immunosuppressive therapies and they are sick constantly. Diabetics similarly.
I cant speak for your own case, but othetwise you are way of the mark.
By the way many people with poor metabolisms have an abundance of energy courtesy of cortisol and adrenaline. Its not a good thing though.

I’m just bringing hypothesis on the table and my n=1 experience, not sure how that qualifies as nonsense

nwo2012

Well it's not nonsense.

Never sick? You mean not getting colds or flus means not getting sick? I see sick people on a daily working basis, they are all sick, maybe 0.005% of them have colds or flus. Btw there have been many having their appendix or gallbladder removed, Crohn's disease bowel resections etc that have eating disorders.
Those all relate to the immune system that you suggested magically is not able to mount an immune response in eating disorders.

sunraiser

Never sick? You mean not getting colds or flus means not getting sick? I see sick people on a daily working basis, they are all sick, maybe 0.005% of them have colds or flus. Btw there have been many having their appendix or gallbladder removed, Crohn's disease bowel resections etc that have eating disorders.
Those all relate to the immune system that you suggested magically is not able to mount an immune response in eating disorders.

You made a point about you not catching "flu / gastro" when your colleagues did and she replied with an anecdote about her own lack of symptoms despite being in a perceived state of worse health.

The context of the conversation is along the above lines, and you're arguing something completely different here. Remember the feeling of flu or gastro symptoms are simply the immune response - it's not the bacteria / infection causing those, it's the immune response! I have had similar experiences to RisingSun in that when I was severely overtrained with very low body fat I didn't ever get sick. I didn't feel good, but I prided myself on never being sick when others were.

I just think a robust sense of wellbeing, sociability, charisma and ability to express oneself alongside good energy levels are much better reflections of health than considering oneself healthy via seemingly logical tickboxes.

It's a sensible point to raise in my opinion! I'm not refuting the fact you're around "sick" people, but the context is important here...

RisingSun

You made a point about you not catching "flu / gastro" when your colleagues did and she replied with an anecdote about her own lack of symptoms despite being in a perceived state of worse health.

The context of the conversation is along the above lines, and you're arguing something completely different here. Remember the feeling of flu or gastro symptoms are simply the immune response - it's not the bacteria / infection causing those, it's the immune response! I have had similar experiences to RisingSun in that when I was severely overtrained with very low body fat I didn't ever get sick. I didn't feel good, but I prided myself on never being sick when others were.

I just think a robust sense of wellbeing, sociability, charisma and ability to express oneself alongside good energy levels are much better reflections of health than considering oneself healthy via seemingly logical tickboxes.

It's a sensible point to raise in my opinion! I'm not refuting the fact you're around "sick" people, but the context is important here...

Couldn’t have said it better

Kartoffel

Has anyone here ever tried Biosporin or another product containing licheniformis and subtilis?

T

TheBeard

Don't dismiss raw garlic as an "antibiotic". It's pretty effective but has to be raw. I actually worked in a lab who were testing bacteriophages, antibiotics and raw garlic. The raw garlic had VERY significant effects on culture growth.

I have also had h. pylori and did a week of raw garlic juice twice a day and it had significant effects. I'm doing it again a year later and adding in carrot salad as well to kill em and move em. So far I've had the metallic taste of them dying for two days, and then a rapid improvement in stool types. It's been the least unpleasant gut cleansing I've tried. Charcoal hurts haha!

I had been doing 2 years straight of 3 pressed raw garlic cloves everyday with no result whatsoever for my SIBO.
With only one week of Rx antibiotics it was greatly alleviated.

I too wanted to think freshly pressed raw garlic could get rid of gut bacteria, it was just not the case

somuch4food

Again, another point to debate: is it healthy to never get sick?

I remember 5 years a go I would catch at least a flu and 2 sore throats a year, and I had MUCH more energy all year long aside from these episodes than today.

Today I feel like a zombie on a daily basis but NEVER get sick, EVER. I would tend to think that means my immune system doesn't respond anymore to anything, and I am in a worse place than before

Remember the feeling of flu or gastro symptoms are simply the immune response - it's not the bacteria / infection causing those, it's the immune response! I have had similar experiences to RisingSun in that when I was severely overtrained with very low body fat I didn't ever get sick. I didn't feel good, but I prided myself on never being sick when others were

I've rarely been sick in my life. Never had gastro, the flu once or twice in ten years. I have some bouts of cold symptoms in the last years. I too thought I had a strong immune system since I wasn't sick, but I'm beginning to doubt that.

I had a powerful experience with cranberries last week. My breakfast was cranberry sauce on toasts. The results was a runny nose with some smelly snot. Each day I had the same result.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I had been doing 2 years straight of 3 pressed raw garlic cloves everyday with no result whatsoever for my SIBO.
With only one week of Rx antibiotics it was greatly alleviated.

I too wanted to think freshly pressed raw garlic could get rid of gut bacteria, it was just not the case
@TheBeard,
What antibiotics did you take?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals